Wells Fargo Property @ 20th and Farnam

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

skinzfan23
City Council

Wells Fargo Property @ 20th and Farnam

Post by skinzfan23 »

News regarding Wells Fargo @ 20th and Farnam, there was an article in the paper today stating that they are closing the drive thru lanes. Maybe that land can be developed into something better after all.

Here is the current view:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.2576497 ... 56!6m1!1e1

Brad
City Council

Re: Wells Fargo Property @ 20th and Farnam

Post by Brad »

Article makes it sound like a potential buyer would need to lease them space for the 2 ATMs on that lot. Probably a roadblock for much development...

Hopefully that can be overcome.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The office building, the site with the drive thru and the lot directly west have all been on LoopNet for a while now. Would be interesting if someone went in and was able to develop the lots, they are pretty big eyesores.
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

Wow! This would be a fantastic spot for something similar to "Highline 2.0" (or taller). Hopefully the ATM issue could be solved by having two ATM's with one lane parallel to 20th Street.
mistergutierrez
Home Owners Association

Post by mistergutierrez »

NEDodger wrote:Wow! This would be a fantastic spot for something similar to "Highline 2.0" (or taller). Hopefully the ATM issue could be solved by having two ATM's with one lane parallel to 20th Street.
But, do the ATMs need to be drive through? Standard ATMs with a 15 min limit parking spot in front wouldn't be a big problem.

Hopefully something is done, the north side of Farnam between the 20th and 24th, and the north side of Douglas between th 25th and 29th are the biggest eyesores between DT and Midtown.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

I agree there's a lot of potential for this site
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

I've been banking with what is now Wells Fargo for as long as I've been here. The old Norwest/Banco was an affiliate of my bank back east (Manufacturers Hanover) and they helped me get the accounts set up and everything transferred and such. When I lived closer to downtown and in Council Bluffs that location, the drive-thru lanes and the ATM, were where I almost always went, although I often used the underground drive-in down under the main bank. I still use the ATMs there occasionally.
mistergutierrez wrote:But, do the ATMs need to be drive through? Standard ATMs with a 15 min limit parking spot in front wouldn't be a big problem.
Drive-through ATMs, particularly in the inner city, feel much safer to me than one right in the open, although that drive-through can be scary in itself at night. They do have one on the sidewalk on the south side of the main bank building, and I would not feel safe using it, especially at night. A couple of times I've been downtown or in CB and needed cash and I've actually paid an ATM fee to use one in a more traveled location than go there.
mistergutierrez
Home Owners Association

Post by mistergutierrez »

The Wells Fargo employee parking lot, just west of the drive throug ATMs, have been fenced and not being used for some weeks already. Let´s hope something happens there soon.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

In this year's season ticket package, the Rose Theater mentioned that the US Bank lot across the street would no longer be available for parking for shows. Sad for families because it was so close and convenient (especially in winter time). But apparently SOMETHING is happening there.