The Wire Apartments (19th and Dodge)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

Re: The Wire Apartments (19th and Dodge)

Post by iamjacobm »

PrismA3D wrote:New Interior renders for The Wire.
Prism Architectural 3D recent projects - The Wire
Thanks for posting! Lots of great work there.
PrismA3D
New to the Neighborhood

Post by PrismA3D »

Coyote wrote:Thanks!!! I didn't realize "the Lofts" rendering was also a part of the Wire. Better project than I imagined.
Coyote, the community penthouse space really is pretty spectacular including a lounge, living room, kitchen, several outdoor spaces, the loft, the "library", and of course the pool.
iamjacobm wrote:Thanks for posting!  Lots of great work there.
Thanks iamjacobm!
PrismA3D
New to the Neighborhood

Post by PrismA3D »

New walkthrough animation of The Wire
The Wire penthouse community space
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Fancy!!
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

PrismA3D wrote:New walkthrough animation of The Wire
The Wire penthouse community space
That will be one incredible view from the deck! Thanks for posting!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140407/M ... ise-s-roof
When air-lifting 2,796-pound industrial fans over Omaha's main thoroughfare, one can't be too careful.

So before the St. Louis Helicopter service could fly six huge blowers and other mechanical equipment to the rooftop of the Wire apartment high-rise at 19th and Dodge Streets, NuStyle Development and its contractors had a list of safety items to check off.

They evacuated the top two floors of a neighboring building, watered down the area to lessen dust and made sure all movable materials were tied down.

They got the necessary permits, arranged for a street closure and set up a staging area across Dodge Street at a Central High School parking lot.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Wow, they actually did that with a modern looking helicopter!

When they lifted the HVAC stuff on to the roof of the Desert Dome, I the Helicopter looked like it actually started life flying missions in WWII or Vietnam...
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation

Post by ShawJ »

It sounds like they're going to move people in on the 12th floor first (end of May), then the 11th when it's finished, then 10th, and so on until it's all finished March 2015. 50 units have been pre-leased.
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

My sister has a place on the 11th floor.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

ShawJ wrote:It sounds like they're going to move people in on the 12th floor first (end of May), then the 11th when it's finished, then 10th, and so on until it's all finished March 2015. 50 units have been pre-leased.
Glad to see the strong support already, 50 pre-leases is a heck of a start.
schumatt
Home Owners Association

Post by schumatt »

I toured the property yesterday, and it really looks amazing. They're getting set for people to move in on the 12th floor starting next week, then 11th next month, and so on. As others have said, it sounds like leasing is going quite well. The shared community spaces are AMAZING, as are the views toward the east, north, and west. (South has a "view" of the red brick building across the alley. :( ) I also like how they've preserved some of the architecture/finishes of the building in the lobby. I'm looking at moving in a few months, and The Wire definitely set the bar high!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

They had signing up over their main entrance and it looks like it is really shaping up.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The logo (the Wire) is now prominently placed above the building entrance on 19th Street.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Damn the pool/roof area here is killer!

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Wow, that's really cool! Thanks for the photos!
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

My sister got a place here... I know where I'll be spending my summer.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Sexy.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Sorry these may have already been posted above but my browser at work doesn't let me view the pictures above.

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

This looks like a pretty awesome project.

Anyone have photos of the exterior from the street?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:This looks like a pretty awesome project.

The1Wags as me that the other day. I need to get down there soon. Hopefully I will get an aerial of it tomorrow too.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:This looks like a pretty awesome project.

The1Wags as me that the other day.  I need to get down there soon.  Hopefully I will get an aerial of it tomorrow too.
Brads getting back in the air!?!!? Looking forward to that.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:Brads getting back in the air!?!!? Looking forward to that.
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
schumatt
Home Owners Association

Post by schumatt »

I'll be moving into a unit on the 9th Floor in September... very excited! Here are a couple exterior shots I took from my cell phone.

East side, main lobby entrance (looking west toward the building across 19th St.)
[thumbnail]http://s13.postimg.org/jb5fr84sn/WP_20140529_003.jpg[/thumbnail]

North and west sides (looking southeast from 20th & Dodge)
[thumbnail]http://s17.postimg.org/o78kbzw3z/WP_20140609_011.jpg[/thumbnail]

The 12th floor has the tall windows and is the highest residential floor. The SkyDeck level is above that (not visible in these pics) and has the common areas, rooftop decks, and pool. Apartments will be on floors 3 - 12, with parking on level 2 (20th Street level, accessed from 20th St.), level 1 (19th St. level, accessed from Dodge St.), and a basement level if I remember correctly.
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation

Post by ShawJ »

Jealous of you, schumatt. You'll have to give us some more roof top views once you're moved in! :)
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

ShawJ wrote:Jealous of you, schumatt. You'll have to give us some more roof top views once you're moved in! :)
Yeah... What side will you be on?
schumatt
Home Owners Association

Post by schumatt »

Coyote wrote:
ShawJ wrote:Jealous of you, schumatt. You'll have to give us some more roof top views once you're moved in! :)
Yeah... What side will you be on?
Definitely! I'll be on the west side. The views from the 12th floor models (and the roof, of course) were amazing, so I'm hoping they'll be just as good a few floors down. The windows are basically wall-to-wall, too.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

It's a fantastic project, but I feel like there was a lot of room to make the exterior more attractive.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
schumatt
Home Owners Association

Post by schumatt »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:It's a fantastic project, but I feel like there was a lot of room to make the exterior more attractive.
Since it's on the National Register of Historic Places, there are restrictions on what can be done to the exterior.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Quick mention in the OWH today about this project having a 30 person wait list for the next floor.
SaveOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by SaveOmaha »

iamjacobm wrote:Quick mention in the OWH today about this project having a 30 person wait list for the next floor.
I believe it. Walked down 19th the other night and the upper floors were lit up. A garage on the ground level had several bikes stored.
Last edited by SaveOmaha on Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.dip-tech.com/Project_Gallery ... e_Wire_USA
The Wire is the first architectural project in the world to include glass windows digitally printed with Dip-Tech Extra Durable S1 Inks. Alley, Poyner, Macchietto Architecture sought a solution to replace the existing insulated metal panels with glass that would increase the flow of natural light without compromising the look of the original facade of the historic building. To simulate the no-gloss finish of the metal panels, printing the custom dot pattern directly onto the external side of the glass was the only solution. Using a mixture of the black and white Extra Durable S1 inks, Insulite successfully achieved the desired effect.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Requested $1 million in tax credits due to the Historic Tax Credit program.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Cool story in the OWH about a startup using the natural air flow in tall buildings as a way to generate energy.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

iamjacobm wrote:Cool story in the OWH about a startup using the natural air flow in tall buildings as a way to generate energy.

Yeah, I read that story too. I think that system could be designed to something of a visual centerpiece too, almost a type of art installation.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

I wish it said how much of the energy needs of the building it could generate. Maybe they don't know yet for sure.

Pretty cool though.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
schumatt
Home Owners Association

Post by schumatt »

It's not going to generate much. Here's a sticker they put on the windows looking into the column on each floor. Apparently they expect it to "help produce power for the common areas at The Wire."

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

It might not be much, but maybe GRNE can find a way to make this at a price point that is efficient enough to market toward architects and engineers in new buildings in the coming years. This seems like a great idea for the future of urban construction to use the air flow issues as a positive instead of trying to negate it.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

I also noticed the conspicuous absence of an energy production estimate, but I'm sure that's due to the experimental nature of the installation. I would expect that they'll be collecting a lot of data from this and perhaps making modifications as they learn more about the system. That's where the real value could be, not in a few kWh of electricity it could produce in a day..
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Sorry to bump this up for an article that is already a year old, but I came across this ranking that placed the Wire apartments as the highest rated apartment complex in the Omaha metro with an ORA (Online Reputation Assessment) score of 99. It was not only tops in the region but nationally among all of the 51-75 largest metros. Furthermore, Nustyle appears to be doing something right with 6 of their properties in the top 10 properties in Omaha. Lastly, Omaha's top 10 properties also scored 90 or better; only a couple other cities in that list is able to claim that.

The Top 51-75 MSAs and the Top ORA Properties in Each
At the Property Level

Among the 250 properties listed in this ranking, 81 (32%) scored an ORA of 90 or above.

The Wire, (Omaha, Neb.), managed by NuStyle Development, scored the highest ORA of 99 out of all properties included in this ranking.

About the ORA Power Rankings

Developed by J Turner Research, the ORA Power Rankings are a monthly, independent ranking of apartment properties and management companies based on their Online Reputation Assessment (ORA) scores. A property or management company is not required to be a J Turner Research client to qualify for this ranking, which is published by J Turner’s media partner Multifamily Executive. To learn more or to request your ORA score, visit www.jturnerresearch.com/about/what-is-ora-score.

Methodology

The ORA score is an aggregate compilation of a property’s ratings across 21 plus review sites and ILSs. Each month, J Turner Research monitors the online ratings of more than 120,000 properties nationwide. Using a statistical model, a single score based on a scale of 0 to 100 is assigned to each property. This score serves as a benchmark to compare a company’s individual properties and portfolios nationally, regionally, and against the competition.
Doctor Fate
Human Relations

Post by Doctor Fate »

ita wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:08 pm Sorry to bump this up for an article that is already a year old, but I came across this ranking that placed the Wire apartments as the highest rated apartment complex in the Omaha metro with an ORA (Online Reputation Assessment) score of 99. It was not only tops in the region but nationally among all of the 51-75 largest metros. Furthermore, Nustyle appears to be doing something right with 6 of their properties in the top 10 properties in Omaha. Lastly, Omaha's top 10 properties also scored 90 or better; only a couple other cities in that list is able to claim that.

The Top 51-75 MSAs and the Top ORA Properties in Each
At the Property Level

Among the 250 properties listed in this ranking, 81 (32%) scored an ORA of 90 or above.

The Wire, (Omaha, Neb.), managed by NuStyle Development, scored the highest ORA of 99 out of all properties included in this ranking.

About the ORA Power Rankings

Developed by J Turner Research, the ORA Power Rankings are a monthly, independent ranking of apartment properties and management companies based on their Online Reputation Assessment (ORA) scores. A property or management company is not required to be a J Turner Research client to qualify for this ranking, which is published by J Turner’s media partner Multifamily Executive. To learn more or to request your ORA score, visit www.jturnerresearch.com/about/what-is-ora-score.

Methodology

The ORA score is an aggregate compilation of a property’s ratings across 21 plus review sites and ILSs. Each month, J Turner Research monitors the online ratings of more than 120,000 properties nationwide. Using a statistical model, a single score based on a scale of 0 to 100 is assigned to each property. This score serves as a benchmark to compare a company’s individual properties and portfolios nationally, regionally, and against the competition.
Nice find! I live in an apartment building in downtown Salt Lake City called 4th West and they are owned by Greystar, which is mentioned in the article right alongside NuStyle. There a couple Utah Jazz players that live here and it seems comparable to The Wire.