The Florentine Apartments

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

The Florentine Apartments

Post by iamjacobm »

http://fielddaydev.com/home/projects/
Plans for this project are underway.
The historic exterior of the building will be preserved and the interior will be 30 upscale apartments. Expected completion is late 2013. Field Day is assisting the owner with financing, obtaining and selling tax credits, construction and lease-up!
Located on 25th and Marcy.  This is a cool building I didn't even know existed!

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

When I hear florentine apartments, I think the ghetto apartments at 80 ish and Blondo ST.

This project looks cool!
Bugeater
Library Board

Post by Bugeater »

Ugh. I love to see old buildings preserved as much as anyone else, but that thing is an abomination. Looks like it was cobbled together with leftover masonry from a half a dozen other projects. I suppose the front elevation works ok, but that side...w-t-f, it goes from stucco on the foundation, to two floors of decorative block that doesn't even come close to matching anything else on the building, to plain old shitty concrete block on the 3rd floor? Kill it with fire.
Life is the sh*t that happens while we wait for moments that never come.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

I wonder if  this is an early sign that the current Midtown revitalization will make it's way east of 480?  There are some really nice properties in the area between the railroad tracks and 480 south of Leavenworth, but that area has been pretty badly neglected for a long time.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Bugeater wrote:Ugh. I love to see old buildings preserved as much as anyone else, but that thing is an abomination. Looks like it was cobbled together with leftover masonry from a half a dozen other projects. I suppose the front elevation works ok, but that side...w-t-f, it goes from stucco on the foundation, to two floors of decorative block that doesn't even come close to matching anything else on the building, to plain old |expletive| concrete block on the 3rd floor? Kill it with fire.
Funny according to Wiki the pillars at the entrances and the bottom two floors of stone are recycled from the old courthouse when it was torn down.
Garrett
Planning Board

Re: The Florentine Apartments

Post by Garrett »

Whatever happened with this?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Requested $575K in tax credits due to the Historic Tax Credit program.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Plans are now in the works for a $2.5M renovation by Boyd Jones.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

The Florentine (from the Lund Ross Website)
The 3-story Florentine is a sandstone structure constructed in 1911.Owner Matt Dougherty is using historic tax credits to as part of the funding to create 30 one-bedroom apartments.

The project includes extensive restructuring of the interior, exterior masonry restoration, replacing all windows and complete new mechanical and electrical systems.

Construction commenced in April of 2018 and will be completed in December.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

The long-closed Florentine apartments at 907 S 25th Street have been reopened after the remodel. More photos are available at Photos