22 Floors (formerly called Blue Lofts)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

RegisResident wrote:
OmahaChef wrote:Maybe this could serve as a wake up call to developers that there is more of a demand for apartments in the downtown area.  I can not help but notice how fast the apartments at Mid Town Crossing are leasing, especially compared to how fast or how slowly) the condos there are selling.  You can get a new condo in almost every project that has been started in this decade, but when apartments become available in places like the Old Market Lofts, The Greenhouse or Orpheum Tower, they get snapped up rather quickly.  In other cities, mid and high rise apartment projects are being built, and being leased out.  Here we seem to think the only viable option downtown is a condo.
Does anyone know how quickly the apartments are leasing in the Brandeis building? Granted, the first floor of that building is still a construction zone but I didn't know if they were getting units leased quickly even with the construction.
Based on the number of lights on in the units at night, it seems to have filled up rather well.  I rather like looking over and seeing the windows all lit.  A few weeks ago I was by the front at night and it looked equally lived in.  Except for the condo floor(s) of course.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I noticed a new store front.  DiGiorgios Sportswear when I went by there today.  I didn't know what it was, but it looks like it is a local place started in Millard.(It may have been in the Film Streams building I went by quick and just glanced at it.)
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:I noticed a new store front.  DiGiorgios Sportswear when I went by there today.  I didn't know what it was, but it looks like it is a local place started in Millard.(It may have been in the Film Streams building I went by quick and just glanced at it.)
I use to work with the DiGiorgios back in the day at Grisanti's.  They are actually going to have 3 stores around the CWS this year.  One next to Greenstreets, one in the Baseball Village at the Matt and I forget where the third was going.  Their original store was over by the Pizza Machine but a couple years ago they built a new store on Q Street.  Good People.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I met with a couple of the people from DiGiorgio's today.  The north downtown store is open this week limited hours but should be open reqular hours starting next week.  The store is actually in the same building as Film Streams, not 22 floors so I need to split these posts off in to another thread.

They also have "JaySker" Shirts for sale:

Coyote
City Council

Re: 22 Floors (formerly called Blue Lofts)

Post by Coyote »

I have heard of a new bar going in 22 Floors called Lefty's.
mattl181
Home Owners Association

Post by mattl181 »

Coyote wrote:I have heard of a new bar going in 22 Floors called Lefty's.
Any idea what bay this is going in?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

mattl181 wrote:
Any idea what bay this is going in?
At first I thought it was the former Greenstreet Cycles bay, but now I am not sure, I've been by there several times recently on my way to the Yard, but I have not stopped to check it out yet.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Looks like Lefty's will be going into the Bay to the west of True Blue, where art studio used to be.
justnick
Human Relations

Post by justnick »

Coyote wrote:Looks like Lefty's will be going into the Bay to the west of True Blue, where art studio used to be.
that's such a tiny space! unless there's a wall behind it. or are they doing anything upstairs? it's a live/work space. or at least that's how it's been.

so is there anything going into the old green street then? they took down all the rent/lease signs a few months back and covered the windows and have been doing a lot of work inside..
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I was just guessing there since the windows recently were covered and I think Lefty's was listed at 1324...
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/go/nightlife-notes ... 92d01.html
The owners of J.D. Tucker’s and The Stadium Club in the Old Market plan to open another bar in north downtown.

Kevin and Bonnie Culjat will open Lefty O’Toole’s, a sports bar, at 1314 Mike Fahey St.

The spot will feature 32 beers on tap and a bevy of 60-inch plasma TVs to watch sports.

Kevin Culjat said he plans for the bar to be open by St. Patrick’s Day.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Picture from their facebook from St Patrick's Day.

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

We tried out Lefty O'Toole's this weekend. Not a bad spot. Your typical sports bar/Irish pub combination, attempting to cater to several crowds at once. While the TV array was impressive, the one fault is that they're all over the bar, so if you're stuck with a seat on the wrong side of a table, you can't see a TV anywhere...

Decent drink specials, and okay service. It was fairly crowded, but much of the bar was 1 big birthday party... This place will make a killing CWS time though, and a fun place throughout the summer, with most of the front of the building garage doors that can be opened to the outside...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Wow, I totally didn't remember this place until I looked again at this thread...

Here is a photo from Tonight: