Skinner Macaroni Building

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Skinner Macaroni Building

Post by Guest »

The Skinner Macaroni Building was sold to America First Properties this week.  Chances are it will not go condo but will remain apartments.  This deal has been brewing for several months.  I assume an official announcement will be coming soon.

Post by Guest »

Any more info about this?
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

The deal closed today according to my property manager (Beebe Runyan is managed by AFPM).  It will remain apartments for the foreseeable future.  An interesting side note - the car wash on 13th and Jackson (the one that Cubbies sells washes to) was included in the sale, as it was owned by the Skinner building owner as well.  

I always assumed that Cubbies owned the car wash  :?  Oops.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Hopefully they will knock that eyesore down and put in something useful on the site.

-Big E
Stable genius.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Like a QT!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

America First invests in local apartments

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1 ... d=10226310
An Omaha company that historically has owned and managed multifamily properties across the country is taking more interest in local properties, buying three in downtown since March.

Separate limited liability corporations controlled by America First Real Estate Group have purchased the Orpheum Tower Apartments at the southeast corner of 16th and Harney Streets, the Skinner Macaroni Apartments at 14th and Jackson Streets and the Old Market Car Wash at 13th and Jones Streets.

Dominic Vaccaro, vice president of America First Real Estate Group, a division of the Burlington Capital Group, said the properties will remain in their current uses, but he also called the properties long-term investments.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

maybe now America First will build that speculated tower ;)  If they like Omaha so much, maybe they are setting up shop here soon
Go Cubs Go
NDizona
Library Board

Post by NDizona »

http://www.rpapc.com/SaleOfTheMonth.htm

it made my sale of the month.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Skinner Macaroni Building

Post by iamjacobm »

The property wanting to rezone from DS to CBD
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

iamjacobm wrote:The property wanting to rezone from DS to CBD
What is DS? Is it the Skinner property they're wanting to rezone?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Downtown Service District. I am sure being in the CBD holds different codes, but I have always had trouble finding specific info on that.

EDIT: CBD doesn't have parking minimums. I wonder if they have plans for their parking lot on this property...
Midwestern
Home Owners Association

Post by Midwestern »

iamjacobm wrote:EDIT: CBD doesn't have parking minimums.  I wonder if they have plans for their parking lot on this property...
This would be a great place for a new mixed-use development. Hopefully that's what this is all about.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Is the Skinner Building mostly Apartments? Would there be a conversion about to happen here?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:Is the Skinner Building mostly Apartments? Would there be a conversion about to happen here?
The apartment finishes are pretty dated. The old 90s white paneling cabinets and all.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

Midwestern wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:EDIT: CBD doesn't have parking minimums.  I wonder if they have plans for their parking lot on this property...
This would be a great place for a new mixed-use development. Hopefully that's what this is all about.
I think so too. That would be the perfect location for another residential building or hotel.