30 Metropolitan (Former Mister C's)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

justnick
Human Relations

Re: Former Mister C's Site (30th and Fort)

Post by justnick »

is this still going to be the same project? there was no movement then they took down the rendering and coming soon/for lease sign about two months ago, still nothing, and now movement.
SaveOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by SaveOmaha »

Thanks for all the updates Coyote! I found out that construction at 30 Metropolitan Place is expected to start in April.
Last edited by SaveOmaha on Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaveOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by SaveOmaha »

justnick wrote:is this still going to be the same project? there was no movement then they took down the rendering and coming soon/for lease sign about two months ago, still nothing, and now movement.
This is the same project and it is definitely still going forward!
Last edited by SaveOmaha on Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

The only activity, permit wise, for that address over the past year has been a plumbing permit and a bunch of zoning appeals.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

At the "State of North Omaha" event they said this project is moving forward.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/money/demolition-n ... ad221.html
The former Mister C’s restaurant at 5319 N. 30th St. finally faces demolition to make way for new development.
The restaurant, which opened in 1953, served its last meal on Sept. 30, 2007.

The developer, Arun Agarwal of White Lotus, has expanded his plans for the site. Construction is scheduled to begin this summer on the 30 Metropolitan Place project, which has been expanded to five from four stories, and will include 110 apartments.

Ground-level retail services will be tailored to the needs of students at the nearby Metropolitan Community College Fort Street Campus.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Something needs to go in to this vacant property. The announced plans sound wonderful.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote
City Council

Re: 30 Metropolitan (Former Mister C's)

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

5 story, 110 units, 11K SF of retail, 167 parking stalls. $1 million in TIF requested.

http://www.30metropolitanplace.com/home.html

Habits76
Home Owners Association

Post by Habits76 »

Wow, what an Improvement for that location!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

And it will actually be one floor larger than the renderings show.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

First off, very cool looking building in an area that needs it. This area has seen better days, but there are some great people here. I worked on the sewer seperation project between this site and Miller Park. Question though. Is this going to work in this neighborhood? Could someone give me some insight on who will be able to afford to/choose to live here?
SaveOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by SaveOmaha »

Louie wrote:First off, very cool looking building in an area that needs it. This area has seen better days, but there are some great people here. I worked on the sewer seperation project between this site and Miller Park. Question though. Is this going to work in this neighborhood? Could someone give me some insight on who will be able to afford to/choose to live here?
There is an affordable unit component to this project.
Last edited by SaveOmaha on Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

Beautiful! !
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Very Seattl'esk... well, aside from the back parking lot.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

OK, I acknowledge that my tastes in buildings is not the same as most people here.

That said, can I state that this proposed siding looks like an unfortunate blending of Brutalism and Bauhaus? I think it is not fitting into the neighborhood in a bad way and that we are going to look at this in real life and see the same eyesore that we see when we look at the CO2 condo down on 10th street. Here is a building that on the east side has homes from the Craftsman style and on the west side has Ft Omaha that is full of green spaces and Federalist period buildings.

I would have hoped that they would have done the exterior treatment to better blend into these surrounding styles.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

bigredmed wrote:OK, I acknowledge that my tastes in buildings is not the same as most people here.

That said, can I state that this proposed siding looks like an unfortunate blending of Brutalism and Bauhaus? I think it is not fitting into the neighborhood in a bad way and that we are going to look at this in real life and see the same eyesore that we see when we look at the CO2 condo down on 10th street. Here is a building that on the east side has homes from the Craftsman style and on the west side has Ft Omaha that is full of green spaces and Federalist period buildings.

I would have hoped that they would have done the exterior treatment to better blend into these surrounding styles.
The CO2 condo building may be the furthest thing from an eyesore in the entire city. I really like the style of this building.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Linkin5 wrote:
bigredmed wrote:OK, I acknowledge that my tastes in buildings is not the same as most people here.

The CO2 condo building may be the furthest thing from an eyesore in the entire city. I really like the style of this building.
I second that. I feel a lot of the architecture in Omaha has been rather restrained. I like the risks buildings are starting to take now.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
EastCB
Library Board

Post by EastCB »

I agree. I think in 20 years this will seem so lame.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

EastCB wrote:

I agree. I think in 20 years this will seem so lame.
Isn't that the rule of thumb for architecture in general?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

I guess I would rather see harmonious styles. Something more like the exterior of the Culinary school on the south side of the Ft Omaha campus.

I compare this to UNL. The city campus is a jumble of styles. East campus has a more harmonious look to the buildings and is more pleasing to the eye.

I wish the architects had chosen something that would harmonize with the two surrounding styles.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

bigredmed wrote:I guess I would rather see harmonious styles. Something more like the exterior of the Culinary school on the south side of the Ft Omaha campus.

I compare this to UNL. The city campus is a jumble of styles. East campus has a more harmonious look to the buildings and is more pleasing to the eye.

I wish the architects had chosen something that would harmonize with the two surrounding styles.
That makes more sense - I can totally see where you are coming from. I think they were aiming for contrast when they planned this place and did CO2 in Little Italy. I personally like the contrast, but maybe they will look at it one day and think, "well |expletive|, that doesn't look right."

The Bride
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Neighbors wondering what is going on

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Neig ... 50931.html
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I noticed yesterday as I drove by that they were dumping a lot of dirt into this area But that's the first work I have seen happening for awhile.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Uffda wrote:I noticed yesterday as I drove by that they were dumping a lot of dirt into this area But that's the first work I have seen happening for awhile.
I drove by on Saturday and noticed new trucks on the land but didn't think much about it. Nice to know something is happening here, if just land filling.
vvindows10
New to the Neighborhood

Post by vvindows10 »

These people are getting busy lately. Dirt work on the row house - funeral home site started, and piles of dirt appear at this site. Busy busy busy. Just conjecture.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

When I drove by last night it looks like there's a for sale sign by White Lotus.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Uffda wrote:When I drove by last night it looks like there's a for sale sign by White Lotus.
If their project fails, then I hope the new owners can have their architects plan a building harmonious to the existing architectural motifs in the immediate area. Federal style on the west and Arts and Crafts style to the east. Would think that would be doable and would have a better affect on the neighborhood.
Lillian Bean
Home Owners Association

Post by Lillian Bean »

The final construction drawings were just released to subcontractors for bidding which would suggest the project is still moving forward.
Thinking there's not a whole lot to say anymore now that people listen & she has to make sense.
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

Lillian Bean wrote:The final construction drawings were just released to subcontractors for bidding which would suggest the project is still moving forward.
Are they the same as the ones posted on this site?
Lillian Bean
Home Owners Association

Post by Lillian Bean »

Taco wrote:
Lillian Bean wrote:The final construction drawings were just released to subcontractors for bidding which would suggest the project is still moving forward.
Are they the same as the ones posted on this site?
It sure looks like it. This is the description, "A five-story mixed-use Apartment/Retail building totaling 113, 000 SF. The ground floor consists of "White-Shell" retail space, Residential Apartment Entry/Common Spaces, and 10 Residential Apartment Units. Floors two thru five contain 25 Residential Apartment Units per floor."
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-03-23 08 22 28.jpg
Screenshot 2016-03-23 08 22 28.jpg (77.58 KiB) Viewed 3713 times
Thinking there's not a whole lot to say anymore now that people listen & she has to make sense.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Uffda wrote:When I drove by last night it looks like there's a for sale sign by White Lotus.
I happen to drive by last night and I need to retract this statement. What I thought was a for sale sign actually was Available 10,000 square-foot retail space sign. My bad sorry guys. :?
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Uffda wrote:
I happen to drive by last night and I need to retract this statement. What I thought was a for sale sign actually was Available 10,000 square-foot retail space sign. My bad sorry guys. :?

I drive by almost daily. It looks to me that White Lotus finished the demo per neighborhood pressure. They missed a few poles as well. It does not appear to me that any kind of construction might occur anytime soon. Didn't White Lotus just run into trouble with some property in Bellevue that had a lot of code violations and it got condemned?
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Drove by today. Sign now says, "10,000 SQ FT. Retail Coming Soon."
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

Newer rendering from the website, it also indicates that it will be tax credit, typically that would exclude full time students unless they have dependent children.

caption is "Clarity is collaborating with White Lotus Group to develop an approximately five-story, one hundred thousand square foot Class A mixed-use facility that will be located across the street from Metropolitan Community College's historic Fort Omaha Campus. The project will consist of approximately 110 LIHTC apartments and 11,000 square feet of commercial space which will consist of, among other tenants, a federally-qualified health center and multiple restaurants."
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

That will be great for the area. What is the timeline for the project again?