Hyatt Place (12th and Jackson)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Trees and landscaping going in today.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

skinzfan23 wrote:Trees and landscaping going in today.
Saw that as well.  Also according to Hyatt's reservation page they are accepting reservations for the Old Market Hyatt Place from Dec 28th and beyond.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

swgiust
Library Board

Restaruant?

Post by swgiust »

Any word on what is going inside? Will it be a hotel run restaurant? Is there space for lease? Or will it just be a continental breakfast?
Brad
City Council

Re: Restaruant?

Post by Brad »

swgiust wrote:Any word on what is going inside? Will it be a hotel run restaurant? Is there space for lease? Or will it just be a continental breakfast?
Brad said back a few pages wrote:When I asked if the Old Market Hyatt would have a restaurant:
Nope - All Hyatt Place hotels have 24 hour kiosk Grab-n-go food (Pizza, sandwiches, apps, etc) that can be charged to your key card.. but they're something you'd just eat in the lobby or take to your room. This is a Hyatt PLACE - not a full service Hyatt (think Courtyard vs. full Marriott). Hope that helps!
Varsity
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Varsity »

It does look like there are three or four storefronts with separate doors on street level. I wonder if those are just for show or if it's space for lease? Anything that adds more things to do and see in the OM is very welcome. Fingers crossed. Anyone know anything about that?
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Varsity wrote:It does look like there are three or four storefronts with separate doors on street level. I wonder if those are just for show or if it's space for lease? Anything that adds more things to do and see in the OM is very welcome. Fingers crossed. Anyone know anything about that?
My guess is that those are just emergency exists.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Nope, gave it a walk around today and there isn't anything to add to the retail portion of the OM.  The south side of the building is about as unfriendly as it gets pedestrian wise and the east edge looks like it might have a small patio for the people staying at the hotel.  This will for sure add a few bodies to the Old Market with the guests, but it is one of the rare dead corners in the area.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

I know a lot of people don't like it, but I do.  It looks impressive compared to its surroundings, and even though there aren't the store fronts everyone hoped for, it will still add people to that area that will go out into the old market.  I don't think it is as big of a 'miss' as everyone else.
Go Cubs Go
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

thenewguy wrote:I know a lot of people don't like it, but I do.  It looks impressive compared to its surroundings, and even though there aren't the store fronts everyone hoped for, it will still add people to that area that will go out into the old market.  I don't think it is as big of a 'miss' as everyone else.
Remember, it could always be like the three hotels in North Downtown.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

RNcyanide wrote:
thenewguy wrote:I know a lot of people don't like it, but I do.  It looks impressive compared to its surroundings, and even though there aren't the store fronts everyone hoped for, it will still add people to that area that will go out into the old market.  I don't think it is as big of a 'miss' as everyone else.
Remember, it could always be like the three hotels in North Downtown.
It almost was.  Despite its flaws I love this project.
FrontlineOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by FrontlineOmaha »

HR Paperstacks wrote:
Varsity wrote:It does look like there are three or four storefronts with separate doors on street level. I wonder if those are just for show or if it's space for lease? Anything that adds more things to do and see in the OM is very welcome. Fingers crossed. Anyone know anything about that?
My guess is that those are just emergency exists.
You are correct, just emergency exits.  The main floor of the building is a large meeting room, a couple of offices, the lobby, swimming pool, fitness center kitchen and eating area.  There is no space for any third party retail.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Re: Restaruant?

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Brad wrote:
swgiust wrote:Any word on what is going inside? Will it be a hotel run restaurant? Is there space for lease? Or will it just be a continental breakfast?
Brad said back a few pages wrote:When I asked if the Old Market Hyatt would have a restaurant:
Nope - All Hyatt Place hotels have 24 hour kiosk Grab-n-go food (Pizza, sandwiches, apps, etc) that can be charged to your key card.. but they're something you'd just eat in the lobby or take to your room. This is a Hyatt PLACE - not a full service Hyatt (think Courtyard vs. full Marriott). Hope that helps!
Hyatt Place hotels serve a hot breakfast buffet.  It is small but a lot higher quality than a standard buffet in a lower level hotel.  The Grab-n-go kiosk usually have a couple variety of bottled beer the eating area serves as a hotel bar of a type in the evenings.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I don't know, that's just what a friend that works for Hyatt said.  
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

I am not disagreeing with you.  You are correct it is not a full service restaurant or a full service bar.  It is however much more than a continental breakfast or a cooler full drinks.  I have stayed at Hyatt places a few time and they had high-end furnishings and excellent service.  It is a nice addition to the old market.  Especially since business travelers will be in the Old Market on weekday evenings when the Old Market can be a little slow.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I noticed that there are small LED lights on the underside of the overhang at the top of the southeast side of the building.  They have been white, but I wonder if they are able to change the color if they want.  

Maybe someone can take a picture of them at night sometime.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

skinzfan23 wrote:I noticed that there are small LED lights on the underside of the overhang at the top of the southeast side of the building.  They have been white, but I wonder if they are able to change the color if they want.  

Maybe someone can take a picture of them at night sometime.
Its on my "to do list".  I thought about it last night, but I did the Joslyn instead.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

iamjacobm wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:Trees and landscaping going in today.
Saw that as well.  Also according to Hyatt's reservation page they are accepting reservations for the Old Market Hyatt Place from Dec 28th and beyond.
Strike that.  Their reservation page now says taking reservations for Dec 1st and beyond.

Also they website says parking in the garage for guests is $10 a day.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

According to reps from the hotel at the Koman Race yesterday @ the CenturyLink Center, they are opening on November 1.  They were handing out vouchers with a code for 25% off a stay through Dec 31st I think.  I will look and try to post the code in case anyone is interested in staying there and using it.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Signage is going up on the north side of the building.  I will try to get a picture before the Creighton open house.
schumatt
Home Owners Association

Post by schumatt »

skinzfan23 wrote: I will look and try to post the code in case anyone is interested in staying there and using it.
I would be interested in the code if you wouldn't mind posting it. If you'd rather PM it, that's fine too. Thanks!
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

schumatt wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote: I will look and try to post the code in case anyone is interested in staying there and using it.
I would be interested in the code if you wouldn't mind posting it. If you'd rather PM it, that's fine too. Thanks!
The offer code is: RACEHP

It states that the offer is good from 12/1/13 through 3/31/14.  Reservations must be made by 1/31/14.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

That shot with the new apartment building is great!
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

iamjacobm wrote:That shot with the new apartment building is great!
Thank you.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

So crazy how much better this block looks.
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation

Post by ShawJ »

Linkin5 wrote:
So crazy how much better this block looks.

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Thanks for all the updates.  

I drove by the Hyatt before the Creighton Open House and didn't see the sign, but I didn't look at the back of the building either.  The front was looking good with the trees in and the awnings installed.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Two signs up on the south side.  Just snapped a couple photos.  I am working at the gallery today with no WIFI, but I think I can transfer the photos to my phone and get them posted.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Got it. Camera to computer to phone.

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Here is another one of the signs.

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Nice :thumb:

How recent are those light fixtures in the Old Market landscape? Are they adding them in more locations?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Nice :thumb:

How recent are those light fixtures in the Old Market landscape? Are they adding them in more locations?
OPPD has slowly been installing them for a few years...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Anyone know their master plan? Is this just for the Old Market? What is their boundary?
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I was disappointed how tiny the trees are that were planted outside the hotel.  Compare them to the dozen or more much larger, 15 to 20 foot tall trees planted along the street in front of the Lexus dealership on West Dodge Rd.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

The 2 signs on the east side of the building went up today, meaning all signage is up except for the sign at the top of east side of the building shown in the rendering.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

skinzfan23 wrote:The 2 signs on the east side of the building went up today, meaning all signage is up except for the sign at the top of east side of the building shown in the rendering.
That sign is up now.  Lots of signs on this building, but it is looking a lot better as the finishing touches go on.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I don't know why it does that so I'll just blame Brad for it.