Vantage Pointe 18th & Leavenworth

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

U R my Helix
Human Relations

Vantage Pointe 18th & Leavenworth

Post by U R my Helix »

So what is the story with this building? Vantage Pointe at 1818 Leavenworth? Looks long vacant but not in bad shape. Wouldn't it make an easy conversion into apartments or transitional housing?
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Re: Vantage Pointe 18th & Leavenworth

Post by daveoma »

The views from this building would be great but the prison is right across the street. I can't imagine any business would want to locate there...perhaps an exception would be a start-up.
justnick
Human Relations

Vantage Pointe building on 19th and leavenworth

Post by justnick »

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.2523746 ... 56!6m1!1e1

1. What was this building? When did it go empty?

2. is something happening here? that glass front doorway you can still see on google earth is off and so are all the for sale/lease signs.

seeing this and the Mid City building on 25th rehabbed would be great coups for the neighborhood.
Toto
Home Owners Association

Re: Vantage Pointe building on 19th and leavenworth

Post by Toto »

The owner is Bernard J. Mobeco. If you google him, you will see Bernard and the city meet in the courtroom more than most people.
Toto
nebraska
Library Board

Re: Vantage Pointe building on 19th and leavenworth

Post by nebraska »

Originally built in 1936

1940s-late 70s? Used to house the Gland-O-Lac Company, as a firm which is engaged in the production of poultry and canine medicines. here

In the 80s, the name "RIEKES CRISA CORPORATION, 1818 LEAVENWORTH STREET" comes up. Alco Standard and United Laboratories might have had office there too.

Owned by Bernard Morello as Mobeco Industries Inc (first two letters of his last and first name). Maybe the same Morello who owns about 200 properties in Omaha, but he now lives in Texas. He has a bad habit of not maintaining his properties. here Looks like he just buys properties cheap and holds on to them, often letting them go into disrepair, often involved in lawsuits involving fines and eminent domain.

The number of electric meters on the outside leads me to think it used to be apartments, especially with a name like "Vantage Pointe", but I couldn't find anything on Google that says so.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

No permits submitted as of today.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

I notice today that this building now has a for-sale sign up. I think it could be a great location for affordable housing for those working downtown.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

People picking up litter around the building last weekend.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

It's being offered as an office building with possible flex-use. No price listed, but it's an interesting property. There is a building just south of there on 18th that shares a similar style. It's too bad the prison has inhibited development in the surrounding area. It really makes this a dead zone. Are there any good examples in other cities where there is solid development/land use around a downtown prison?
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

I went down a rabbit hole looking into who owns the big empty parcel just north of the CHI Health clinic on 24th and Cuming, discovered its a same guy who owns this property and found this listing: http://looplink.natl.cbre.us/ll/1543057 ... nworth-St/. It's been several months that he has tried to sell it at $2.9 million. The listing is taken down on other commercial real estate sites. Maybe when he passes away, his estate will divest all the properties this fellow owns in Omaha.