Dundee Property update - article in OWH 4.16.06

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

djc311
Parks & Recreation

Dundee Property update - article in OWH 4.16.06

Post by djc311 »

Well, with all of this discussion lately on the emptiness of the Dundee business district on Underwood, I found it quite ironic to see this article today in the paper - http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46&u_sid=2152387

I knew the Ruge family held a tight grip on the property that was once the Hardware store and many of the spaces to the west. However, I didn't know they were at each other's throats on who should do what with it!

I've been researching the possibility of us placing one of our stores in that area, but it's been a long road to travel considering there isn't a lot of independent property owners. From the article, it appears that they will be either selling or auctioning off the properties. Man, I would sure love to actually be able to purchase a space up there. It would be a great thing to actually own one of our stores' spaces instead of having to continuously lease them!

Anybody have $1 to donate? As a matter of fact, if we could either get 1 million people to donate a measley $1 to our "Build it, they will come" foundation, or only 100,000 ppl to drop off $10 each, we'd have a million buckaroos to put into a space up there....Any takers??? :D