W.I.T. Capital Management

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

W.I.T. Capital Management

Post by Coyote »

According to the OWH, W.I.T. Capital Management (What It Takes) has purchased the North Omaha Fire Station (999 N. 16th) and will be restoring it for their use.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: W.I.T. Capital Management

Post by iamjacobm »

So cool that they are saving that building! I thought that was a demo waiting to happen.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm wrote:So cool that they are saving that building!  I thought that was a demo waiting to happen.
so did I... I looked at some old pics I have of the place and it doesn't do it justice, so I'm heading down there now to get something more deserving...
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

How many cities can you get a rocking deal on a sweet old building like this 2 miles north of the city core?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Thanks for braving the cold for all the updates Coyote :thumb: :thumb:
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm wrote:Thanks for braving the cold for all the updates Coyote  :thumb:  :thumb:
No problem, I had to come back to reshoot this location in the afternoon, when the sun was better positioned.

This building (built 1936) is owned by Firehouse 4 LLC, which is owned by Scott A Sladovnik, the founder of W.I.T., purchased in Juneof 2014 for $346k. First floor 3500 sq ft, second floor 3000 sq ft.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I have always thought it should be turned into one of these --- http://www.firehousebrewing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Glad to see someone using this great old building.

Al thought I do like Swift's ideal better (4th to last post on page 3 of the Tip Top Thread) :;):

http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... h&start=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

I'm glad to see that its being saved. That building has so much potential, but is in really rough shape. There's a large swath of cracked bricks along the north side of the building that'll need to be re-tuckpointed or replaced before the building is structurally okay for any interior work to take place.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Work has started here.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Looks like we might have North Downtown development in small bits and pieces, rather than one large chunk.
No posts exist for this topic
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Financial adviser's 20-year quest is over: He's moving his business to firehouse Station No. 4
With guidance from Alley Poyner Macchietto Architecture, Sladovnik and his financial team plan to restore the 1913 building that in the 1990s was used as an armored car business and, the last several years, for storage.
In addition to W.I.T. (What It Takes) offices, they’re considering a speak-easy or retail store on the lower floor. A few condos might also be built on the back end.
Hoping to “keep it as period as possible,” Sladovnik wants to acquire the station’s original sliding poles, which are in the Omaha Fire Department headquarters. He also has consulted with the firefighters’ historical society and has offered to display memorabilia.
Various city approvals and construction details are ahead, so completion is expected to take a couple of years. Stabilization efforts will begin soon, said Albert Macchietto, who plans to incorporate key firehouse features into a modern office design.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Never expected to see a picture from my old stompin grounds on here. That Fire House in RC is a cool place. I recall the beer only being ok. Been forever though since I was there, The location of station 4 is definitely not as good as that one, relative to the two downtown areas.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Love how they are looking at a couple other uses. A small bar that is a little "in the know" would be cool. I doubt they would go full speakeasy like the one in Lincoln though.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

This looks like another awesome rehab.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Zoning change to CBD requested.
nebraska90
New to the Neighborhood

Post by nebraska90 »

Not a ton of new news from the OWH article, but work still seems to be taking place.

"Owner Scott Sladovnik said unanticipated worksite setbacks have delayed progress, but he is not concerned about the timeline. The architect for the project is next-door neighbor Alley Poyner Macchietto. He wasn’t sure when the project would come online."
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

There is work happening here. The SE corner is being completely rebuilt but the front looks like it's staying the same.