L14 Flats (14th & Leavenworth)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Too bad they didn't have room for a pool.  My buddy had a place in the capital hill area of DT Denver, they had an outdoor pool in the courtyard of the complex and it was insanely fun.  It basically consisted of of people that had recently graduated college and were working downtown.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Big E wrote:
edsas wrote:Is the courtyard enclosed or are those pillows weather proof?
Those aren't pillows!
ROFLMAO!
edsas
Human Relations

Post by edsas »

Big E wrote:
edsas wrote:Is the courtyard enclosed or are those pillows weather proof?
Those aren't pillows!
:lol:

How many cheeks does John Candy have? I'm counting at least 12.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120912/M ... eavenworth
Juan Perez Jr., World-Herald Staff Writer wrote:One of the freshest additions to downtown’s growing rental housing market got a formal opening ceremony Wednesday.

City and business leaders toured the new L14 Flats apartment complex at the corner of 14th and Leavenworth Streets.

All but a dozen of the building’s 42 units already are leased and the remaining units are expected to be taken by October, said Dominic Vaccaro, vice-president of America First Real Estate Group. Rents start at $700 but most are in the range of $900 to $1,200.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I can't overstate how much I want them to break ground on the car wash location soon.  With this completed one getting a really good reception I would hope the next one would be on a fast track right now.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

iamjacobm wrote:I can't overstate how much I want them to break ground on the car wash location soon.  With this completed one getting a really good reception I would hope the next one would be on a fast track right now.
I agree I can't wait for that location to get started as well.  It will look so much better and bring a nice presence, hopefully filling the whole lot out to the street.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

skinzfan23 wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:I can't overstate how much I want them to break ground on the car wash location soon.  With this completed one getting a really good reception I would hope the next one would be on a fast track right now.
I agree I can't wait for that location to get started as well.  It will look so much better and bring a nice presence, hopefully filling the whole lot out to the street.
Is that ever gonna happen?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

skinzfan23 wrote:
If it has a similar scale as this one it should look great on that property.  L14 Flats actually feels pretty nondescript I think, it fits in well, but no casual observer will really notice the place in the shadow of the taller brick building and on a fairly low traffic corner.  13th and Jones on the other hand would be the biggest building on the block and would be really easily noticeable from the Old Market.  Plus with it being even closer one might guess the units would be an easier rent than L14.  Maybe they could even add a floor or two to meet higher demand  :).  Optimism!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

[youtube][/youtube]
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Construction Update from Tonight:

BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Wow, that turned out really good!
Tornado
Home Owners Association

Post by Tornado »

Talk about filling up dead space. That really looks great. Thanks for the photo Brad.
koberaptor
Home Owners Association

Post by koberaptor »

Looks pretty. Even i would live there  :D
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

L14 Flats now available

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

A friend of mine is all moved in here.  It isn't luxury, but it is a really nice place.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Looks very nice.  Good rooms size, plenty of storage in the kitchen, good counter space, balcony, nice views.  Havent been there in person but from the pics they look well done.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Dicon Receives Associated General Contractors Award for L14 Flats

On November 8, Dicon received Honorable Mention for the Build Nebraska Awards. This award was issued by the Nebraska Chapter of The Associated General Contractors of America for their L14 Flats project in Omaha. The Associated General Contractors – Nebraska Building Chapter's Build Nebraska Awards are being given in recognition of excellence in the construction industry. These prestigious awards are given to projects selected by a panel of a contractor’s toughest critics — architects, professors and contractors from other regions.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re:

Post by iamjacobm »

derog wrote:
StreetsOfOmaha wrote:
nativeomahan wrote:A mini J-Lofts, it would appear.  Too bad we couldn't have had something more impressive.  There aren't many other open lots available in that neighborhood.
I seem to remember tons of open lots along Leavenworth, and specifically, in that area.

Big E, the rendering makes it look like they intend to keep that building (the one to the south). It would be great to see something done with that space. It has been totally empty and gutted for at least a decade.
I agree, they need to keep that building standing and someone needs to do something with it. The thought of tearing it down hadn't crossed my mind until I read Big E's post, so I stopped by this evening to check the place out and take a couple pictures of the building and the empty lot where the apartment will be built. The glass on the main floor appears to be relatively clean or new, and there is some framing. That could all be an illusion, and it's certainly possible it has been sitting there started but not finished for years. I apologize for the quality of the pictures in my camera phone.

Did we ever have a thread for this building? I can't find it.

Anyways a skid loader was leveling out the lot directly south of this building today.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Re:

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm wrote:Did we ever have a thread for this building?  I can't find it.

Anyways a skid loader was leveling out the lot directly south of this building today.
I don't think we have had a special thread for this building, just speculations within this thread concerning what we would like to see happen. At first we thought it might be torn down, but driving past it this year they definitely have been renovating it. I keep thinking of finding info on it, but forget.
Coyote
City Council

Re: L14 Flats (14th & Leavenworth)

Post by Coyote »

814 S. 14th St., Omaha, NE
Douglas County, Nebraska Property Record - R0317300002
Omaha Zoning: DS-ACI-1(PL), Industrial
Owner: Frank A. Horejsi Jr.