A funny thing happened at work today...

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

almighty_tuna
City Council

A funny thing happened at work today...

Post by almighty_tuna »

...The good people from the riverfront condo development came by Gallup to talk to us about what they are building next door. I just happen to have a copy of this presentation from one of our meeting rooms on vhs. 8)

It is a 50min presentation which talks about many specifics of the project from land usage, renderings, etc. I will not give anything away from this EXCEPT to assure everyone that this project is not contingent on the pedestrian bridge. It will be built with or without the bridge. I just finished screening it for myself and this is an absolute must see.

Now, you are asking yourself HOW can I see this incredible video?! Well, for just $29.95...ok no, I'm kidding. As I'm unable to attend the forum meet this Saturday I will make this available to that group to watch it if they would like (Jeff, PM me!) as a perk of attending the gathering. Plus its really the only feasable way that more than one person can watch it. After that, one of us will post a summary so that everyone will at least receive the info about the project.

Also, they've apparently re-launched their website (http://www.riverfrontplace.com) but after a quick look it doesn't seem as if they are done with it yet.

Adam

(Oh, and with all this talk about assless chaps, I now feel as if I'm pimping "Developers Gone Wild!")
projectman
Human Relations

Post by projectman »

I feel an info-mercial coming on! This is interesting news tuna. At least that makes me more confident that the condos will move forward but I'm still worried about the bridge. I hope the bridge is still on track.

Who's your daddy?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Jeff! Jeff!
ooooooooh!
PM PM PM!
Alert, Alert!!!
edsas
Human Relations

Post by edsas »

Tuna,

Do you do calls for Gallup? The reason I ask is because someone from Gallup called me today and surveyed me about my stay at Glendale Memorial Hospital. Maybe it was you. Wouldn't that be freaky? :P
j4nu
Home Owners Association

Post by j4nu »

Nice looking website, great intro. Still not alot of substance to it but it looks nice.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I think probably start working for Gallup on Monday. So it'll probably be me calling you edsas. :)
DTO
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Nope, I don't do the calling. I tried that about 9yrs ago and found out quickly that it was not for me.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Did you get my email tuna?
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Yeah, sorry i haven't replied yet. I'm holding out on word from Ross. We may want to resched the drop off for tomorrow.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Ok, I have some unfortunate news for you all. There was a confidentiality agreement in effect for yesterday's presentation which I wasn't made aware of until late this afternoon. At this point the video will not be shown at Saturday's forum meet. If I receive the go-ahead by tomorrow afternoon then great, but for now the wedding is off. Sorry to get you all excited and drop this kind of news, but for now there's nothing I can do about it.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Some good news! Ross Robb, of Benton/Robb Development, was kind enough to give permission for viewing his presentation this Saturday at the forum meet. Also, I encourage everyone to sign up at http://www.riverfrontplace.com for the VIP list, which includes perks suchs as invitations to project events like the upcoming Grand Opening!

A word to those viewing the presentation. The renderings and 3D models you will see are not the final versions. The architects at RDG will be completing the 3D imaging and virtual reality presentation in 3-4 weeks. But we get to view a sneak peek!

So, particularly good news tonight! I hope you guys get as excited about this as I did. Cheers

Adam
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Adam,

Thank You!
Thank You!
Thank You!

This will be so cool.

Mark
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

I also say THANK YOU!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963