Dundee Theater

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Dundee Theater

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Coyote wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:From the World Herald:
RH Land Management Co., which is affiliated with Susie Buffett’s Sherwood Foundation, closed last week on its purchase of the Dundee Theater and surrounding properties.
The price tag? About $4 million, according to Douglas County property records.
The sale included the Dundee Theater and adjacent property, including the buildings that house Duggers Cafe and the Voila Blooms in Dundee flower shop.

Dugger's Cafe will be closing after New Years.

Wouldn't shock me if they end up tearing that building down for more parking eventually.

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:33 pm

iamjacobm wrote:
Coyote wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:From the World Herald:
RH Land Management Co., which is affiliated with Susie Buffett’s Sherwood Foundation, closed last week on its purchase of the Dundee Theater and surrounding properties.
The price tag? About $4 million, according to Douglas County property records.
The sale included the Dundee Theater and adjacent property, including the buildings that house Duggers Cafe and the Voila Blooms in Dundee flower shop.

Dugger's Cafe will be closing after New Years.

Wouldn't shock me if they end up tearing that building down for more parking eventually.

My understanding, from a pretty reliable source, is the building will be demolished..for a parking lot for Dundee Theater..

It's too bad another local Omaha café, Dugger's, who has been solidly in business for years, will fall by the waste side. The owner of Dugger's is a 78 year old lady and I highly doubt she will relocate and reopen elsewhere...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

aaaron
New to the Neighborhood

Postby aaaron » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:09 pm

It sounds like a combination of the owner's son dying of cancer, and the loss of business during the theater renovation. I wonder if they explored selling?

http://www.omaha.com/go/dugger-s-cafe-next-to-dundee-theater-is-closing-on/article_9149b194-ea74-11e7-8ce9-fb34310544c7.html

The breakfast/lunch cafe at 4950 Dodge St. was owned and operated by Jeanette Dugger-Laitner and her son, Randy Dugger, along with his wife, Rhonda. Randy died from cancer in May, and his mother has run the restaurant since.

“The last six months have been really tough,” Dugger-Laitner said, noting that business dipped during construction on the nearby theater. “We thank you for the business we’ve had the last three years.”

There are no plans to open another restaurant in the Dugger family, Dugger-Laitner said.

Dugger's will be missed. We also really like having Dark Horse Salon in walking distance, so it would be sad for us if they have to move.

Return to “Urban Omaha Development”