Bin 61 - TACK Architects (2922 N. 61st St)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

Bin 61 - TACK Architects (2922 N. 61st St)

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/money/tackarchitec ... 57b04.html
Just off Benson’s main business strip sits a 70-year-old warehouse stained by oil and filled with dust. To Jeff Dolezal and his partners, it’s the next frontier — a place TACK-
architects is buying after growing six years in a startup incubator in Omaha’s north downtown.

The agency’s planned move from leased space to a place it will own and shape into Bin 61 marks not only the maturation of a local agency, but also another stride for Benson.

TACKarchitects will bring a professional office hub to what largely has become an entertainment-centric commercial area. More office users are expected to follow, as more structures are set to rise in the area or be converted to offices.
TACKarchitects stands out in that it plans a roughly $1.5 million investment in an old auto dealership warehouse at 2922 N. 61st St., sparking a different use on the less-traveled industrial artery off the Maple Street corridor.

The architectural group plans to use about half of the 8,500 square feet and lease out sections to office users including a videographer and a private foundation. In all, Dolezal expects up to 30 people to work at the site, which is scheduled to open early next year.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Bin 61 - TACK Architects (2922 N. 61st St)

Post by iamjacobm »

Great project to strengthen Benson all day. With some office users and more residents in the immediate area the businesses on the main drag might see bump in daytime business going forward.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

There is a before and after slider on the OWH story, building is going to be a huge improvement on what's there now. And I agree, Office will be a nice addition to Benson.

TACK did our office and it turned out really nice. They really got the normally traditional engineers to go with something modern and cool.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

This project is going before the City Council next week
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (61.59 KiB) Viewed 1929 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (53.44 KiB) Viewed 1929 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (137.05 KiB) Viewed 1929 times
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Did anyone attend the Open Omaha event this weekend? TACK just posted a picture of their public display. They have some projects up, most in Omaha area. Has someone seen this in person? What's the Sid and Nancy project related to?

https://www.facebook.com/TACKarchitects ... 0720858366
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I did not. I wanted to, but ran out of time. I was really interested is seeing that model.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

ita wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:09 pm Did anyone attend the Open Omaha event this weekend? TACK just posted a picture of their public display. They have some projects up, most in Omaha area. Has someone seen this in person? What's the Sid and Nancy project related to?

So if you look at the top left rendering of that poster I think it looks like its at the foot of the GLM. Wondering if it was more of a conceptual thing before Mutual got involved with that site.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

iamjacobm wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:22 pm
ita wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:09 pm Did anyone attend the Open Omaha event this weekend? TACK just posted a picture of their public display. They have some projects up, most in Omaha area. Has someone seen this in person? What's the Sid and Nancy project related to?

So if you look at the top left rendering of that poster I think it looks like its at the foot of the GLM. Wondering if it was more of a conceptual thing before Mutual got involved with that site.
Ah, I see what you mean. That would be of been cool. The Stratcom Museum board looks like some kind of expansion and that looks pretty neat as well.

It's too bad the fairmont creamary project died. I found a clearer picture from Morrissey Engineering of the rendering that's in the Facebook post.

NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

WOW! That looked great! That’s a true bummer.