Startup group home? 31st & Chicago

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

U R my Helix
Human Relations

Startup group home? 31st & Chicago

Post by U R my Helix »

A former sorority house at 3100 Chicago St was sold in December of 2015 and looks as though it has found new use as a group home / boarding house. The owner of record is Gilbatrar LLC. I am unaware of this concept in Omaha. Does anyone know if this is for real or some CL scam?

Here is a recent advertisement for this posted to Craigslist: and website http://yearofthestartup.com/

You don't want to miss out on your chance to live in this awesome 17 bedroom, 10 bathroom mansion with some of the most brilliant minds in Omaha!

Year of the Startup is a live/work community where the best and brightest entrepreneurs in the Midwest live! We have entrepreneurs from all over the spectrum that live here - we have entrepreneurs living where who represent many industries including marketing, fashion, food, tech, music, real estate and much much more! The community is composed of both women and men in their 20's and 30's and anyone is encouraged to apply. There are frequently events at the house aimed at increasing your knowledge base and connections.

Year of the Startup is for both those with established companies and those that are just looking to begin. Year of the Startup staff is available for weekly 1:1 meetings and will help connect you with mentors, as well. The largest resource for Year of the Startup are all of the amazing resident entrepreneurs that call this home!

If you are interested in learning more about the house and our community, please feel free to email me directly at ....

Dundeemaha
Human Relations

Re: Startup group home? 31st & Chicago

Post by Dundeemaha »

Definitely not a Craigslist Scam. The people behind it are genuinely interested in the concept.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Startup group home? 31st & Chicago

Post by iamjacobm »

They had a different house that was smaller than this. Glad to see it expand.

If I remember correctly the short lived Nightlife Transit got started in the Startup House.