Seventy Five North (former Pleasantview Homes projects)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Re: Seventy Five North (former Pleasantview Homes projects)

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Slbg91 wrote:
Joe_Sovereign wrote:I hope this never gets built.

The last thing any low income family needs is to move into a pack of 200 low income units in a high crime neighborhood with terrible schools. Good luck for any kid who is going to grow up in this shiny and new sh*thole. Any low income housing should be single individual homes in other parts of the city and state. Areas that have better schools and better employment opportunities.

This area should be a gated community with as high of end condos as they can sell. If you want to help the neighborhood subsidies getting young professionals or empty nesters to move in. Get anyone you can into the neighborhood that is going to pay their taxes, spend a lot of money in the neighborhood and not commit crimes.
Yikes! When you look at the negative comments from back in 2014 on this thread, you would think that the only way to revitalize a poor neighborhood is to just fill it in with 'better people' and forget those that are displaced. The CEO of this project taught my business law class at MCC and I also know his wife who teaches there as well. They used to live in Atlanta and moved back here because this is his hometown. He is bringing ideas that worked in other cities to this concept that is new to Omaha. No, this is not a housing project, it is a community revitalization project.
We moved to Bemis Park 11 years ago from Tampa because this is my home state. A person's perspective of what constitutes a nice neighborhood is relative. We rented a house in Tampa that had a boat dock in the backyard on the Hillsborough River. This was considered a nice neighborhood yet only 4 blocks away, hookers stood on Nebraska Ave. at night. Comparitavily, Bemis Park was a cakewalk compared to where we came from!
We bought a house at the same time Mutual of Omaha was creating Midtown Crossing because we saw the potential. In 11 years our house is worth 3 times what we paid for it with just simple remodeling. In our area, the 'hood' starts north of Hamilton and as more people from bigger cities move into our neighborhood, the older homeowners are seeing the benefits of the new life being brought in. It's not so much gentrification as it is revitalization of the neighborhood. 75 North is just a few blocks from us and with the city holding slumlords responsible by condemning properties and new affordable houses being built, there is a sense of pride in the neighborhood that wasn't there 11 years ago.
Bemis Park was a flashpoint of racial tension in the 60's. The integration of Bemis Park played a large part in the westward expansion of the city. "A Time for Burning", is a documentary that centered around Bemis Park and the beginnings of Ernie Chambers career. It is available at the library and puts a perspective of how North Omaha needs revitalization in the first place.

I would consider living in a nice home in Tampa with my own boat dock on the Hillsborough River a DREAM COME TRUE. I would consider having to live in the Bemis Park area a NIGHTMARE.

P.S- Hamilton does not start becoming safe until you get West of 50th & Hamilton. All you got to do is go East of 50th & Hamilton a block or so and it gets gnarly as all get out.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Slbg91 wrote:
Joe_Sovereign wrote:I hope this never gets built.

The last thing any low income family needs is to move into a pack of 200 low income units in a high crime neighborhood with terrible schools. Good luck for any kid who is going to grow up in this shiny and new sh*thole. Any low income housing should be single individual homes in other parts of the city and state. Areas that have better schools and better employment opportunities.

This area should be a gated community with as high of end condos as they can sell. If you want to help the neighborhood subsidies getting young professionals or empty nesters to move in. Get anyone you can into the neighborhood that is going to pay their taxes, spend a lot of money in the neighborhood and not commit crimes.
Yikes! When you look at the negative comments from back in 2014 on this thread, you would think that the only way to revitalize a poor neighborhood is to just fill it in with 'better people' and forget those that are displaced. The CEO of this project taught my business law class at MCC and I also know his wife who teaches there as well. They used to live in Atlanta and moved back here because this is his hometown. He is bringing ideas that worked in other cities to this concept that is new to Omaha. No, this is not a housing project, it is a community revitalization project.
We moved to Bemis Park 11 years ago from Tampa because this is my home state. A person's perspective of what constitutes a nice neighborhood is relative. We rented a house in Tampa that had a boat dock in the backyard on the Hillsborough River. This was considered a nice neighborhood yet only 4 blocks away, hookers stood on Nebraska Ave. at night. Comparitavily, Bemis Park was a cakewalk compared to where we came from!
We bought a house at the same time Mutual of Omaha was creating Midtown Crossing because we saw the potential. In 11 years our house is worth 3 times what we paid for it with just simple remodeling. In our area, the 'hood' starts north of Hamilton and as more people from bigger cities move into our neighborhood, the older homeowners are seeing the benefits of the new life being brought in. It's not so much gentrification as it is revitalization of the neighborhood. 75 North is just a few blocks from us and with the city holding slumlords responsible by condemning properties and new affordable houses being built, there is a sense of pride in the neighborhood that wasn't there 11 years ago.
Bemis Park was a flashpoint of racial tension in the 60's. The integration of Bemis Park played a large part in the westward expansion of the city. "A Time for Burning", is a documentary that centered around Bemis Park and the beginnings of Ernie Chambers career. It is available at the library and puts a perspective of how North Omaha needs revitalization in the first place.
My point back in 2014 and today is it is better for the PEOPLE in the poor neighborhood to get out to an area with better infrastructure for success (Jobs, Schools, etc.) then to be a pawn in a bunch of Do-Gooders Social Experiment. This project will make zero impact in the long term health of North Omaha.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Joe_Sovereign wrote:This is such liberal fake compassion bullsh*t.

If Warren Buffett actually gave a f*ck about the people of North Omaha he would have a couple of the companies he owns move manufacturing plants back from China to North Omaha. Then he would train people in North Omaha for the jobs including training and hiring people with criminal records that are currently locking then out of the work force.
This seems just as relevant today.
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

Thirding the educated responses in this thread. I live near Bemis Park and love the little pocket of town it takes up. I wish it had a little more of a commercial presence, but the houses are designed well and the two parks are nice. Having the salvation army so near freaked me out a little at first, but really everything between 33rd and 40th and south of Hamilton is fine.

If Seventy Five north succeeds as I hope then it will be very easy to connect Bemis Park - 75 North - 24th and Lake - Metro Fort Omaha campus as nodal destinations that are good places to live.
justnick
Human Relations

Post by justnick »

the progress on this project is amazing! someone needs to go take photos. some of the buildings have to be near completion.

i'm wondering if anyone knows why they've apparently built a gigantic greenhouse?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

justnick wrote:the progress on this project is amazing! someone needs to go take photos. some of the buildings have to be near completion.

i'm wondering if anyone knows why they've apparently built a gigantic greenhouse?
Local healthy food is a part of the community building portion of the development. I believe they are starting a code camp and a small business incubator as well.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Judging from the renderings on the website, this could pass for the "European Village" that keeps getting joked about - it looks like something you might find built in Germany or Scandinavia. I think they're a little optimistic on people being open to the location though.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

I was looking at some property in that area around I-75 and Hamilton through Lake. It really is some great real estate given that it is very cheap property, direct highway access and 5 minutes away from Downtown and Midtown. It really is right in the thick of it. 75 North appears to be buying up many properties in the area that aren't part of this particular project, so I predict that the plan is much bigger in scope than what it is now.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

iamjacobm wrote:
justnick wrote:the progress on this project is amazing! someone needs to go take photos. some of the buildings have to be near completion.

Local healthy food is a part of the community building portion of the development. I believe they are starting a code camp and a small business incubator as well.
Nice! Those will be a really good addition to the neighborhood :D
Dundeemaha
Human Relations

Post by Dundeemaha »

According to their Facebook the Highlander apartments section of the development is 98% leased

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1 ... ent_filter
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

This is really starting to look amazing. The OWH Article makes it all sound pretty hopeful

http://www.omaha.com/money/north-omaha- ... 10517.html
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

More affordable housing from the Highlander-Seventy Five North Redevelopment Plan:
Scheduled for demolition
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (171.47 KiB) Viewed 6865 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (172.15 KiB) Viewed 6865 times
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Also from the Big Mamma's Article:

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/big-mam ... a8f83.html
Erin Grace, World Herald wrote:Big Mama’s will join two as-yet-unnamed restaurants and a bar in a food court-like setup inside a building that includes a Metropolitan Community College satellite campus and a Creighton University health and wellness education center.

There’s a patio outside. A reception hall is being finished, and a swimming pool, playground and small park are coming.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Urban Land Institute put out a short article about the project.

https://urbanland.uli.org/development-b ... -projects/
Seventy Five North considers education the backbone. It worked with Omaha Public Schools to bring new staff, a new principal, longer schooldays, and a longer school year to the local elementary school. In an effort to reverse a negative self-image that has pervaded in the neighborhood, the organization emphasizes using education to build self-confidence to preserve children’s ambitions, Meadows said.

Seventy Five North also developed the Accelerator, a 65,000-square-foot (6,000 sq m) community event space to help fulfill the organization’s health and wellness aims. The three-story building opened this year and functions like a town center. Among other users, it houses Creighton University and community college programs, as well as a locally owned coffeehouse. Three small restaurants are expected to open next year in a miniature food hall setting.

Seventy Five North also developed the Accelerator, a 65,000-square-foot (6,000 sq m) community event space to help fulfill the organization’s health and wellness aims. The three-story building opened this year and functions like a town center.

To achieve its housing goals, Seventy Five North has built 101 townhouses and apartments, including 17 multi-generational units that feature two bedrooms and separate studio quarters. Sixty-two units in this first phase of development are affordable and 39 are market rate. Leasing interest has been strong, and Meadows acknowledged that the extra cost his organization paid for high-quality construction, designs, and finishes has helped fuel demand.

“People were really hungry for high-quality housing in this part of town,” he said. “We wanted to make sure that people who live in this neighborhood or who decide to come to this neighborhood don’t feel like they’re sacrificing or compromising anything.”
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

Recap of what has been done here so far they will soon be starting phase 3 I believe.
Highlander Project AKA 75 North 3003 Patrick Ave.

74 units, The Heights at Highlander 1&2 bedrooms East side of 30Th Street (opened 05-16-2017) The Highlander consists of 16 separate structures on 25 acres straddling 30th Street.

The Rise at Highlander 1,2 & 3 Bedrooms on the West side of 30th Street
The Rise has gym, yoga room, business center & leasing office on the 1st floor.

27 Units, Founders Row East & West 2x1.5 2-story townhomes & 3x2 2-story townhomes
All above were 100% full by April 2018

Next up is Phase 3
60 Units, Nobility Point Senior Housing
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

U R my Helix wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:58 am Recap of what has been done here so far they will soon be starting phase 3 I believe.
Highlander Project AKA 75 North 3003 Patrick Ave.

74 units, The Heights at Highlander 1&2 bedrooms East side of 30Th Street (opened 05-16-2017) The Highlander consists of 16 separate structures on 25 acres straddling 30th Street.

The Rise at Highlander 1,2 & 3 Bedrooms on the West side of 30th Street
The Rise has gym, yoga room, business center & leasing office on the 1st floor.

27 Units, Founders Row East & West 2x1.5 2-story townhomes & 3x2 2-story townhomes
All above were 100% full by April 2018

Next up is Phase 3
60 Units, Nobility Point Senior Housing
Any idea what is to come on the east side of their property on 28th and 29th street? I believe that had tentatively been planned as an expansion of the street grid and single family housing, but curious if their plans have changed due to high demand.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

I drove by this development last night. It is really impressive! I really hope this spurs additional development to the 30th street corridor and spills over to the east side of Highway 75. I would like to see development and redevelopment of the areas between this and 24th Street, making it a contiguous revitalization of this portion of North O.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The Nobility Point development received funding so should get moving soon. 60 total units, 48 income restricted and 12 market rate.
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

Seventy Five North has posted the plans of a new grant application on their website.

http://www.seventyfivenorth.org/news/20 ... DFCGhkNbYs
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Taco wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:06 pm Seventy Five North has posted the plans of a new grant application on their website.

Thanks for posting this! This project area is very exciting. This is the first time I've heard about the Spencer Homes revitalization. I like that there will two 'hubs' in North O for revitalization, three if you include MCC. The plan is all encompassing, introducing new housing options to the area, connecting the two projects with some infrastructure improvements, and opening new business opportunities.

The submission indicates that there is a mix of housing, including new single family homes in addition to several multi-family variations. I am interested to see the mix of people who end up in these units.

By the way, is there a key somewhere for that map? What are the yellow highlighted areas, labeled 6?
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

ita wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:28 am
Taco wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:06 pm Seventy Five North has posted the plans of a new grant application on their website.

Thanks for posting this! This project area is very exciting. This is the first time I've heard about the Spencer Homes revitalization. I like that there will two 'hubs' in North O for revitalization, three if you include MCC. The plan is all encompassing, introducing new housing options to the area, connecting the two projects with some infrastructure improvements, and opening new business opportunities.

The submission indicates that there is a mix of housing, including new single family homes in addition to several multi-family variations. I am interested to see the mix of people who end up in these units.

By the way, is there a key somewhere for that map? What are the yellow highlighted areas, labeled 6?
I agree it's an exciting project! I haven't been able to find anything further than that article, but I think the map comes directly from their grant application and had the legend cut out. Another node being improved/previously improved is at 24th and lake. It will be interesting to see how much collateral growth there is between these nodes, especially commercial space.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

https://www.omaha.com/news/metro/north- ... 532f1.html
Omaha is a finalist for up to $30 million in federal grant funding, which would be used to tear down the Spencer Homes public housing apartments, erect mixed-income housing in their place, increase support services and otherwise improve challenged neighborhoods along 30th Street in north Omaha.

The money would help build more than 400 apartments, town houses and houses, according to the city’s grant application. It would boost the completion of the new Highlander mixed-use development. It would help connect the new developments and existing neighborhoods with such places as Howard Kennedy Elementary School, the Omaha Early Learning Center at Kennedy, the Charles Drew Health Center and the Highlander Accelerator Building, a commercial and community center.

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Here is the application, large document. https://planninghcd.cityofomaha.org/ima ... llable.pdf

Mostly normal dense government application stuff, images from page 263-282.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

iamjacobm wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:33 am Here is the application, large document. https://planninghcd.cityofomaha.org/ima ... llable.pdf

Mostly normal dense government application stuff, images from page 263-282.
Thanks for posting the application. I love the fact that they are planning muti-room units, which I assume are geared towards families. This is a really neat project for Omaha and I hope this project is awarded the federal grant. It will continue the transformation of the north 30th street corridor and offer better quality of life for its residents.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Also, based on the application and OWH article, the 100 single family homes that would be built on single family lots is not included in the total living units accounted for the in the application. That is very exciting for up to 500 new living units being built in North O. Coupled with 30 Metro apartment complex, that will total over 600.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

https://www.omaha.com/news/metro/omaha- ... e8d59.html
Omaha has won a multimillion dollar federal grant to help demolish the Spencer Homes public housing apartments and redevelop the north Omaha site and its surrounding neighborhoods, The World-Herald has learned.

Federal and city officials are expected to announce the grant Monday in a press conference. Officials declined to comment or could not be reached for comment Friday. But The World-Herald confirmed through multiple sources that the city had won the grant.

The exact amount of the grant could not be determined Friday. But the City of Omaha and the Omaha Housing Authority had applied for up to $30 million.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

iamjacobm wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:25 am https://www.omaha.com/news/metro/omaha- ... e8d59.html
Omaha has won a multimillion dollar federal grant to help demolish the Spencer Homes public housing apartments and redevelop the north Omaha site and its surrounding neighborhoods, The World-Herald has learned.

Federal and city officials are expected to announce the grant Monday in a press conference. Officials declined to comment or could not be reached for comment Friday. But The World-Herald confirmed through multiple sources that the city had won the grant.

The exact amount of the grant could not be determined Friday. But the City of Omaha and the Omaha Housing Authority had applied for up to $30 million.
Thanks for posting this update. I am glad it's confirmed. Another step forward I think in revitalizing the North 30th Street corridor.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Here is an official release from HUD summarizing each of the three projects that were awarded federal grants under the HUD Choice Neighborhood fund. This is specifically for the Spencer Homes project, but will further catapult the re-visioning of the 30th Street corridor as further funding for the Spencer Homes project and other improvements in the area were contingent on this grant. Anyway, it is a great publication and a fantastic project for North O.

https://www.hud.gov/sites/dfiles/Main/d ... maries.pdf
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Ben Carson from HUD is in town. He visited the Highlander and praised it from its concept and future progress in the area. His take on opportunity zones benefiting the rich: the rich are going to get richer regardless, might as well incentivize the rich to invest in areas they may help distressed neighborhoods. I am not totally sold on that concept, particularly for the opportunity zones in urban Omaha, but I am glad that the Highlander and the work in North Omaha along the 30th Street corridor is getting recognition.

https://www.omaha.com/money/development ... a40b4.html
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

TIF request for Nobility Point. A 60 unit senior affordable apartment building in this master development. $200k request.

https://cityclerk.cityofomaha.org/image ... 19-750.pdf
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Three new restaurants coming to Highlander neighborhood
Highlander neighborhoods' Dining Room is opening a bar and grill, a Mexican-restaurant and a North Omaha staple.

Big Mama's opens next Tuesday, Jan 7th.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

[youtube]
[/youtube]
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

[youtube][/youtube]
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Found this fly by video on Facebook, it looks current:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 2748828336

I really like this development and hope Spencer homes project gets the funding to move forward. Between these two and investment in 24th north, North O can see a small renaissance with the right energy and focus.
ProgKingHughesker
Home Owners Association

Post by ProgKingHughesker »

I genuinely hope that they find a way to revitalize this area of town without gentrification setting in. I'm a Regency kid but due to circumstances I lived in North O for a few months in early 2015 and developed a real fondness for the area, my wish is that more of the city would discover what this area has to offer without turning it into Blackstone 2.0
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

ProgKingHughesker wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:36 pm I genuinely hope that they find a way to revitalize this area of town without gentrification setting in. I'm a Regency kid but due to circumstances I lived in North O for a few months in early 2015 and developed a real fondness for the area, my wish is that more of the city would discover what this area has to offer without turning it into Blackstone 2.0
I spent plenty of time in this area growing up and I absolutely do not want to see it gentrificated. It looks like Its already well on its way there with this project. Not entirely sure we or those who lived in the projects that were there are really better off. I think very few who already lived near this developnent actually wanted it. Just another way to take advantage of historically disadvantaged areas to make money on a cheap investment under the cloak of "community betterment". Sure it looks good but they're more likely driving out the very people they claim to want to assist. I never have liked this project.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Busguy2010 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:14 am
ProgKingHughesker wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:36 pm I genuinely hope that they find a way to revitalize this area of town without gentrification setting in. I'm a Regency kid but due to circumstances I lived in North O for a few months in early 2015 and developed a real fondness for the area, my wish is that more of the city would discover what this area has to offer without turning it into Blackstone 2.0
I spent plenty of time in this area growing up and I absolutely do not want to see it gentrificated. It looks like Its already well on its way there with this project. Not entirely sure we or those who lived in the projects that were there are really better off. I think very few who already lived near this developnent actually wanted it. Just another way to take advantage of historically disadvantaged areas to make money on a cheap investment under the cloak of "community betterment". Sure it looks good but they're more likely driving out the very people they claim to want to assist. I never have liked this project.
I don't have personal experience with living in North O or this project, but my understanding is that this project wasn't just about housing; they provide programming and space that the community did not have easy access to previously. As to the housing component, weren't the existing apartments torn down many years prior to the inception of this project, like, they were not torn down because of the Highlander? As such, they are not really displacing people, unless housing surrounding the development has gone up exponentially. I have looked at properties around here and it doesn't seem to have had that affect on housing prices (unscientific, but zillow estimates have not gone up faster than what the Omaha area has). Spencer Homes project is handling the displacing of people living there by allowing them first dibs in the potentially new apartments and providing them units elsewhere while construction is underway.

Lastly, the housing component is unlike any of the new apartment buildings in the historic neighborhoods like Blackstone and Dundee, namely, it is mixed market rate and subsidized housing (please correct me if I am wrong, but I am 90% sure new apartments in those neighborhoods have been 100% market rate). Based on an older article, 40% is held at market rate, the rest are subsidized. As to the price, the highest market rate unit is $1250, per an older article ( I couldn't find anything online concerning price). They have 1-3 bedrooms. I assume the $1250 would be a 3 bedroom, which if it is still in that price range, is a good price for a new 3 bedroom apartment at market rate.

That's just my brief review of the project using the internet. How it has actually been implemented and how actual people and surrounding neighborhoods have been affected, that I do not have personal knowledge of. I would like to think it has had an overall positive effect. If anyone has personal experience or knowledge about that, please comment!
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

Im kind of just upset off cause I was eyeballing the area's plentiful vacant lots for my future house (which would have been built economically and fit the character of the area), and then one day, ONE entity came in and bought them ALL.

I don't have a 100% insight to the area, but I have some past experience there. Not saying this project displaced the projects that were there, as obviously the projects have been gone for many years. I'm just not a fan of one project sweeping up a fairly large area of dilapidated land and doing what they are. I'm definitely not saying there are ill intentions either. It is what it is. I dont think we can really gauge the affect yet. I bet it will take 5 to 10 years for existing properties to get fixed up (or more likely torn down).
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Busguy2010 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:16 am Im kind of just upset off cause I was eyeballing the area's plentiful vacant lots for my future house (which would have been built economically and fit the character of the area), and then one day, ONE entity came in and bought them ALL.

I don't have a 100% insight to the area, but I have some past experience there. Not saying this project displaced the projects that were there, as obviously the projects have been gone for many years. I'm just not a fan of one project sweeping up a fairly large area of dilapidated land and doing what they are. I'm definitely not saying there are ill intentions either. It is what it is. I dont think we can really gauge the affect yet. I bet it will take 5 to 10 years for existing properties to get fixed up (or more likely torn down).
Thanks for your insight. Do you remember what lot or area it was? What entity was it that bought up the lot you were looking at?
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

ita wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:31 am Thanks for your insight. Do you remember what lot or area it was? What entity was it that bought up the lot you were looking at?
I was looking at the area North and East of 30th & Hamilton. Lots of empty and for sale lots for $5,000 a piece. I was just starting to consider the idea of buying a lot and building a house on it. Seemed like that area would have been great for my situation, but pretty much all the available lots in that quadrant were bought up by "Seventy Five North" in one sweep. Not sure exactly what their plans for those lots are, but some of them are a good half mile away from the main project that we are currently speaking of. So yes, you have the main project that is north of Parker, but they own a lot of the entire area from Hamilton to Lake.