Missouri River Commons (Riverfront Development)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

nebraska
Home Owners Association
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Downtown

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby nebraska » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:12 am

Rethinking the riverfront: New committee is charged with implementing a vision for development

How about you's guys go visit some existing riverfronts? Don't look within to see how local businesses can prop up the concrete beach we call a riverfront.

Instead, go find ways that work in other towns. Fly, spread your wings little bird. Go out across the world and tell us what you see.

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1869
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby GetUrban » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:53 am

I'm skeptical about sending food trucks to the Lewis & Clark Landing area. The whole idea behind food trucks is bringing food to where the people already are, for convenience, not vice-versa. They would be great to have for special events and to supplement other things happening there, but I don't think people are going to walk that far from downtown or drive there to buy stuff from food trucks.

I hope they focus on getting a new anchor there, such as a museum or substantial band shell venue, not another restaurant/bar. Covering the railroad tracks in a tunnel would help too. Duluth covered parts of I-35 between their downtown and the lake front to open it up. Omaha should do something similar to our riverfront from the ped bridge down past Leavenworth.
Last edited by GetUrban on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby MTO » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:22 am

Food trucks where there should be a landmark facility is like putting a trailer park where there should be a museum.
15-17, 26, 32

Aspire Omaha
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:13 am

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby Aspire Omaha » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:21 am

Build a year-round destination attraction like a Science and Industry Museum.... look to Chicago, Baltimore and Seattle as inspiration on how to develop a waterfront. San Diego did:

http://www.sandiegomagazine.com/San-Die ... aterfront/

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2099
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:18 pm

It's unfortunate that it seems everyone who goes into the river gets swept under and drowns, so that limits a lot of the activities that can take place there. That and the contamination. I think the initial idea of a boardwalk, event space, and restaurants was the right direction, but poorly executed. It's not enough to draw a lot of people down there frequently. It's far away from everything and difficult to get to. People are lazy. There needs to be more residential and commercial space provided and more activities and landmarks or "weenies" to visit. Capping the railroad is a must or it'll continue with a disjointed feeling.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

nebraska
Home Owners Association
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Downtown

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby nebraska » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:37 pm

connecticut-science-museum.jpg
connecticut-science-museum.jpg (128.78 KiB) Viewed 3154 times


Hartford, CT's new museum does a fantastic job of tying their downtown to their riverfront, and that's with a highway running past it. google map

As Titos mentions, it's far away and difficult to get to. Also, the back side of the CLink is horrible from a pedestrian POV. So the right move would be building something over/near the tracks and re-configuring access to the riverfront. I'm in favor of small buildings under the highway and opening pop-up restaurants, bike rentals, whatever that can open/close according to the weather.

Fook it, I say just build a new children's museum on the riverfront.

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby MTO » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:26 pm

I'd just be happy with something like this.
http://www.sciowa.org/
15-17, 26, 32

nativeomahan
Planning Board
Posts: 3472
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby nativeomahan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:05 pm

Omaha could use a science museum. And a Museum of Modern Art. Something like that would attract people to this riverfront location, because they would be "one of a kind" tourist attractions not replicated elsewhere.

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby daveoma » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:18 pm

I totally agree with the museum idea! We already have an art museum (Joslyn) and a modern art museum (Kaneko), so I'm thinking a science museum would be PERFECT! Given the war on science that's happening in the country this would be a great way to reach out to the community at large. You could also have partnerships with the universities. :-)

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3658
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby Greg S » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:50 am

How limited are they with the type of building that can go up, due to the way they capped the contaminated soil?

Greg

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1869
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby GetUrban » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Greg S wrote:How limited are they with the type of building that can go up, due to the way they capped the contaminated soil?

Greg


Building would be limited to the former Ricks/Storz building footprint and footing areas. Or new spot excavations through the cap and removal of contaminated soil and re-sealing around new footings/pilings could be done in an expanded area. Wholesale removal of all of the contamination would be the best thing, but I haven't heard what that might cost. In any case, it's an added cost that limits feasibility. The Ricks/Storz building footings could have just been shallow spread footings sitting on top of the cap, but a more substantial building might require deeper footings, even to the bedrock 40' below.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

choke
Human Relations
Posts: 679
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby choke » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:22 pm

nebraska wrote:
connecticut-science-museum.jpg


Hartford, CT's new museum does a fantastic job of tying their downtown to their riverfront, and that's with a highway running past it. google map

As Titos mentions, it's far away and difficult to get to. Also, the back side of the CLink is horrible from a pedestrian POV. So the right move would be building something over/near the tracks and re-configuring access to the riverfront. I'm in favor of small buildings under the highway and opening pop-up restaurants, bike rentals, whatever that can open/close according to the weather.

Fook it, I say just build a new children's museum on the riverfront.


This is an excellent idea. A new children's museum with a splash park/playground maybe. This makes it a year-round destination and guarantees foot traffic. Not to mention a nice fit with the Lewis & Clark Trail Visitor Center.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8944
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby iamjacobm » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:28 am

I heard something really big is churning behind the scenes. Like 9 digit budget big.

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby MTO » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:42 am

Doubt it, not enough room for a suburban mixed use development.
15-17, 26, 32

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby RNcyanide » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:52 pm

iamjacobm wrote:I heard something really big is churning behind the scenes. Like 9 digit budget big.


Completely redoing the cap??
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

NEDodger
Library Board
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby NEDodger » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:54 pm

iamjacobm wrote:I heard something really big is churning behind the scenes. Like 9 digit budget big.


I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm kind of hoping it's an arena.

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby RNcyanide » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:11 pm

NEDodger wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:I heard something really big is churning behind the scenes. Like 9 digit budget big.


I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm kind of hoping it's an arena.


With state of the art parking lots.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

Joe_Sovereign
Library Board
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:57 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby Joe_Sovereign » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:16 pm

They are building a dedicated swimming arena to be used once every 4 years for the Olympic Swim Trials. The city is taking on 2 billion in new bond debt to finance. Announcement coming soon.

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2099
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:18 pm

Concession choices will include Omahans' beloved Dunkin Donuts and Chik Fil A. Something for breakfast, something for lunch, dead if heart attack by dinner.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2382
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby jessep28 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:37 pm

A new basketball arena to attract lucrative NBA preseason games.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

choke
Human Relations
Posts: 679
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby choke » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:36 pm

Joe_Sovereign wrote:They are building a dedicated swimming arena to be used once every 4 years for the Olympic Swim Trials. The city is taking on 2 billion in new bond debt to finance. Announcement coming soon.


And they will build it facing the wrong way, making it harder for the swimmers to swim, creating incredibly long finishing times.

User avatar
PotatoeEatsFish
Library Board
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby PotatoeEatsFish » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:00 pm

iamjacobm wrote:I heard something really big is churning behind the scenes. Like 9 digit budget big.


My mega ferris wheel is getting built!

Image
I got that Milf $

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby bigredmed » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:37 am

choke wrote:
nebraska wrote:
connecticut-science-museum.jpg


Hartford, CT's new museum does a fantastic job of tying their downtown to their riverfront, and that's with a highway running past it. google map

As Titos mentions, it's far away and difficult to get to. Also, the back side of the CLink is horrible from a pedestrian POV. So the right move would be building something over/near the tracks and re-configuring access to the riverfront. I'm in favor of small buildings under the highway and opening pop-up restaurants, bike rentals, whatever that can open/close according to the weather.

Fook it, I say just build a new children's museum on the riverfront.


This is an excellent idea. A new children's museum with a splash park/playground maybe. This makes it a year-round destination and guarantees foot traffic. Not to mention a nice fit with the Lewis & Clark Trail Visitor Center.


Splash park? That's for wimps. Grow them kids up right. into the river they go..... :P

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby MadMartin8 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:48 am

bigredmed wrote:
choke wrote:
nebraska wrote:
connecticut-science-museum.jpg


Hartford, CT's new museum does a fantastic job of tying their downtown to their riverfront, and that's with a highway running past it. google map

As Titos mentions, it's far away and difficult to get to. Also, the back side of the CLink is horrible from a pedestrian POV. So the right move would be building something over/near the tracks and re-configuring access to the riverfront. I'm in favor of small buildings under the highway and opening pop-up restaurants, bike rentals, whatever that can open/close according to the weather.

Fook it, I say just build a new children's museum on the riverfront.


This is an excellent idea. A new children's museum with a splash park/playground maybe. This makes it a year-round destination and guarantees foot traffic. Not to mention a nice fit with the Lewis & Clark Trail Visitor Center.


Splash park? That's for wimps. Grow them kids up right. into the river they go..... :P


Ohhhh this made me laugh. Thanks bigred for the laugh this morning :lol:
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
thenewguy
Planning Board
Posts: 2876
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Council Bluffs

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby thenewguy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:17 pm

iamjacobm wrote:I heard something really big is churning behind the scenes. Like 9 digit budget big.



You serious Clark?
Go Cubs Go

Hawkeye
Home Owners Association
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:31 pm

iamjacobm wrote:I heard something really big is churning behind the scenes. Like 9 digit budget big.


FINALLY!!!!

Image

tpaine
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:19 am

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby tpaine » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:35 pm

I wish they would turn the Gene Leahy mall into something similar to the San Antonio Riverwalk with shops and restaurants surrounding it. This "riverwalk" would encourage companies and businesses to build around the park and right in the middle of downtown to be close to new and walkable entertainment options for their employees (hopefully at least replacing the red box building and library). The "riverwalk" could also connect to and continue around Heartland of America Park with additional restaurants, rowhouses and condos. This would also provide a grand entrance and connection to the new riverfront development, which would hopefully be complimentary and an attraction in itself. I realize these are pie-in-the-sky dreams but something needs to be dramatically done to attract businesses, tourism and development to downtown Omaha. Otherwise we will keep seeing businesses like ConAgra, HDR and others look elsewhere. We need big ideas that stand out and become the envy of other cities. Come on Warren, please help us out! :;):

User avatar
PotatoeEatsFish
Library Board
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby PotatoeEatsFish » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Lets say you got a billion dollars to build whatever you wanted on the riverfront, what would it be?

Personally I would build a observation tower, like 1,000 feet to the tip.
It wouldn't take up much land but it would still create a destination.
Maybe put some condo buildings around it and build over the railroad to make a park.

Image
I got that Milf $

Busguy2010
Human Relations
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby Busguy2010 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:49 pm

That's a very realistic site plan, nothing grandiose really. The Observation tower may be a bit out there, but not so much really. If anything, I'd put the observation tower on the south side and have the condos next to each other. But I like it. Do it!

ShaneofCal
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:44 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby ShaneofCal » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:53 pm

Whatever happens in this area will ideally flow with the development just west of Century and with any development that occurs on the land that ConAgra is vacating. Massive condo buildings and an observation tower don't really make for a more livable downtown. Both areas (ConAgra and the riverfront) provide the city with an incredible opportunity to promote an area that is dense, walkable, green, and which has dedicated infrastructure for alternative forms of transportation, such as cycling (just look at what Lincoln has done, which is a great start). The best "big city" neighborhoods are not full of massive 1,000 ft structures. They are occupied by small dwellings and buildings which are usually not much taller than 5 stories, such as The Old Market; and consider what is happening on Farnam St. with the Blackstone District.

User avatar
guy4omaha
Human Relations
Posts: 909
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: The Big O

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby guy4omaha » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:42 pm

tpaine wrote:I wish they would turn the Gene Leahy mall into something similar to the San Antonio Riverwalk with shops and restaurants surrounding it. This "riverwalk" would encourage companies and businesses to build around the park and right in the middle of downtown to be close to new and walkable entertainment options for their employees (hopefully at least replacing the red box building and library). The "riverwalk" could also connect to and continue around Heartland of America Park with additional restaurants, rowhouses and condos. This would also provide a grand entrance and connection to the new riverfront development, which would hopefully be complimentary and an attraction in itself. I realize these are pie-in-the-sky dreams but something needs to be dramatically done to attract businesses, tourism and development to downtown Omaha. Otherwise we will keep seeing businesses like ConAgra, HDR and others look elsewhere. We need big ideas that stand out and become the envy of other cities. Come on Warren, please help us out! :;):


It's alive:The Lormung Lo Lagoon Lives!!!
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1819
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby Garrett » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:01 am

tpaine wrote:I wish they would turn the Gene Leahy mall into something similar to the San Antonio Riverwalk with shops and restaurants surrounding it. This "riverwalk" would encourage companies and businesses to build around the park and right in the middle of downtown to be close to new and walkable entertainment options for their employees (hopefully at least replacing the red box building and library). The "riverwalk" could also connect to and continue around Heartland of America Park with additional restaurants, rowhouses and condos. This would also provide a grand entrance and connection to the new riverfront development, which would hopefully be complimentary and an attraction in itself. I realize these are pie-in-the-sky dreams but something needs to be dramatically done to attract businesses, tourism and development to downtown Omaha. Otherwise we will keep seeing businesses like ConAgra, HDR and others look elsewhere. We need big ideas that stand out and become the envy of other cities. Come on Warren, please help us out! :;):

This was actually the original plan for Gene Leahy and HoAP back in the day. Unfortunately it didn't work out like that.
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

swgiust
Home Owners Association
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby swgiust » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:24 am

I think we need to be careful. Expansion for the sake of expansion is never a good idea. How about we let the existing downtown businesses earn a living before we add more taxes and government sponsored competition. Sure an awesome riverfront would be cool, but not at the cost of the rest of downtown. You could spend a minimal amount of money on a building, just bathrooms and a couple of bays for concessions. Then just use the whole area for an outdoor events space.

Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby Omaha_corn_burner » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:55 am

tpaine wrote:I wish they would turn the Gene Leahy mall into something similar to the San Antonio Riverwalk with shops and restaurants surrounding it. This "riverwalk" would encourage companies and businesses to build around the park and right in the middle of downtown to be close to new and walkable entertainment options for their employees (hopefully at least replacing the red box building and library). The "riverwalk" could also connect to and continue around Heartland of America Park with additional restaurants, rowhouses and condos. This would also provide a grand entrance and connection to the new riverfront development, which would hopefully be complimentary and an attraction in itself. I realize these are pie-in-the-sky dreams but something needs to be dramatically done to attract businesses, tourism and development to downtown Omaha. Otherwise we will keep seeing businesses like ConAgra, HDR and others look elsewhere. We need big ideas that stand out and become the envy of other cities. Come on Warren, please help us out! :;):

Warren will never give this city any money. He indirectly gives us revenue by having his meeting here though.

So let me get this straight. You want to take a nice park with greenspace, bulldoze all the greenspace, and build buildings?

tpaine
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:19 am

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby tpaine » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:56 am

I don't believe I said "bulldoze all the greenspace." Keep some for sure. But I believe (in my totally uneducated non-developer opinion) there is room for both.

blueblood
Home Owners Association
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:13 am

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby blueblood » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:29 pm

MTO wrote:Food trucks where there should be a landmark facility is like putting a trailer park where there should be a museum.



Little late to the party here but you can do a lot with food trucks. I have been to this several times. There is a day version and there is a night version with bands and booze. Might be a temporary fix but don't sell a circle of food trucks short.

https://offthegrid.com/

User avatar
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: Midtown Crossings

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby Omaha_Gabe » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Late to the party as well but as iv'e stated before I think it would be great to create a "family" area. A small park, explora science center, great wolf lodge, move the childrens museum, and perhaps a rain forest cafe.

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7890
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby MTO » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:46 pm

blueblood wrote:
MTO wrote:Food trucks where there should be a landmark facility is like putting a trailer park where there should be a museum.



Little late to the party here but you can do a lot with food trucks. I have been to this several times. There is a day version and there is a night version with bands and booze. Might be a temporary fix but don't sell a circle of food trucks short.

https://offthegrid.com/


or Lolla-pa-foodza Festival..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_Truckin%27
15-17, 26, 32

User avatar
PotatoeEatsFish
Library Board
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby PotatoeEatsFish » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:59 pm

Omaha_Gabe wrote:Late to the party as well but as iv'e stated before I think it would be great to create a "family" area. A small park, explora science center, great wolf lodge, move the childrens museum, and perhaps a rain forest cafe.

I think quite the opposite, let's make a red light district. Brothels up and down the riverside with pot stores in between. If KC gets to be the "Paris of the Midwest" let's be the Amsterdam!
I got that Milf $

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Riverfront Development (Rick's & Storz area)

Postby bigredmed » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:56 am

PotatoeEatsFish wrote:
Omaha_Gabe wrote:Late to the party as well but as iv'e stated before I think it would be great to create a "family" area. A small park, explora science center, great wolf lodge, move the childrens museum, and perhaps a rain forest cafe.

I think quite the opposite, let's make a red light district. Brothels up and down the riverside with pot stores in between. If KC gets to be the "Paris of the Midwest" let's be the Amsterdam!


Go back in time to the burnt district. The land that the Qwest center is on now, used to have dozens of 1 room cabins that hookers used to ply their trade. From the bluffs where the gold coast homes were, the brakemen's lights made the area look like coals burning in a fireplace at night.


Return to “Urban Omaha Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests