ANDERSON BP

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad

debradomayer
Home Owners Association
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

ANDERSON BP

Postby debradomayer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Driving by 72nd & Grover this afternoon and noticed the price sign was off and then noticed all of the yellow caution tape. Anderson BP was locked up & closed. Wasn't aware they were closing, but with Bucky's right across the street...

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: ANDERSON BP

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:55 pm

It would not be the first time Buckys bought out a competitor and then just left the empty lot sitting there.

muszical
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:16 am

Re: ANDERSON BP

Postby muszical » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:01 pm

If you are referring to 30th and Ames. Buchanan intends to buoy a new gas station on the SE Corner and McDonalds will them build a new store on the existing Corner. O'Reilly's has been holding up construction by being unreasonable in relocation offers.

Slbg91
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:21 pm

Re: ANDERSON BP

Postby Slbg91 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:34 pm

This could have something to do with the Ramada becoming a Red Lion. Their remodel calls for a wave pool. I suspect that such a Waterpark expansion would take up the parking in front of the convention center on the north side. They are tearing down the Baymont for parking space so it is possible that the Anderson space could also become parking.

Mr.Nuke
Library Board
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: ANDERSON BP

Postby Mr.Nuke » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:37 am

Slbg91 wrote:This could have something to do with the Ramada becoming a Red Lion. Their remodel calls for a wave pool. I suspect that such a Waterpark expansion would take up the parking in front of the convention center on the north side.

The gas station property is listed for sale so that seems unlikely.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20408
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: ANDERSON BP

Postby Coyote » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:00 pm

debradomayer wrote:Driving by 72nd & Grover this afternoon and noticed the price sign was off and then noticed all of the yellow caution tape. Anderson BP was locked up & closed. Wasn't aware they were closing, but with Bucky's right across the street...

Keep forgetting to post this, but the gas pumps are gone and I presume but did not see the tanks removed.
Image

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20408
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: ANDERSON BP

Postby Coyote » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:29 pm

Mr.Nuke wrote:The gas station property is listed for sale so that seems unlikely.


Buck's bought this building in late February for a cool $1m while it was evaluated at $525k but are now asking $725k with a deed that restricts the property from use as a C-Store and/or car wash, so I am guessing the building/car wash will be removed so it sells as an empty lot ready for development. This parcel is only .43 acres so I can't imagine what can go in here...
Image

debradomayer
Home Owners Association
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: ANDERSON BP

Postby debradomayer » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:35 pm

Coyote wrote:
Mr.Nuke wrote:The gas station property is listed for sale so that seems unlikely.


Buck's bought this building in late February for a cool $1m while it was evaluated at $525k but are now asking $725k with a deed that restricts the property from use as a C-Store and/or car wash, so I am guessing the building/car wash will be removed so it sells as an empty lot ready for development. This parcel is only .43 acres so I can't imagine what can go in here...

I drive by here almost daily and the heavy equipment was breaking up large chunks of concrete. The tanks I believe were pulled out last week. Waiting for the building to go...

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5122
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: ANDERSON BP

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:57 am

Yes, the tanks were pulled last Thursday.


Return to “Urban Omaha Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests