902 Dodge (9th Street Tavern and Grill)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

902 Dodge (9th Street Tavern and Grill)

Post by OmahaChef »

What is the building at 10th and Dodge that was going to be converted to condos and is now going to be turned into apartments?
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

that's the 902 dodge building. They are renovating it into first floor commercial, three floors of apartments, and two condos on the top floor.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

I'll believe it when I see it, Swift :) .
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

I've seen this building many times from 10th Street heading north, so all I've ever seen is the back side, which isn't too attractive. I was surprised by the photo above, as it is a rather nice looking building. So after work tonight, I went by specifically to see it from the front, and sure enough, there is activity there. Debris is being hauled out and put in dumpsters. Perhaps something is finally happening!
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

They've been working on the building since mid March. A lot of the delay came because the devlopers were having difficulty with the architect. LAst I heard the first residents should be moving in next January.
Alt(Bayern)München
Home Owners Association

Post by Alt(Bayern)München »

The one story portion of that building on the extreme right of DTOs picture is a private residence. There is a curved wall with "PROUTY PLACE" carved into it, and behind that is a sort of loft type condo space. It was designed by Avant Architects...you can read about it on thier web site.
Alt(Bayern)München
Home Owners Association

Post by Alt(Bayern)München »

...or you can read about above I guess! (I thoght I was copying the small picture of the outside of the building...but it copied the whole web page?)
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Cool..

Thanks Alt..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

Progress is being made on this building. The windows have all been removed and the concrete block fill-in walls on the side facing 10th Street are being punched out.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Yes, this project definitely looks to be in high gear... Roni and I were noticing it from our seats in Nick and Tony's (did I mention I really like this restaurant? :) I'm thinking with the combination of Qwest Center and NOW Holland Center traffic, we could expect to see another couple of restaurants in this area... I noticed they are doing something in the former Riverfront Place sales office... anyone know anything?)
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

Yes, I noticed that too. They've been drywalling in there for a few weeks now. Funny....I did my "Introduction to Menus" project on a restaurant in that space. It would be cool if one actually did end up there.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Last I heard a resturant was supposed to be on the first floor of the 902 building.

But that was in May, things have probably changed a bit since then.
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

I can not recall the exact use/user for the old Riverfront Plcae sales ofice (in the Marriott) but it is medical oriented. I believe a small surgery center.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

That's kind of a random use...

Maybe there's enough money in the Old Market for a plastic surgeon or oral surgeon to locate in the area :) .
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

I walk 10th Street to get back and forth to work.  There has been a lot of activity on the first floor of this building the last week or so.  No signs or anything yet, but I'll keep an eye out.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

we've got about 5 threads on the 902 dodge st building, but this appears to be the most recent, so Chef in reply to your message, here's a bit more of an update.  After months of using the 1st floor as a storage space for construction materials for the condos, it looks like they're finally building out the space for its eventual tenant, which several months ago was mentioned to be a deli-restaurant.  They've got studs up and cabinets/counter tops going in, and a whole truckful of drywall showed up yesterday, so my guess is that they're progressing along nicely.  Not sure if the drywall was for the condos or the restaurant, but good sign of progress either way.  Can't be long now until its a usable restaurant.  They also spent tons of time (and probably money) on redoing the concrete patio and installing a railing, as if they're going to use the space for outside seating, but it faces the 480 off ramp, so I don't know how desirable that's gonna be.

Anyone know more about this deli (name? other locations?) or projected opening date?  

Any of you real estate guys know how the sales are going in that building?

Damn, I hope the deli is good.  If it is, I might as well just sign over part of my paycheck to them.  I just know I'm going to get lazy and not want to cook when I've got a deli less than 500 feet from my front door.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

I guess I'll answer my own question here.  They just posted a number of signs saying the 1st floor space will be Farrell's Deli and Market, opening soon.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Hey!  That's great news!
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Dfresh
New to the Neighborhood

Ferrel's Sports Bar and Deli @ 902 Dodge

Post by Dfresh »

Ferrel's Sports Bar and Deli @ 902 Dodge

New sports bar going in downtown. Its right across the street North from the Hilton Garden Inn.
Does anyone know anything about this?
Dfresh
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Dfresh »

Douglas or Dodge not sure???
Minneapolis Boy
Library Board

Post by Minneapolis Boy »

If it's right across from the Hilton Garden Inn, then the location is on 10th & Dodge.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

This would be a fantastic location for those going to and coming from the Qwest Center from downtown!  A nice place to go to warm up on your way to/from your car!
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

The first floor of the 1002 condo building on Dodge is empty, and for that matter the first floor of the Ford Warehouse condos is empty.  Either site would work for this kind of project, but I don't know as I'd be that excited about the location.  There isn't a Qwest event every night of the week.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

OmahaChef wrote:The first floor of the 1002 condo building on Dodge is empty, and for that matter the first floor of the Ford Warehouse condos is empty.  Either site would work for this kind of project, but I don't know as I'd be that excited about the location.  There isn't a Qwest event every night of the week.
True, but then there are 3 hotels (4 if you count the Embassy Suites), including Nebraska's largest, within a couple of blocks, and no sports bars.  That is a built in base of customers.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

OmahaChef wrote:The first floor of the 1002 condo building on Dodge is empty, and for that matter the first floor of the Ford Warehouse condos is empty.  Either site would work for this kind of project, but I don't know as I'd be that excited about the location.  There isn't a Qwest event every night of the week.
2 things - 1) the 1st floor of the Ford Warehouse is being turned into condos/offices.  You can see some of the ongoing construction thru the glass window-fronts.  This won't be open to the street, commercial stuff, rather limited access offices or condos (according to a buddy that lives there)

2) I drove by the 1002 Dodge condo building tonight, and this must still be in the preliminary phases of discussion/negotiations, as the For Lease signs haven't been taken down, nor has any work begun yet.

I'd love it if a sportsbar opened right there, but don't forget that we've got another sportsbar already on its way (opening shortly if I remember correctly) - Stadium Club, down next to JD Tuckers, about 2 blocks away.  Given the location though, this place would definitely draw a crowd quicker after Qwest center events.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

What's JD Tucker's and where is it?
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:What's JD Tucker's and where is it?
On 10th, just north of Howard.  Its a sportsbar.  It gets a pretty good crowd on weekends, and whenever there's any sort of major local (Creighton BB, Husker Football) or national sporting event.

The same owner is opening the Stadium Club right next door.  Its essentially an expansion that will have a kitchen (former Das Rheinland space).
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Gotcha.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

I think I've got this all figured out, and then we can call it confirmed.  Coming home last night, I looked at the signs on the 902 dodge st building.  Ferrel's Deli and Market will also contain Ferrel's Sports Bar.  Odd combo, but I think we now know what DFresh was referring to.  Not 9th and Douglas, not just north of the Garden Inn, but rather 9th and Dodge, just north of the Courtyard.

For more info on the 902 dodge building and Ferrel's, see this thread:
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2270
Ben
Human Relations

Sportsbar as well

Post by Ben »

Just to link my posts together, per the discussion in the rumors section, Ferrel's Deli/Market will also contain a Sports Bar, all opening soon.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Maverick
Home Owners Association

Post by Maverick »

Huh.  Turns out my next door neighbor is developing this.  He didn't give me much for details (we were just walking to our cars), but he told me the sandwiches were gonna be huge NYC deli style.  Sounds good to me.  Hopefully I can get a good 1lb pastrami sandwich for less than $14.99 ;)
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

There is a sign along 10th Street now.  It says this will open in March.
Ben
Human Relations

Update

Post by Ben »

I ran into the owner tonight when headed out for a walk.  He showed me around and we talked a bit.  This has the potential to be the best sports bar in the Old Market area...  Something like 20 flat panels, a huge oval bar (seats about 50), some nice leather lounge chairs, and a small private room off to the back for parties.  If they market it correctly, this could be the place to hang before/after Creighton B-ball/UNO hockey games, as its less than a block from the Qwest.  There will also be tons of outdoor seating along both the dodge st/480 off-ramp side (not so scenic) and the 10th st side (much better).  Along the 10th street side is a really cool gas fed fire pit, that'll be handy for chilly evenings.  

There's still some work to be done (bar stools, tables need to be setup), some stuff needs to be hung on the walls, etc, but the place is practically finished.  Opening is set for the 28th of this month.

The deli/market side is also coming along nicely, but seems to be a bit further behind.  It won't be huge, but looks to be pretty nice.  They're still in the process of setting up display cases and the such over there, although I wouldn't doubt that they'll have this part finished by the 28th as well (it'll just be a bit more hectic).
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I work there now.
DTO
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Looks like we found the home of the next Forum Meet & Free Beer-a-palooza.

:cheers:  :banger:  :dancing:  :banana:  :leek:  :barf:  :woot:  :coolwoot:

-Big E
Stable genius.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Big E wrote:Looks like we found the home of the next Forum Meet & Free Beer-a-palooza.
Eric, Are you going to make the urban home tour this year?
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Brad wrote:
Big E wrote:Looks like we found the home of the next Forum Meet & Free Beer-a-palooza.
Eric, Are you going to make the urban home tour this year?
I doubt it. I have all the urban homes I need at the moment.

-Big E
Stable genius.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Big E wrote:I doubt it. I have all the urban homes I need at the moment.

-Big E
Ha, Big "Money Bags" E.  More never hurts...does it?
ItsAllAboutMe
Human Relations

Post by ItsAllAboutMe »

Yesterday was the opening for the Deli/sports bar.  I went last night & I think I found a new favorite place to hang out.   Love the Deli and it's variety of groceries, the sandwiches are excellent and the space is wonderful.  The bar is gorgeous!!!   Love the lounge seating in from of the numerous flat screen TVs. I think this place will do well.