Civic Square (former Civic Auditorium)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

choke
Human Relations
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby choke » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:38 pm

iamjacobm wrote:Still not a lot of details to be found, but it sounds like the library is the plan along with residential, office and retail including a grocery store.


Not bad for where the city is at. At least it wasn't just more apartments and hotel. Plus it frees up the primo downtown library spot for development. What kind of grocery store? Mom and Pop's grocery or a major player in the business????

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby MadMartin8 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Well, it's better than an unused Arena or parking lot sitting there.
No posts exist for this topic

Chungus
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby Chungus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Kind of underwhelming... looks like it belongs on a college campus, not an urban core. Does the greenspace open onto the overpass? :?:

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2118
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm guessing the design and layout will change substantially as the project moves along as they alluded to in the article.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1902
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby GetUrban » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Well, it's certainly not maxing-out the full potential for the four-block site, density-wise, but the building designs look pretty good.

I'm still not convinced there's really a need to move the library, unless you show me some really substantial replacement going into the old site.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

Chungus
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby Chungus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:51 pm

I'm sure the building designs will change quite a bit, but I would guess that the overall site layout would stay about the same.

choke
Human Relations
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby choke » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:03 pm

GetUrban wrote:Well, it's certainly not maxing-out the full potential for the four-block site, density-wise, but the building designs look pretty good.

I'm still not convinced there's really a need to move the library, unless you show me some really substantial replacement going into the old site.


The current library is a homeless shelter. Our downtown library should be more like DoSpace, IMO. And moving it closer to schools, Creighton and Central, is not a terrible idea. Someone will nab the empty space (Kiewit) at the head of the mall, no doubt.

User avatar
GetUrban
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1902
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby GetUrban » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:10 pm

choke wrote:
GetUrban wrote:Well, it's certainly not maxing-out the full potential for the four-block site, density-wise, but the building designs look pretty good.

I'm still not convinced there's really a need to move the library, unless you show me some really substantial replacement going into the old site.


The current library is a homeless shelter. Our downtown library should be more like DoSpace, IMO. And moving it closer to schools, Creighton and Central, is not a terrible idea. Someone will nab the empty space (Kiewit) at the head of the mall, no doubt.


I think the homeless will find the new library too. That's really more of a question of what can be done to help solve the homeless problem, more than where they'll go. There's nothing so unique about DoSpace that could not be retrofitted into the old library. It seems like Omaha just keeps moving things around rather than adding to what we already have, and somehow ending up with less variety of things going on downtown in the process. Central and Creighton each already have libraries focused toward their own curriculum, although it would be a good alternate place for students to go study, I agree.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

choke
Human Relations
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby choke » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:34 pm

GetUrban wrote:
choke wrote:
GetUrban wrote:Well, it's certainly not maxing-out the full potential for the four-block site, density-wise, but the building designs look pretty good.

I'm still not convinced there's really a need to move the library, unless you show me some really substantial replacement going into the old site.


The current library is a homeless shelter. Our downtown library should be more like DoSpace, IMO. And moving it closer to schools, Creighton and Central, is not a terrible idea. Someone will nab the empty space (Kiewit) at the head of the mall, no doubt.


I think the homeless will find the new library too. That's really more of a question of what can be done to help solve the homeless problem, more than where they'll go. There's nothing so unique about DoSpace that could not be retrofitted into the old library. It seems like Omaha just keeps moving things around rather than adding to what we already have, and somehow ending up with less variety of things going on downtown in the process. Central and Creighton each already have libraries focused toward their own curriculum, although it would be a good alternate place for students to go study, I agree.


Unfortunately, what would solve the homeless problem is if us way too nice Midwesterners would quit enabling them. It also wouldn't hurt if other states like Wisconsin wouldn't direct there homeless to come here (and yes, that is happening). There's a point when trying to modify the past to fit the future, e.g.,Rosenblatt and Civic Auditorium, is beyond fruitful. I see nothing wrong with a new library; it's due. Plus, the library can be in a more dense setting where you might attract a little more traffic. It is currently on an island; no way to build around it. This is Omaha, not Seatlle; we are going to shuffle things around. Amazon isn't putting there HQ here anytime soon.

jlincoln
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby jlincoln » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:58 am

I don't see people investing in luxury living across from a public library, known for attracting the lost and homeless.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 9041
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby iamjacobm » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 am

jlincoln wrote:I don't see people investing in luxury living across from a public library, known for attracting the lost and homeless.


The Paxton which has condos ranging from 300K to over 800K is directly across the street from the current library.

jlincoln
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby jlincoln » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:59 pm

iamjacobm wrote:
jlincoln wrote:I don't see people investing in luxury living across from a public library, known for attracting the lost and homeless.


The Paxton which has condos ranging from 300K to over 800K is directly across the street from the current library.


OK, your risk not mine.

Chungus
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby Chungus » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:13 pm

jlincoln wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:
jlincoln wrote:I don't see people investing in luxury living across from a public library, known for attracting the lost and homeless.


The Paxton which has condos ranging from 300K to over 800K is directly across the street from the current library.


OK, your risk not mine.


Doesn't seem to be holding any other city back...

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21083
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby Coyote » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:45 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (54.53 KiB) Viewed 2977 times

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (39.81 KiB) Viewed 2977 times

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (37.78 KiB) Viewed 2977 times
Image

almighty_tuna
County Board
Posts: 4468
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Contact:

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby almighty_tuna » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:15 pm

In Coyote's second rendering, anyone else curious as to where that skywalk is going?

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 857
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby daveoma » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:25 pm

choke wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
choke wrote:
GetUrban wrote:Well, it's certainly not maxing-out the full potential for the four-block site, density-wise, but the building designs look pretty good.

I'm still not convinced there's really a need to move the library, unless you show me some really substantial replacement going into the old site.


The current library is a homeless shelter. Our downtown library should be more like DoSpace, IMO. And moving it closer to schools, Creighton and Central, is not a terrible idea. Someone will nab the empty space (Kiewit) at the head of the mall, no doubt.


I think the homeless will find the new library too. That's really more of a question of what can be done to help solve the homeless problem, more than where they'll go. There's nothing so unique about DoSpace that could not be retrofitted into the old library. It seems like Omaha just keeps moving things around rather than adding to what we already have, and somehow ending up with less variety of things going on downtown in the process. Central and Creighton each already have libraries focused toward their own curriculum, although it would be a good alternate place for students to go study, I agree.


Unfortunately, what would solve the homeless problem is if us way too nice Midwesterners would quit enabling them. It also wouldn't hurt if other states like Wisconsin wouldn't direct there homeless to come here (and yes, that is happening). There's a point when trying to modify the past to fit the future, e.g.,Rosenblatt and Civic Auditorium, is beyond fruitful. I see nothing wrong with a new library; it's due. Plus, the library can be in a more dense setting where you might attract a little more traffic. It is currently on an island; no way to build around it. This is Omaha, not Seatlle; we are going to shuffle things around. Amazon isn't putting there HQ here anytime soon.

Most homeless people are mentally ill. It seems to me like free mental health care would remove homeless people from the street and make them into productive tax paying citizens. Just sayin'.

User avatar
zedmib
Home Owners Association
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:50 am

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby zedmib » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:47 pm

almighty_tuna wrote:In Coyote's second rendering, anyone else curious as to where that skywalk is going?


I would say the skywalk is crossing 17th street to Park 6.
I agree the plan is a touch underwhelming but we all dream big and that's never a bad thing.
To Growth! When do we get a Supertall! :mrgreen:
Zed

User avatar
symphie
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:34 am
Location: West O

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby symphie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:15 am

Are those renderings of Tetrad's new plan for the site?

makeogreatagain
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:12 pm

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby makeogreatagain » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:14 pm

Nope, those are plans for my new home.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6435
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:49 am

zedmib wrote:
almighty_tuna wrote:In Coyote's second rendering, anyone else curious as to where that skywalk is going?


I would say the skywalk is crossing 17th street to Park 6.
I agree the plan is a touch underwhelming but we all dream big and that's never a bad thing.


Underwhelming indeed.. But I agree with your sentiment...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
symphie
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:34 am
Location: West O

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby symphie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:53 am

makeogreatagain wrote:Nope, those are plans for my new home.


You must have some pretty fat pockets. Let me know when you have your first cookout.

NEDodger
Library Board
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby NEDodger » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Uninspiring, but there are three potential wins here:

1.) A grocery store comes to downtown
2.) The main library comes to this site and opens the current library site for development
3.) The NE State Offices move here and opens the brick monstrosity to development on the south side of Leahy Mall.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6435
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:13 pm

NEDodger wrote:Uninspiring, but there are three potential wins here:

1.) A grocery store comes to downtown
2.) The main library comes to this site and opens the current library site for development
3.) The NE State Offices move here and opens the brick monstrosity to development on the south side of Leahy Mall.


Completely agree..

3 potential wins including a downtown grocery store and the current library site open for what could be the next downtown highrise development.. The next 3-5 years should be very telling...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 857
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby daveoma » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:28 pm

NEDodger wrote:Uninspiring, but there are three potential wins here:

1.) A grocery store comes to downtown
2.) The main library comes to this site and opens the current library site for development
3.) The NE State Offices move here and opens the brick monstrosity to development on the south side of Leahy Mall.

I really agree with you on all 3 points. :thumb:

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby RNcyanide » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:45 pm

NEDodger wrote:Uninspiring, but there are three potential wins here:

1.) A grocery store comes to downtown
2.) The main library comes to this site and opens the current library site for development
3.) The NE State Offices move here and opens the brick monstrosity to development on the south side of Leahy Mall.


If it maintains the curvature of the new plan, I wouldn't say it is entirely uninspiring - we don't really have a lot of curved buildings or layouts like that DT. However, as far as redevelopment of the NESOB and Library goes, well... I mean there was a reason there isn't a 40 story office tower on this site anymore and Lanoha/TACK's proposal is still only a proposal. We're going to be waiting quite a while, barring Kiewit relocating downtown or an outside player.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby RNcyanide » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:46 pm

And whatever is hopefully built where the brick chode is right now, I hope they incorporate elements of the original WoW building. That would be so neat to see a modern take on it.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

Midwestern
Home Owners Association
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby Midwestern » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:28 pm

RNcyanide wrote:We're going to be waiting quite a while, barring Kiewit relocating downtown or an outside player.


The current Kiewit tower in midtown would make a really good condo/apartment building.

Ben
Human Relations
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:57 pm
Location: Westside

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby Ben » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:10 am

Moving the library sounds like a great idea, in theory, but before the city and Tetrad propose doing it, you'd think they'd consult the library board, right?

Yeah, not so much. Apparently the first time several people on the board saw this plan was when it was on the news.... Reporters called a friend on the board for a comment, and her response was "on what?".

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 9041
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Tetrad Development (Civic Auditorium)

Postby iamjacobm » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:53 pm

The platting doc is called "Civic Square."

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21083
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Civic Square (former Civic Auditorium)

Postby Coyote » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Well, it is starting to sound like a Civic project....
Image

ShaneofCal
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:44 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Civic Square (former Civic Auditorium)

Postby ShaneofCal » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:41 pm

I am pleasantly surprised by the details of this project. It seems like an all-encompassing plan, with space for residents, retail, offices, civic engagement, and lots of green. The great thing is that there is ample time to refine the visual components as the project progresses, though I don't hate it as it stands. They have kept to a scale that compliments the project's future inhabitants. One thing to be grateful for from the initial renderings is that it seems like a rather inviting space. People will want to go to this part of town once completed.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21083
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Civic Square (former Civic Auditorium)

Postby Coyote » Sun May 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Omaha Planning Board wrote:APPROVAL 7-0.

Approval of the Preliminary Plat, subject to the following conditions:

1) Proposed nodes and on-street parking improvements will be subject to the Public Works Department public improvement process.

2) The proposed conversion of Chicago Street will require concurrence from Public Works - a traffic study will need to be submitted for review.

3) Coordinate with Public Works on the following: (a) A pavement assessment and the potential resurfacing of Chicago Street. (b) The placement of meters at all on-street parking stalls. (c) Potential improvements at 19th Street and Capitol Avenue which may allow for on-street parking to be added along the west side of the development.

4) Consider improvements to provide additional internal connectivity for the development.

5) Dedicate right-of-way as needed to ensure required sidewalks fall within the right-of-way.

6) Receive a right-of-way lease from the city for any elevated connection across 17th Street.

7) Provide sidewalks along all street frontages.

8.) Compliance with all applicable stormwater management ordinances and policies.
Image

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3754
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Civic Square (former Civic Auditorium)

Postby Greg S » Tue May 30, 2017 11:37 am


User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 9041
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Civic Square (former Civic Auditorium)

Postby iamjacobm » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:05 am

Platting is before city council. It looks to follow the exact proposed layout in the renderings above.

EDIT: 365K SF of office, civic and retail along with 176 residential units.

buildomaha
Home Owners Association
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 7:06 pm

Re: Civic Square (former Civic Auditorium)

Postby buildomaha » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:18 pm

I still don't know if I'm a fan of the design. I don't believe that green spaces need to be incorporated in the middle of the densest part of the city, no matter how great they are. There's plenty of room for green space downtown, just not here. I also don't believe that downtown is the right place for a superblock like this to be handed over to a single developer. The block would have a lot more variety had it been given the opportunity to develop naturally rather than forcing this to be built. This is a project that looks like it belongs in a business park off Dodge.

buildomaha
Home Owners Association
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 7:06 pm

Re: Civic Square (former Civic Auditorium)

Postby buildomaha » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:25 pm

To support my earlier claims here's an article about how these supposed revitalization projects go wrong. Although this isn't a project designed for tall buildings like the example from the article, I completely agree with the idea that many small, home grown developments add much more to a downtown area than large scale redevelopments that waste so much of our urban space, like the current design of this project.

https://www.strongtowns.org/journal/2017/7/3/the-illusion-of-revitalization
The zoning code effectively prohibits any sort of small-scale, incremental development for a huge portion of downtown. Instead, these zones are reserved for the exclusive use of large developers willing to invest in massive, all-or-nothing projects like the Legacy Tower or the Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield offices, both of which sit empty outside of work hours.

Rochester should learn from the failure of local titans of industry (Xerox, Bausch & Lomb, Kodak) and realize that a downtown of grand or monumental scale is hardly a prerequisite of success and vitality. In fact many places with considerably more active downtowns exhibit a far more humble appearance than Rochester (e.g. Princeton, New Jersey; Summit, New Jersey; Easton, Pennsylvania; Ithaca, New York). It’s time for planners to permit a more granular approach to downtown development and eliminate nonsensical mandates of high floor counts and monumental scales.

If Rochester truly wants the quality of its street life to match that of its skyline, it’s time to think beyond the form to the function of its buildings and how they connect with their surroundings. Fortunately, recent efforts on behalf of the city and private developers alike have moved towards fixing the planning failures of the past, and downtown is slowly but surely heading in the right direction. But to address the root of the issue, planners must work towards continuing to relax a zoning code fixated on some twentieth century vision of a downtown built for cars and commuters.

Codes should allow developers every opportunity to incrementally build downtown as a true place to live again. Until then, the gap between the grandeur of the skyline and the health of the streets will remain.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 9041
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Civic Square (former Civic Auditorium)

Postby iamjacobm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:48 am

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/city-council-gets-first-chance-to-vote-on-civic-auditorium/article_b4a2c384-712e-11e7-b7bb-5ba31668f387.html

It shows four buildings with apartments, offices, stores and possibly a new downtown public library at the site at 18th Street and Capitol Avenue.

That's smaller, but roughly along the lines of what the developer, Tetrad Property Group, and Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert have talked about since she chose the developer in 2014.

The developers envision a grocery and other retail, a fitness center and civic buildings.

The four buildings combined would have a total of about 740,000 square feet. The development could cost $200 million, the mayor’s press release said.

mcarch
Library Board
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Location: Elkhorn
Contact:

Re: Civic Square (former Civic Auditorium)

Postby mcarch » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:10 pm

Are they really moving the State Offices there?

Also, they should add back in a performing space since they tore the one in the Civic down. It was constantly being used for Comedic shows.

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Civic Square (former Civic Auditorium)

Postby MadMartin8 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:49 pm

Well, we may get that "urban" Hyvee or whatever like everyone wanted. The more I look at the plan, the more I just see a lot of wasted space, but it'll serve its purpose if it actually includes the items they are hoping to include.

If they move the state offices there, doesn't that free up the land that is pretty centralized and currently taken up by that weird red brick building? Good news there.
No posts exist for this topic

mcarch
Library Board
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Location: Elkhorn
Contact:

Re: Civic Square (former Civic Auditorium)

Postby mcarch » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:19 pm

MadMartin8 wrote:Well, we may get that "urban" Hyvee or whatever like everyone wanted. The more I look at the plan, the more I just see a lot of wasted space, but it'll serve its purpose if it actually includes the items they are hoping to include.

If they move the state offices there, doesn't that free up the land that is pretty centralized and currently taken up by that weird red brick building? Good news there.


I agree with the wasted space. They could have added so much more mixed space. Every tower that has been proposed included one or two uses and have ultimately failed. Where are our office, retail, hotel, and residential buildings in one?


Return to “Urban Omaha Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests