Omaha's Automobile Row

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Omaha's Automobile Row

Post by Coyote »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (120.02 KiB) Viewed 978 times
At one time the stretch of Farnam between 20th and 26th was called Automobile Row, with auto dealers, garages and parts stores. Cadillac, Fiat, Ford and Buick were here, while the Hupmobile and Peerless Motor Co (All Makes) still remain. A while ago I posted a thread on Neighborhood Conservation/Enhancement (NCE) Districts, and maybe a new one is being developed here, with Anant building the Even Hotel and the Holiday Inn Express, and buying buildings like the one directly west of the Even to provide their guests with retail and restaurant amenities. On Grow Omaha this morning Trenton mentioned that Anant will listen to their neighbors about the building and design which I hope would incorporate the Auto Row theme. 25 Farnam looks like it is moving along, I hope the brewery is still a part of the project, so if the Street Car line goes down Farnam, here will be another big spot before, MTC, and the Blackstone District!
Professor Woland
Library Board

Re: Omaha's Automobile Row

Post by Professor Woland »

Somewhere Streets has retreated to his fainting couch.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (143.53 KiB) Viewed 952 times
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

All Makes is supposed to be updating their exterior. Good news as the current awnings are getting pretty beat up.