Official: Capitol District

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Brad, nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy

iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Official: Capitol District

Postby iamjacobm » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:34 pm

It looks like the 2 story retail building has its western wall going up.

Omaha_corn_burner
Library Board

Postby Omaha_corn_burner » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:38 am

iamjacobm wrote:
thenewguy wrote:It could be that i was attempting to browse on my phone, but for the life of me, i could not locate the actual floor plans (besides pricing and then 'contact us' when you click 1 bed, 1 bath, etc)

I wasn't able to find actual floor plans either.

http://www.livecapitoldistrict.com/floorplans.aspx
Floorplans are up. No clue how long they have been live.

Looks like TINY kitchens, okay/smallish sized bedrooms, and HUGE living rooms

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Postby RNcyanide » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:
thenewguy wrote:It could be that i was attempting to browse on my phone, but for the life of me, i could not locate the actual floor plans (besides pricing and then 'contact us' when you click 1 bed, 1 bath, etc)

Whoever did those kitchens has clearly never cooked a day in their lives. Holy moley they're bad. I get they're going for the loft experience that's still not worth it to me.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

daveoma
Human Relations

Postby daveoma » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:19 pm

RNcyanide wrote:
Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:

Whoever did those kitchens has clearly never cooked a day in their lives. Holy moley they're bad. I get they're going for the loft experience that's still not worth it to me.

Holy |expletive| those apartments are expensive! I agree about the kitchens, they're super small. I think the largest unit looks like a duplex with no wall separating the two sides.

TitosBuritoBarn
Parks & Recreation

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:28 pm

I've always thought it was weird when you had to pass through a closet to get to the bathroom. Some of the more expensive units here seem to have this layout.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Postby RNcyanide » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:21 am

daveoma wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:
Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:

Holy |expletive| those apartments are expensive! I agree about the kitchens, they're super small. I think the largest unit looks like a duplex with no wall separating the two sides.

I wonder if the idea is to encourage the people who have enough money for the exorbitantly high rents to go down to the district and spend money at the restaurants down there for food.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Postby bigredmed » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Charge a ton, get no Creighton party boys and no Section 8. Your apartments become sellable to new people moving in from other cities where big $ rents are normal, but living in a Frat or in a welfare hotel is not.

Trips
Home Owners Association

Postby Trips » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 am

So they only have one model with a balcony and it just so happens to have two? $2,900 - $3,000 and you can get some fresh air.

On a side note, I was looking at a condo on Friday and it looked like the hotel pool was ready for tile work. I think that will be a cool feature if they do it right.

Return to “Urban Omaha Development”