Midtown HyVee (50th and Center)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Midtown HyVee (50th and Center)

Post by Brad »

Wowt channel 6 reported on its 4pm news today that the new HyVee at 51 and Center will open Tuesday 5-3-05. I did not see a story as of yet on their website to post. More Stores like HyVee need to invest in midtown and DTO.
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations

Post by OmahaDevelopmentMan »

I work at Hy Vee, so I know it will be opening soon, I actually know a few employees there so be nice to them :D. We actually had a store there, it was actually the first one in Omaha. It was in terrible shape so they tore it down and rebuilt it. Should look great.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I knew they rebuilt it. Your company does a good job at building big new stors in older parts of town. (51+center, 108+fort, 76+cass) Tell them to keep it up.
zedmib
Home Owners Association

Post by zedmib »

I worked at that Hy-Vee ('83 to '88) when I was in high school and early college. It was showing its age back then. I saw they were adding a Hy- Vee gas station right on the corner of Saddle Creek and Center.
A nice addition to the area.
To Growth! When do we get a Supertall! :mrgreen:
Zed
POTUS
Home Owners Association

Post by POTUS »

This is mentioned in another thread, but worth bringing up here...

The HyVee in front of Mall of the Bluffs is also undergoing a new building renovation.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote
City Council

Re: Midtown HyVee (50th and Center)

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:Finally they are getting to Stony Brook's Market Grill Express with a $300K remodel...
And the 50th & Center will get a $270K Market Grill addition.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:
Coyote wrote:Finally they are getting to Stony Brook's Market Grill Express with a $300K remodel...
And the 50th & Center will get a $270K Market Grill addition.
A little more than just a Market Grill. Produce moving more toward the front of the store like a lot of the newer Hy-Vee's.

They need to find a way to add some more registers and maybe even more parking. That place is always crazy busy with 35th and L closed.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote: A little more than just a Market Grill. Produce moving more toward the front of the store like a lot of the newer Hy-Vee's.

They need to find a way to add some more registers and maybe even more parking. That place is always crazy busy with 35th and L closed.
They need to buy out that old little apartment building and add on a separate liquor store and more parking...
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad wrote:They need to buy out that old little apartment building and add on a separate liquor store and more parking...
This is was an old rumor at the store when I worked there, but people said that Hy-Vee was going to buy the apartment building and the post office and do just that. Looking at the dcassesor now though it appears that the post office was bought last year by an LLC that traces back to NuStyle...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:This is was an old rumor at the store when I worked there, but people said that Hy-Vee was going to buy the apartment building and the post office and do just that. Looking at the dcassesor now though it appears that the post office was bought last year by an LLC that traces back to NuStyle...
Where's the post office going?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:This is was an old rumor at the store when I worked there, but people said that Hy-Vee was going to buy the apartment building and the post office and do just that. Looking at the dcassesor now though it appears that the post office was bought last year by an LLC that traces back to NuStyle...
Where's the post office going?
Idk. I guess they could just be holding it if the PO has an attractive lease on it. I always raise an eyebrow when I see 514 Walker St. Woodbine, IA on a property though.
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

The store at 51st & Center has started their remodel of the cafe too