Development of North Downtown

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Development of North Downtown

Post by Coyote »

After reading Shatel's article about the development of the Qwest Center and the lots around it I tried to go back and piece together some maps and plans of this process, starting with the decisions to get rid of the Asarco plant to the new plans for Lot B and L&C Landing. But the only thing I have to post after an hour of looking was this map:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (228.43 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
Brad
City Council

Re: Development of North Downtown

Post by Brad »

That's from the downtown master plan correct? There wasn't any more information in the master plan? Or the Master Plan thread we have here?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:That's from the downtown master plan correct? There wasn't any more information in the master plan? Or the Master Plan thread we have here?
I'm looking more at the history, like maps of master plans from 1975, from 2002... From Asarco's demolition till Qwest's development...
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

The North Downtown study had some maps of proposed land use. I am not sure if it can be found online or not. The city paid for an "official" study of the potential use for North Downtown, so I would think a copy of it is somewhere.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »