Nebraska Medicine

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28473
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby Brad » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:46 pm

Aerial Photo Update:

1.
Image

2.
Image

3.
Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20625
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby Coyote » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:27 pm

Nice shots. But what stands out for me is how much the Munroe-Meyer Institue is now a sitting duck for development!
Image

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 5200
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby skinzfan23 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Coyote wrote:Nice shots. But what stands out for me is how much the Munroe-Meyer Institue is now a sitting duck for development!

If that is the building north of the cancer center....I completely agree.

nebraska
Home Owners Association
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby nebraska » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:34 am

I don't have my own fancy helicopter, but I can stand on the roof of a parking garage...

Image
Image
Image

(link to imgur)
Last edited by nebraska on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28473
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby Brad » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:03 am

nebraska wrote:I don't have my own fancy helicopter, but I can stand on the roof of a parking garage...


Ha, I wish I had a helicopter. Just paid Heartland Helicopter to fly me around.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8856
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby iamjacobm » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:06 pm

iEXCEL getting close? Planning board mention about UNMC redevelopment NE of 42nd and Leavenworth.
Last edited by iamjacobm on Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSizlack
Home Owners Association
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby MSizlack » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:57 pm

As of last Friday, they still had not found out if they would be getting federal money for a 4th floor on it.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8856
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:16 pm

Med Center keeps chugging along.

http://www.livewellnebraska.com/health/omaha-may-chip-in-million-to-help-build-unmc-s/article_b60f7918-43eb-11e6-bac2-ef18ce80f2d5.html

The city would pay $10.7 million toward the expected $102 million cost of the university’s Global Center for Advanced Interprofessional Learning in a proposal presented to the Omaha Planning Board.

The board voted 6-0, with no questions or debate, to recommend that the City Council approve the proposal.

The center would house the iEXCEL Program. That’s short for the Interprofessional Experiential Center for Enduring Learning.

The facility would, among other things, offer health care training, education and research with cutting-edge simulation technology.

It would be built at 42nd and Emile Streets on the UNMC campus. The center would connect via skywalks to the university’s Michael F. Sorrel Center for Health Science Education and the Lauritzen Outpatient Center.


Image

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby bigredmed » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:23 am

This more detailed sim center would offer a good resource for first responders (both employed and volunteer) to get training in advanced life support and trauma support. The center would also offer people a good location for communication drills and other less intense things that require practice at different levels. For example, the back up communication system using amateur radio needs practice on sites, but also needs more practice in terms of handling complex and foreign terms. If we had a place were we could simulate an event and have comms travel from room A to room B, this practice need could be met without rolling Ham Radios out all over Omaha.

Down side of advanced sim centers is that several locations (Stanford, for one) have found that nurses trained in 3D sim centers did no better in real world codes that nurses trained in conventional systems.

Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3611
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby Greg S » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:27 am

Isn't this the second project that Omaha has kick in millions for at the med center? Was the cancer center the other one? I'm not necessarily against this, but it seems to be a new trend.

Greg

User avatar
Taco
Home Owners Association
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:34 am

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby Taco » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Has the iEXCEL restaurant been rotated in the newest renderings?

User avatar
choke
Human Relations
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby choke » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:36 pm

iamjacobm wrote:Med Center keeps chugging along.

http://www.livewellnebraska.com/health/omaha-may-chip-in-million-to-help-build-unmc-s/article_b60f7918-43eb-11e6-bac2-ef18ce80f2d5.html

The city would pay $10.7 million toward the expected $102 million cost of the university’s Global Center for Advanced Interprofessional Learning in a proposal presented to the Omaha Planning Board.

The board voted 6-0, with no questions or debate, to recommend that the City Council approve the proposal.




The center would house the iEXCEL Program. That’s short for the Interprofessional Experiential Center for Enduring Learning.

The facility would, among other things, offer health care training, education and research with cutting-edge simulation technology.

It would be built at 42nd and Emile Streets on the UNMC campus. The center would connect via skywalks to the university’s Michael F. Sorrel Center for Health Science Education and the Lauritzen Outpatient Center.


Image



Just gonna wait for the public backlash.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8856
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby iamjacobm » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Greg S wrote:Isn't this the second project that Omaha has kick in millions for at the med center? Was the cancer center the other one? I'm not necessarily against this, but it seems to be a new trend.

Greg


The article said that some of the private donors wanted the city to get involved. Also about half what the city is chipping in is going to redo the Saddle Creek and Leavenworth intersection.

User avatar
Taco
Home Owners Association
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:34 am

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby Taco » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:09 am

In the most recent planning board minutes, they approved the vacation of many streets on the UNMC campus. For those with more knowledge of urban planning lingo, what does this mean?

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1702
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Midtown Crossing

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby HR Paperstacks » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:38 am

Taco wrote:In the most recent planning board minutes, they approved the vacation of many streets on the UNMC campus. For those with more knowledge of urban planning lingo, what does this mean?

They get a nice trip to Cancun!

But seriously I'm pretty sure that means they are going to close and tear them out. Which streets are they?

User avatar
Taco
Home Owners Association
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:34 am

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby Taco » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:44 pm

HR Paperstacks wrote:
Taco wrote:In the most recent planning board minutes, they approved the vacation of many streets on the UNMC campus. For those with more knowledge of urban planning lingo, what does this mean?


But seriously I'm pretty sure that means they are going to close and tear them out. Which streets are they?


That would be a lot of streets. Here's a direct quote:

"Vacation of Emile Street from the east rightof-way line of Saddle Creek Road to the west right-of-way line of 42nd Street, 45th Street from the north right-of-way line of Emile Street to the north right-of-way line of Dewey Avenue, including the traffic circle, Dewey Avenue from the west right-of-way line of 45th Street to the east right-of-way line of 44th Street, and 44th Street from the south right-of-way line of Dewey Avenue to the south right-of-way line of Farnam Street."

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1702
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Midtown Crossing

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby HR Paperstacks » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:56 pm

Taco wrote:
HR Paperstacks wrote:
Taco wrote:In the most recent planning board minutes, they approved the vacation of many streets on the UNMC campus. For those with more knowledge of urban planning lingo, what does this mean?


But seriously I'm pretty sure that means they are going to close and tear them out. Which streets are they?


That would be a lot of streets. Here's a direct quote:

"Vacation of Emile Street from the east rightof-way line of Saddle Creek Road to the west right-of-way line of 42nd Street, 45th Street from the north right-of-way line of Emile Street to the north right-of-way line of Dewey Avenue, including the traffic circle, Dewey Avenue from the west right-of-way line of 45th Street to the east right-of-way line of 44th Street, and 44th Street from the south right-of-way line of Dewey Avenue to the south right-of-way line of Farnam Street."

Sounds like this is something to give the property to the surrounding property owners. So it seems like UNMC just wants to take over the streets but not necessarily tear them out.

http://www.cityofomaha.org/pw/index.php ... nformation

The City has a particular process for vacating a right of way and change/releasing easements for property within the zoning jurisdiction of the City of Omaha. The Omaha Municipal Code addresses the Vacation of a Right of Way in Sec. 26-45 and Easements in Sec. 27-1.

Vacation Authority

Sec. 26-45. - Vacation of streets generally.

The city is authorized to vacate or narrow any street, highway, main thoroughfare, controlled access facility, connecting link, boulevard, major traffic street, or alley upon petition of the owners of 75 percent of the taxable frontage feet abutting upon such street or alley proposed to be vacated and asking for such vacation, or the city, for purposes of construction of a controlled access highway, or to conform to a master plan of the city, may, without petition having been filed therefore, vacate any street or alley or any part thereof in the city.

Image

guest2017
Home Owners Association
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 7:02 am

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby guest2017 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:32 pm

HR Paperstacks wrote:
Taco wrote:
HR Paperstacks wrote:
Taco wrote:In the most recent planning board minutes, they approved the vacation of many streets on the UNMC campus. For those with more knowledge of urban planning lingo, what does this mean?


But seriously I'm pretty sure that means they are going to close and tear them out. Which streets are they?


That would be a lot of streets. Here's a direct quote:

"Vacation of Emile Street from the east rightof-way line of Saddle Creek Road to the west right-of-way line of 42nd Street, 45th Street from the north right-of-way line of Emile Street to the north right-of-way line of Dewey Avenue, including the traffic circle, Dewey Avenue from the west right-of-way line of 45th Street to the east right-of-way line of 44th Street, and 44th Street from the south right-of-way line of Dewey Avenue to the south right-of-way line of Farnam Street."

Sounds like this is something to give the property to the surrounding property owners. So it seems like UNMC just wants to take over the streets but not necessarily tear them out.

http://www.cityofomaha.org/pw/index.php ... nformation

The City has a particular process for vacating a right of way and change/releasing easements for property within the zoning jurisdiction of the City of Omaha. The Omaha Municipal Code addresses the Vacation of a Right of Way in Sec. 26-45 and Easements in Sec. 27-1.

Vacation Authority

Sec. 26-45. - Vacation of streets generally.

The city is authorized to vacate or narrow any street, highway, main thoroughfare, controlled access facility, connecting link, boulevard, major traffic street, or alley upon petition of the owners of 75 percent of the taxable frontage feet abutting upon such street or alley proposed to be vacated and asking for such vacation, or the city, for purposes of construction of a controlled access highway, or to conform to a master plan of the city, may, without petition having been filed therefore, vacate any street or alley or any part thereof in the city.

Image


This doesn't mean they will tear them out - though it doesn't mean they will keep them either. Creighton did this and now you have their "malls." We can probably assume Emile street will remain in some capacity - as it's the major thoroughfare.

The others is the 45th - Dewey - 44th cut through of campus. This isn't a major thoroughfare and also presents traffic hazards between people walking on campus, notably from the research buildings. It wouldn't surprise me if they removed the street and put a "mall" in like Creighton did.

Vacating just gives UNMC the chance to, using their own money, do whatever they want in terms of satisfying their master plan.

nebraska
Home Owners Association
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby nebraska » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:22 am

This doesn't mean they will tear them out - though it doesn't mean they will keep them either. Creighton did this and now you have their "malls." We can probably assume Emile street will remain in some capacity - as it's the major thoroughfare.

The others is the 45th - Dewey - 44th cut through of campus. This isn't a major thoroughfare and also presents traffic hazards between people walking on campus, notably from the research buildings. It wouldn't surprise me if they removed the street and put a "mall" in like Creighton did.

Vacating just gives UNMC the chance to, using their own money, do whatever they want in terms of satisfying their master plan.


It would surprise me if they turned 45th between Emile and Dewey into a pedestrian mall. Someone has already poured new concrete for a road between Emile and the entrance of the patients parking garage.

There is an existing skywalk over 45th between the Cancer Center and Durham Tower 1. I can imagine there will be a pedestrian right of way crossing on 45th, same as on 42 between Witson hall and Sorrell Center.

MSizlack
Home Owners Association
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby MSizlack » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:41 pm

In the near future they are wanting to take over 44th street from farnam to Dewey for future ER expansion. Farther out, Dewey north of the cancer center and 45th street (all the streets except Farnam that surround JP lord and/Monroe Meyer will most likely be removed.

nebraska
Home Owners Association
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby nebraska » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:22 pm

A lot of the construction stuff has been removed from street level and the new street is coming along.

Image
Image

OmahaFan
Home Owners Association
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby OmahaFan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:15 pm

I have a feeling that UNMC will continue to have explosive growth along Saddle Creek Rd. I'm glad they are expanding as quickly as they are, it shows Omaha and even Nebraska is becoming a big player in the Medical field's. My hope is that this construction continue's and continues to make UNMC a world class Hospital that it is! I heard that they are applying for a Federal grant for a EBOLA training center at one of there new construction projects ( Global Center for Advanced Inter-professional Learning center) if they do get the federal funds it could make the building 4-5 stories tall! I'm thinking this is pretty a good bet that we might get the grant over other Medical facilities simply due to the fact that they successfully treated 3 Ebola patients! Though Emory I think treated 1 more then UNMC but still it's pretty amazing that UNMC was able to help during that crisis and had no major issues while doing it!

Here is the New's article I'm talking about!

http://www.omaha.com/livewellnebraska/u ... 57201.html

nebraska
Home Owners Association
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby nebraska » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:17 am

Less seen side, the CL Werner wing

Werner.jpg
Werner.jpg (169.54 KiB) Viewed 2814 times

nebraska
Home Owners Association
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby nebraska » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:31 pm

NebMed continues destruction on the west side. These two pictures are circled in red on this map.

Image
AmericanBank.jpg
AmericanBank.jpg (126.89 KiB) Viewed 2778 times

somebuilding.jpg
somebuilding.jpg (150.69 KiB) Viewed 2778 times


And lest we forget, the Lauritzen Outpatient Center. This building is expected to start occupancy maybe November.

Lauritzen.jpg
Lauritzen.jpg (126.74 KiB) Viewed 2778 times

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28473
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby Brad » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:36 pm

Outpatient Center was looking nice this morning:
1.
Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

nebraska
Home Owners Association
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby nebraska » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:45 pm

Do you see kids, the difference a good camera and years of experience makes?

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8856
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby iamjacobm » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:55 pm

nebraska wrote:NebMed continues destruction on the west side. These two pictures are circled in red on this map.


I believe that will be the new American National branch.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8856
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby iamjacobm » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:56 pm

nebraska wrote:Do you see kids, the difference a good camera and years of experience makes?


I appreciate all kinds of photo updates!

MSizlack
Home Owners Association
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby MSizlack » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:45 am

Heard that the UNMC hotel that was going to be built on 42/Farnam will now be built on 42/Leavenworth.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28473
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby Brad » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:02 am

MSizlack wrote:Heard that the UNMC hotel that was going to be built on 42/Farnam will now be built on 42/Leavenworth.


Where the old car dealership is?

In other news, the temporary helicopter landing pad has been turned back in to a parking lot.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

nebraska
Home Owners Association
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby nebraska » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:15 pm

This is where the 80' glass tower will go, in that new roundabout. (larger: http://imgur.com/2E83gTg)

Image

hatwate
Home Owners Association
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 pm
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby hatwate » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:16 pm

UNMC's helipad at Farnam and Saddle Creek is back to being a parking lot.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28473
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby Brad » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:14 pm

hatwate wrote:UNMC's helipad at Farnam and Saddle Creek is back to being a parking lot.


That happened a couple months ago.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1702
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: Midtown Crossing

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby HR Paperstacks » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:17 pm

MSizlack wrote:Heard that the UNMC hotel that was going to be built on 42/Farnam will now be built on 42/Leavenworth.

They dropped plans for the 42nd and Farnam hotel but did mention exploring a different site.

UNMC drops plans for new hotel at 42nd and Farnam

Cindy Gonzalez / World-Herald staff writer wrote:The spot along Farnam between 42nd and 44th Streets turned out to be too tricky or costly to tackle.

“There were too many engineering challenges,” said Deb Thomas, vice chancellor for business and finance at UNMC. As earlier proposed, a seven-story hotel was to rise east of the Clarkson Doctors Building South, on land used as a surface parking lot, an odd curved street and an empty bank branch.

Ken Hansen, associate vice chancellor of campus facilities for UNMC and Nebraska Medicine, said the medical center still wants a hotel built on campus to serve growing needs.

MadJack
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby MadJack » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:20 pm

There is a good chance the hotel, which will be a full-service Marriott, will be built at what most would consider a surprising location. The Med Center and Tetrad are seriously interested in carving the hotel into the side of a hill immediately northwest of the new Cancer Center. It would go right up to Saddlecreek Road. The Med Center wants the Marriott to be connected via skywalk to the cancer center. When I first heard this from my source (an executive at the Med Center), I was somewhat skeptical about the feasibility, but after walking the site, I actually think it would work just fine.

nebraska
Home Owners Association
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby nebraska » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:20 pm

So, 1.5 blocks south of the Home2 hotel, and in front of the 80' glass sculpture? There is a small MUD building on Saddle Creek. I assume that's important.

Image

MadJack
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby MadJack » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:52 pm

nebraska wrote:So, 1.5 blocks south of the Home2 hotel, and in front of the 80' glass sculpture? There is a small MUD building on Saddle Creek. I assume that's important.

Image


Yep, that's the exact spot. Interesting, huh?

User avatar
choke
Human Relations
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby choke » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:19 pm

MadJack wrote:There is a good chance the hotel, which will be a full-service Marriott, will be built at what most would consider a surprising location. The Med Center and Tetrad are seriously interested in carving the hotel into the side of a hill immediately northwest of the new Cancer Center. It would go right up to Saddlecreek Road. The Med Center wants the Marriott to be connected via skywalk to the cancer center. When I first heard this from my source (an executive at the Med Center), I was somewhat skeptical about the feasibility, but after walking the site, I actually think it would work just fine.



That's better than the original plan (maybe not for the Hilton, though). If the hotel is meant to be for the cancer patients and their families, plus visiting physicians, then a hotel with a skywalk connected to the cancer center is ideal. Why battle the elements?

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7876
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby MTO » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Chihuli

Image
Image
15-17, 26, 32

Lillian Bean
Home Owners Association
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:52 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Nebraska Medicine

Postby Lillian Bean » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:11 am

http://www.omaha.com/money/charlie-grah ... 94f4a.html

In store for midtown Omaha’s 42nd and Leavenworth Streets: a major makeover.

The shift would wipe out an art deco-style auto shop that’s been a fixture on the intersection’s northwest corner for five decades. A replacement is to rise on a diagonal corner.

That opens the way for the University of Nebraska Medical Center to create a “grand” southern entrance to its expanding campus, most likely a green space with some identifying flair.
Thinking there's not a whole lot to say anymore now that people listen & she has to make sense.


Return to “Urban Omaha Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests