Urban Grocery Store

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad

Garrett
Parks & Recreation

Re: Urban Grocery Store

Postby Garrett » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:35 pm

MTO wrote:"80,000 workers and 9,000 residents" Omaha is no where near that, we're gonna have to wait quite a while.

The greater downtown region (Downtown, Midtown crossing area, North Downtown, and the area just south of the tracks) has around 20,000 people according to 2015 data. Even if you just restrict it to the core CBD/Old Market area you hit around 8,000 people, leaving out big chunks of what's commonly considered downtown.
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

buildomaha
Home Owners Association

Postby buildomaha » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Garrett wrote:
MTO wrote:"80,000 workers and 9,000 residents" Omaha is no where near that, we're gonna have to wait quite a while.

The greater downtown region (Downtown, Midtown crossing area, North Downtown, and the area just south of the tracks) has around 20,000 people according to 2015 data. Even if you just restrict it to the core CBD/Old Market area you hit around 8,000 people, leaving out big chunks of what's commonly considered downtown.

Is that residents of the area or workers?

Garrett
Parks & Recreation

Postby Garrett » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:54 pm

buildomaha wrote:
Garrett wrote:

Is that residents of the area or workers?

Residents
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

Garrett
Parks & Recreation

Postby Garrett » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Also, looking at it now that residents number has to include a lot of people from outside of downtown as well. Their main downtown census tract, which includes all of their downtown area plus most of the East Village through the Capitol, is estimated to only have around 4,800 people in 2015. IF you add in the southern parts of the East Village plus neighborhoods east of the Capitol you come to around 8,000.
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

Nick808402
New to the Neighborhood

Postby Nick808402 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Big fan of Cosentino's in KC since I always stay at the Crowne Plaza whenever I go to KC for a guy's weekend.

I live at the new Highline and would LOVE a grocery store in that big ugly lot with the Wells Fargo drive thru. My lazy |expletive| would still drive there, but it's way better than driving to Bakers.

They should keep the store open 24h so drunk people can stumble in at night to buy food lol
or at least have a separate section for late night munchies open.

Greg S
County Board

Postby Greg S » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:46 am

Nick808402 wrote:Big fan of Cosentino's in KC since I always stay at the Crowne Plaza whenever I go to KC for a guy's weekend.

I live at the new Highline and would LOVE a grocery store in that big ugly lot with the Wells Fargo drive thru. My lazy |expletive| would still drive there, but it's way better than driving to Bakers.

They should keep the store open 24h so drunk people can stumble in at night to buy food lol
or at least have a separate section for late night munchies open.

Me too. We usually stay at the Marriott downtown. Cosentino's in addition to the groceries and liquor department is good for breakfast and lunch too. So handy. If we are headed to a Royals game we get a lot of our tailgating stuff there on the way to Kauffman.

Greg

Return to “Urban Omaha Development”