Charles Schwab Field Omaha (TDAPO)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

HskrFanMike wrote:I assume they are working on the drainage.
Where there issues?  I know it flooded that one morning, but other than that, everything seemed to be fine?

Did the Nighthawks do much damage?  I was not at the last game so I didn't get to see it at the end.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

IIRC, it was stated that the field would be re-sodded every year after the Nighthawks' season was over. There weren't any drainage issues I was aware of but the field was getting a bit rough toward the end of the football season. There were grounds crews spreading grass clippings in spots near home plate for aesthetics before the football games.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Top 25 New Places to Stay, Eat and Play

http://www.midwestliving.com/travel/int ... ns/#page=9
Midwest Living wrote:In 2011, the NCAA Men's College World Series left its home at Rosenblatt Stadium. We miss the small-town feel of that historic park by the Henry Doorly Zoo, but we must admit, the event's new 24,000-seat $131 million brick home next to the Qwest Center is pretty sweet.
SaveOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by SaveOmaha »

Hotel Deco and The Grey Plume were mentioned in the article as well.
Last edited by SaveOmaha on Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

OmahaJosh618 wrote:Hotel Deco and The Grey Plume were mentioned in the article as well. Sweet!
I posted it in their threads too.
SaveOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by SaveOmaha »

I noticed that. Thanks, Brad!
Last edited by SaveOmaha on Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

New Omaha stadium profitable

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120106/N ... profitable
Jeffrey Robb WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Omaha's new stadium generated a net operating profit of $5.6 million in its first official fiscal year, according to a new financial report, and was more than able to cover the ballpark's contributions to its debt payments.

"The stadium is paying its way as we said it was going to," said Roger Dixon, president and CEO of the Metropolitan Entertainment and Convention Authority, which runs TD Ameritrade Park.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

Does this mean all the whiners who complained that it would be a big money-wasting boondoggle will admit they were wrong?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Nighthawk Setup:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

TDAPO was selected as the 2012 College Baseball Field of the Year by SportTurfManagers Association!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Stadium Journey Announces 101 Best Stadium Experiences of 2012

http://www.prlog.org/12058734-stadium-j ... -2012.html

#13 - TD Ameritrade Park Omaha
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

I noticed tonight at my Prom that they must be able to do some interesting things with the lights. Ameritrade, the CLink, and Bob Kerrey Bridge were all a blue green combo for Millard North Prom.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

That's the nice thing about programmable LED lighting.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Axel wrote:I noticed tonight at my Prom that they must be able to do some interesting things with the lights. Ameritrade, the CLink, and Bob Kerrey Bridge were all a blue green combo for Millard North Prom.
It was for Autism Awareness.... Not a prom!
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

Really? The autism awareness colors look like a multi color puzzle... huh... interesting coincidence then!
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

CenturyLink Center ‏@centurylinkoma 4 Apr. We are proud to participate in "Light It Up Blue" for Autism Awareness. Our lights will be blue until Sunday, April 7th!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Axel wrote:Really? The autism awareness colors look like a multi color puzzle... huh... interesting coincidence then!
You have never seen this anywhere???

matt
New to the Neighborhood

Post by matt »

I recognize the puzzle. I have not seen the clink at night yet.
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

Brad wrote:
Axel wrote:Really? The autism awareness colors look like a multi color puzzle... huh... interesting coincidence then!

That's what I was referencing when I said multi colored puzzle hahaha. The colors of the Stadium etc. were just blue and green, leading me to think it was Millard North.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Axel wrote:
Brad wrote:

That's what I was referencing when I said multi colored puzzle hahaha. The colors of the Stadium etc. were just blue and green, leading me to think it was Millard North.

I have never seen that ribbon anywhere. And even if I had, I don't think I would have made the connection from the blue and green to autism awareness.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I know what it is because of the Omaha Storm Chasers.  They have special Autism Awareness Jerseys they wear every so often.

I knew that the Clink and TDAPO changed their colors for Autism Awareness because it was in the paper or on the local news.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Some glass panels have been put in behind the Road to Omaha statue.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

New Panels light up and Change Colors

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Did they add the little dog too?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

RNcyanide wrote:Did they add the little dog too?
Yes, its the new Guard Dog.  She is doesn't look like much, but she will kick your |expletive|!
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Brad wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:Did they add the little dog too?
Yes, its the new Guard Dog.  She is doesn't look like much, but she will kick your |expletive|!
For a minute, I thought the dog was actually part of the statue. Indeed, she looks like she has a mean streak ha.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

So... should we place bets on how long this last before they malfunction and stop working for a few years?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I give it 3 years.

The Bride
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Axel wrote:So... should we place bets on how long this last before they malfunction and stop working for a few years?
Hopefully since its MECA and they fix things right away, it won't be an issue.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

It may very well stop working at some point but rest assured it will be working each year come mid June.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I like the glass, but could they at least paint or cover up the holes in the concrete.  I thought that looked unfinished since the first year of TD Ameritrade.
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

Oh! And I'm not sure if we ever noticed this here, but I just randomly googled TD Ameritrade Park the other day and happened to come across this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha_Flame

They were listed as the team that plays in Ameritrade on the little google fact thing.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Seeing a lot of talk about the ballpark playing too big again this year.  New talking point is changing to the Minor League style baseballs with the tighter laces.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

iamjacobm wrote:Seeing a lot of talk about the ballpark playing too big again this year.  New talking point is changing to the Minor League style baseballs with the tighter laces.
The ball change talk has been going on for about a year. I am guessing that change will happen.

The outfield is too big.  It needs to come in 5 to 10 feet. The fundamentals of the game are a lot different thanin most if not all the parksmthe college game is played in. It changes the game too much
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

My biggest issue is to make sure the stadiums doesn't start looking disjointed if we move the fence in.  I wonder if they could add a row down in the outfield and move the fence in the 3-4 feet that row would take and drop the fence a foot for the sight lines.  If they wanted to bring it in further put that foot wide flower bed in as well.  If Center is 400 the power alleys 370 and the lines 330 with a foot shorter fence I think we would find a really happy medium between small ball, but still earning a HR when you crush it.
omahahawk
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahahawk »

New ticket to CWS success

335 down the lines. 375 in the gaps. 408 in center.

The dimensions of TD Ameritrade Park didn't come from an architect's guide to stadium construction. They didn't come from a mathematician's calculator or a panel of legendary coaches. They came directly from three miles south — Rosenblatt Stadium.
These days, pitchers are laughing last. Three years after the CWS moved downtown, the familiar numbers on the outfield wall — 335, 375, 408 — may as well represent miles, not feet. There's a force field at the warning track.

Look at the evidence:

>> In its final three years, Rosenblatt yielded 2.45 homers per CWS game. In 2011 and '12 at TD Ameritrade, the average dropped to 0.64 and 0.67. This year, three balls have cleared the wall — 0.25 per game.

>> The NCAA dialed back the aluminum bats the same year the CWS moved to TD Ameritrade. So home run reductions aren't as simple as changing venues. But in the three seasons prior to 2011, the CWS produced 34 percent more home runs per game than the regular season. Since then, the CWS has produced 43 percent fewer homers than the regular season.

>> Through 77 regular-season games since 2011, TD Ameritrade has yielded only 29 home runs. That's 0.38 per game, less than half the average college ballpark. Just for comparison, the average major league ballpark in 2012 gave up about two home runs per game.

>> During the last three CWS at Rosenblatt, 14.8 percent of fly balls went over the fence. The past three years downtown, it's roughly 3 percent.

>> In 41 CWS games at TD Ameritrade, there have been tense moments, even a few walk-off hits. But no team trailing after eight innings has ever won. The last team to rally in the ninth was LSU during the 2009 championship series at Rosenblatt.

>> CWS teams are 21-0 at TD Ameritrade when scoring five runs or more. In other words, there has never been a game in which both teams scored five.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130622/C ... ws-success
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

At the game last night I was thinking how the stadium looks so good, but that that "Batter's Eye" in center field looks so horrible!  Nothing like a $126 million dollar stadium with a $1500 "shed" in the outfield...  That's gotta go.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Brad wrote:At the game last night I was thinking how the stadium looks so good, but that that "Batter's Eye" in center field looks so horrible!  Nothing like a $126 million dollar stadium with a $1500 "shed" in the outfield...  That's gotta go.
Are you referring to the giant green block that is at center field? If so, I agree. I would say it'd be a nice place for a fountain system, but knowing this city, if they ever broke it would take 15 CWS's just to get them fixed.
No posts exist for this topic
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Brad wrote:At the game last night I was thinking how the stadium looks so good, but that that "Batter's Eye" in center field looks so horrible!  Nothing like a $126 million dollar stadium with a $1500 "shed" in the outfield...  That's gotta go.
Are you referring to the giant green block that is at center field? If so, I agree. I would say it'd be a nice place for a fountain system, but knowing this city, if they ever broke it would take 15 CWS's just to get them fixed.
Its the "batters eye" so it needs to be a dark area, but yes, they could do something better looking.
cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

Brad wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Its the "batters eye" so it needs to be a dark area, but yes, they could do something better looking.
It is the batters eye and it is there for a reason. I remember they tried trees and a glossier better looking paing in the 1st year and the complaints from the batters was they were losing track of the balls. Every baseball stadium has to have one basically and unless it is Texas or St. Louis where they have a hill they all look like sh!t.