Scottish Rite Hall

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

DTmatt
New to the Neighborhood

Scottish Rite Hall

Post by DTmatt »

Not sure if there was a topic about this, but the Scottish Rite Hall on 20th and Douglas recently installed a nice little mural and garden between it's building and the Douglas Street parking garage. Adds a nice little something to an area that used to just be a patch of grass.
Attachments
IMG_1824.JPG
IMG_1824.JPG (212.69 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
Coyote
City Council

Re: Scottish Rite Hall

Post by Coyote »

Nice. I didn't know about this... Thanks.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Looks good.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I had no idea there was what looks like a really cool theater in this building. I saw a concert was going to be here coming up and had no clue.

Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

iamjacobm wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:46 pm I had no idea there was what looks like a really cool theater in this building. I saw a concert was going to be here coming up and had no clue.

You going to Todd Snider playing there?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Linkin5 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:28 pm
iamjacobm wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:46 pm I had no idea there was what looks like a really cool theater in this building. I saw a concert was going to be here coming up and had no clue.

Saw he was playing here and I had no idea they had this space in the building. I am a fan of Snider and this would be a really unique setting to see him so thinking about it.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Wow, that's beautiful. We looked at the building as a wedding reception venue, but had no clue this was in the building too.
stadsborgare
Home Owners Association

Post by stadsborgare »

I heard an organ recital there once. That building is also where I was initiated into the Masonry, at my dad's urging.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

iamjacobm wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:39 pm
Linkin5 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:28 pm

Saw he was playing here and I had no idea they had this space in the building. I am a fan of Snider and this would be a really unique setting to see him so thinking about it.
Yeah I’m a huge Snider fan but have to be out of town that weekend. Will be an incredible concert.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka
Scottish Rite Masonic Center

Sat, Jul 23
7:30pm - 9:00pm

Roald Dahl’s timeless story of the world-famous candy man and his quest to find an heir comes to life July 22 - 31 at the Scottish Rite!

Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka features a cast of young performers as they take the audience on a fantasy ride into the land of pure imagination! Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka includes classic songs like “Pure Imagination”, “The Candy Man”, “(I’ve Got a) Golden Ticket”, “Oompa-Loompa-Doompadee-Doo”, “I Want It Now” and more! This family-friendly scrumdidilyumptious musical is guaranteed to delight everyone’s sweet tooth!

ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

IIRC, the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry teach its "craft" via a series of plays. So, most Scottish Rite buildings have some sort of stage/theater set-up. This one is particularly nice.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Roald Dahl’s “Willy Wonka” at Scottish Rite Masonic Center

- Rave On Presents: Roald Dahl’s “Willy Wonka”
- July 22-31
- 7:30 start on Friday, 2 p.m. start on Saturday | $20-$35
- Scottish Rite Masonic Center

A set of productions of the classic/original “Willy Wonka” comes to the Scottish Rite stage for two weekends from July 22-31. This adaptation of the original “Charlie And The Chocolate Factory” – written in 1964 – features music and direction from Leslie Bricusse, Anthony Newley, and Timothy Allen Mcdonald. Talented young performers will bring the productions to life. The productions start at 7:30 p.m Fridays and Saturdays and at 2 p.m. on Sundays. Reserved seating tickets cost $35 for adults and $20 for children aged five and younger.

Experience a classic story filled with memorable characters come to life on stage at the Scottish Rite Masonic Center.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Willy Wonka takes the stage in Omaha

KETV NewsWatch 7

Arts Academy Production: 'I took the concept of pure imagination very literally'
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Heartland Youth Ballet Performing At The Scottish Rite
The Scottish Rite
Sat, Nov 12

Heartland Youth Ballet
Presents
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Saturday, November 12th 7:00 PM
Sunday, November 13th 2:00 PM