Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28472
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Brad » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:43 pm

I think the station looks way bigger without the deck.

From earlier today:
1.
Image

2.
Image

3.
Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20622
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Coyote » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:50 pm

Brad wrote:I think the station looks way bigger without the deck.

Cool shots! I have to agree. Once they wash that face and get new windows, this building will be a very iconic shot of Omaha. Still like the other advantage shot you've had before...
I have to wonder though, in that vast rock desert, is there any chance of landscaping? Greenery?
Image

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28472
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Brad » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:55 pm

Coyote wrote:Cool shots! I have to agree. Once they wash that face and get new windows, this building will be a very iconic shot of Omaha. Still like the other advantage shot you've had before...


Yeah, this was a quick couple snaps on my way in to the gallery. I will probably catch the east sides tomorrow morning on my way in to the galley again... Unfortunately, according to the Sun Calculator, this north side won't get morning light until March.

Coyote wrote:I have to wonder though, in that vast rock desert, is there any chance of landscaping? Greenery?

Doubt it, its still a working "rail yard" Maintenance of way works use those two tracks down the middle quite often. UP uses it for specials a couple times a year. Also Valmont has used some of the tracks in the past year and the circus uses it annually. The Durham uses it as overflow parking for big events too.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8856
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby iamjacobm » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:13 pm

http://restoreomaha.org/programming/

Friday, February 28, 2014
Restore Omaha Opening Reception and Tour
7-10 p.m.
The Durham Museum
801 S 10th St, Omaha, NE

Come meet the Restore Omaha Conference sponsors, volunteers, speakers and special guests while enjoying food and drinks inside The Durham and ongoing tours of KETV’s restoration of their new home at The Burlington Station. Dress is casual and wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes for the tour. A shuttle will take attendees to and from The Burlington Station. Parking is available at The Durham Museum. Cost is $25. Member Price is $20.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28472
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Brad » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:52 am

iamjacobm wrote:Come meet the Restore Omaha Conference sponsors, volunteers, speakers and special guests while enjoying food and drinks inside The Durham and ongoing tours of KETV’s restoration of their new home at The Burlington Station. Dress is casual and wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes for the tour. A shuttle will take attendees to and from The Burlington Station. Parking is available at The Durham Museum. Cost is $25. Member Price is $20.



I wonder if they are going to allow cameras in or check cameras and phones at the door.

I have worked so many different angles to try to get in here to take some photos and nothing has worked out.... By far the hardest place I have ever tried to get in to. I just wish I had a better camera when we toured it back in 2008.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby GetUrban » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Looks like they changed their mind since last Friday about public tours of the Burlington until 2015....

From their website link above....

"Come meet the Restore Omaha Conference sponsors, volunteers, speakers and special guests while enjoying food and drinks inside the Durham Museum. At 8 p.m. attendees will see a 15 minute presentation in the Durham’s auditorium showing a behind-the-scenes look at the restoration of the Burlington Station. Unfortunately, for the safety of our guests, we will not be able to offer tours of the Burlington station Feb. 28 BUT, closer to the completion of the Burlington in 2015, KETV has offered all Restore Omaha Friday night attendees a special “Sneak Peek” tour of the building before it opens to the public. Cost for the Friday night reception is $25. Member Price is $20."
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8856
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:29 pm

GetUrban wrote:Looks like they changed their mind since last Friday about public tours of the Burlington until 2015....

From their website link above....

"Come meet the Restore Omaha Conference sponsors, volunteers, speakers and special guests while enjoying food and drinks inside the Durham Museum. At 8 p.m. attendees will see a 15 minute presentation in the Durham’s auditorium showing a behind-the-scenes look at the restoration of the Burlington Station. Unfortunately, for the safety of our guests, we will not be able to offer tours of the Burlington station Feb. 28 BUT, closer to the completion of the Burlington in 2015, KETV has offered all Restore Omaha Friday night attendees a special “Sneak Peek” tour of the building before it opens to the public. Cost for the Friday night reception is $25. Member Price is $20."


Bummer.

PrismA3D
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 am

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby PrismA3D » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 pm

Here is a link to some photos of the Burlington interior taken in 2002 and 2005 along with some Historic photos of the interior for comparison. I have also included a couple of conceptual renderings showing some potential, not to be confused with any current designs.Blog on PrismA3d.com

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28472
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Brad » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Cool! Thanks for sharing!

Eomaha got a tour back in 2008, it was awesome to get in there!
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Seth
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1439
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 pm
Location: Ford Birthsite Neighborhood

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Seth » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:24 pm

PrismA3D wrote:Here is a link to some photos of the Burlington interior taken in 2002 and 2005 along with some Historic photos of the interior for comparison. I have also included a couple of conceptual renderings showing some potential, not to be confused with any current designs.Blog on PrismA3d.com


Thanks for the photos!

I love the tilework and light fixtures in the original lower floor photo.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28472
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Brad » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Last Saturday another Really Late Amtrak #6 rolls past the Burlington Station.

Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20622
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Coyote » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:44 pm

Brad wrote:Last Saturday another Really Late Amtrak #6 rolls past the Burlington Station.

Image


One of my favorite shots of yours Brad! Love it. It looks like a trophy postcard shot!
Image

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28472
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Brad » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Thanks Coyote!
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7876
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby MTO » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Get a room.
15-17, 26, 32

ShawJ
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1531
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:58 pm
Location: Elmwood/Aksarben

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby ShawJ » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Coyote wrote:
Brad wrote:Last Saturday another Really Late Amtrak #6 rolls past the Burlington Station.

Image


One of my favorite shots of yours Brad! Love it. It looks like a trophy postcard shot!


Probably one of the only shots you'll see of the Burlington with a porta potty on the roof. :;):

Just kidding, great shot!

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28472
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Brad » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:49 pm

Not sure what they are going to do with this area on the west end...

Photo Update:
1.
Image

2.
Image

3.
Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7876
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby MTO » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Well from the artist rendering there will be an entrance there with little blue umbrellas.
15-17, 26, 32

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5200
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby skinzfan23 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:26 pm


User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28472
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Brad » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:56 am

Cool! Thanks for posting that!

Glad to see they are opening up the middle again! This is soooo much better than the Condo plan!
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1777
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Garrett » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:18 am

I wonder what's going to be on the main floor, since they say the studio will be on the track level...
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2360
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby jessep28 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:48 am

Garrett wrote:I wonder what's going to be on the main floor, since they say the studio will be on the track level...


This clip has more detail. A lot of the footage is rehashed from prior stories, but it explains that the main level will be used for office space, creative services, etc.

http://www.ketv.com/news/crews-making-p ... n/24740420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28472
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Brad » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:24 am

And a large community room.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20622
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re:

Postby Coyote » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:50 pm

Brad wrote:I agree with a lot of people that think it would make sense to be a intermodal passenger station.  Last night they said on the news the the current greyhound station was purchased by the county and would be made in to yet another parking lot.  Trailways (I think that is what its called) has said they want to join forces with Amtrak in Omaha.  If they can get with Metro, things could be go.


Omaha's bus depot could be moving to new location

Amtrak confirmed it’s in talks with Burlington Trailways to relocate its depot there, so the rails can connect with the open road.
Image

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5200
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:07 am

Maybe they can tear down the old Greyhound building on 16th and Jackson and redevelop that property. That building has been an eyesore for a long time. The only thing hurting the chances of development is having the Douglas County Corrections just to the southwest.

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby daveoma » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:15 am

► Show Spoiler
skinzfan23 wrote:Maybe they can tear down the old Greyhound building on 16th and Jackson and redevelop that property. That building has been an eyesore for a long time. The only thing hurting the chances of development is having the Douglas County Corrections just to the southwest.

I think it would be a great place for a dog park.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28472
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby Brad » Thu May 19, 2016 10:52 pm

Also a nice sunset above the Burlington Station tonight as well!

1.
Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
choke
Human Relations
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Burlington Station redevelopment by KETV

Postby choke » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:36 am

Douglas County Historical Society at Fort Omaha MCC presents:

Second Sunday Series: History of Burlington Station: March 12 @ 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm

KETV general manager will be giving the presentation.

http://www.douglascohistory.org/event/march-second-sunday/


Return to “Urban Omaha Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest