204th & Pacific Retail

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

BC johns
New to the Neighborhood

204th & Pacific Retail

Post by BC johns »

I saw a sign for Addy's just south of Pacific in front of the new strip mall going in, I would presume this is an Addy's West from the one in Millard?
Trips
Library Board

Re: 204th & Pacific Retail

Post by Trips »

They hope to be open in March for basketball. I hope they design it a little better than their current location.

http://www.omaha.com/go/nightlife-notes ... 5fa24.html
bfcmoose
New to the Neighborhood

Post by bfcmoose »

Any other retailers announced for this location yet? I thought I had heard a gas station was going in as well. Would be great to get some fast food on this block as well.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Anderson Food Shops (BP Gas Station) owns the corner entrance by the school.

The 8 bay announced Scooters and Great Clips.

Core bank owns a lot on along Pacific St.

KZI LLC (Dentistry For Health) owns the lot east of the BP Station.

http://www.omaha.com/money/th-street-ce ... c9b70.html
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

BC johns wrote:I saw a sign for Addy's just south of Pacific in front of the new strip mall going in, I would presume this is an Addy's West from the one in Millard?
We tried to go there Friday night... Holy |expletive|, that place was Packed! Entire parking lot was full, people parked in the drive lanes, people parked in the grass, and even parked in the dirt across the street! Needless to say, we didn't even go in.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

That is Addy's for you. Their other location has 14 parking spots + 2 handicap spots. I went a couple of weeks ago and the service needs some major help. I was really surprised since this is the 3rd location they have opened.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

I have been in this Addy's twice now because the people I was meeting wanted to check it out. It was busy but I can't imagine they are getting a ton of people who are coming back.

Zero atmosphere. Cheapest possible furniture from the Bar Furniture catalog in a almost sterile industrial looking space. Some TV's on the wall to technically qualify as a sports bar but nothing spectacular. One of the times I was there it was dark outside but they had the lights on full blast. I made a comment about "why do you have all the lights on?" to the bartender but he didn't understand what I was talking about. I didn't eat but I am not sure I would even trust the food. I will argue for a different spot if anyone ever suggests we go back.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Joe_Sovereign wrote:I have been in this Addy's twice now because the people I was meeting wanted to check it out. It was busy but I can't imagine they are getting a ton of people who are coming back.

Zero atmosphere. Cheapest possible furniture from the Bar Furniture catalog in a almost sterile industrial looking space. Some TV's on the wall to technically qualify as a sports bar but nothing spectacular. One of the times I was there it was dark outside but they had the lights on full blast. I made a comment about "why do you have all the lights on?" to the bartender but he didn't understand what I was talking about. I didn't eat but I am not sure I would even trust the food. I will argue for a different spot if anyone ever suggests we go back.
I go because they have GREAT chicken wings. Kind of like Oscars did before they changed the(although I heard they got better again). Get the "Char Buff, Double Dip, Extra Crispy". Easily in the top 5 wing places in town. The Addy Balls are also really good.

We usually go to the Millard location, but the one time I was at the pacific street one, it was really bright. Millard is not like that.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Just south of Addy's will be the Kahn Retail Center 21k SF.
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

Coyote wrote:Just south of Addy's will be the Kahn Retail Center 21k SF.
Have more info? trying to google Kahn Retail and not finding much.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

cafereef wrote:
KZI LLC (May 21 2015) - Dentistry For Health, Dr. Robin Kahn
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:
cafereef wrote:
KZI LLC (May 21 2015) - Dentistry For Health, Dr. Robin Kahn
Standard 8-10 bay retail strip center.
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

I heard a rumor that a Dunkin Donuts was going in the middle strip thats being built now. I would assume its in the section that has the drive thru overhang. I'd love this to be true!
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

cafereef wrote:I heard a rumor that a Dunkin Donuts was going in the middle strip thats being built now. I would assume its in the section that has the drive thru overhang. I'd love this to be true!
Love Dunkin' Donuts, too...
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
MKMScat20
New to the Neighborhood

Post by MKMScat20 »

Saw a Zesto's sign there this afternoon :D
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

MKMScat20 wrote:Saw a Zesto's sign there this afternoon :D
I missed that... Thanks for that Intel MKMScat29!
MKMScat20
New to the Neighborhood

Post by MKMScat20 »

No problem! I misspoke, it's actually on the south end of the building that is already up holding UPS Store and Excel PT. Hoping it'll be open soon!
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

Confirmed Zesto. Opening in April 2017 :)

Zesto Restaurant & Ice Cream shared a Page.
February 21 at 4:29pm ·
If our calculations are correct, Zesto is opening in the first part of April at 204th St & Pacific St in Elkhorn, NE. The exact address is 1317 S. 204 St. I just launched the new Zesto's face book page. We hope to serve the Wahoo Zesto faithful when they visit Omaha. Thank you for your patronage.
https://www.facebook.com/ZestoElkhorn/
ZaEry
New to the Neighborhood

Post by ZaEry »

cafereef wrote:I heard a rumor that a Dunkin Donuts was going in the middle strip thats being built now. I would assume its in the section that has the drive thru overhang. I'd love this to be true!
I think you might be right about the Dunkin Donuts. This website mentioned a Dunkin Donuts in the 204th & Pacific area.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/19885462 ... -Omaha-NE/
bfcmoose
New to the Neighborhood

Post by bfcmoose »

I have also heard a Greenbelly was going in that same strip center.
brikay07
New to the Neighborhood

Post by brikay07 »

Any update on if Dunkin is a for sure or not? I'm thinking it's the end bay with the drive thru. I really hope so. I love dunkin! Also, Green Belly has it on their facebook page that they are opening in elkhorn, so that's a for sure. I'm not sure what bay however.
brikay07
New to the Neighborhood

Post by brikay07 »

Oh, there's also a sign for "Waxing the City" in between where the Max I Walker will be and the bay with the drive thru.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Nebraska Medicine will be building a Primary Care Clinic on the parcel between Zesto's and Elkhorn South.
bfcmoose
New to the Neighborhood

Post by bfcmoose »

The drivethru bay will be the green belly. They have papers posted on front glass stating permits are for them. My hope is dunkin will be in new strip mall that is behind and towards ESHS.

Does anyone know if gas station/convenient store is still going in?
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I love the new Zestos there. Great place.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Greenbelly aiming to be open by September
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

1000 Degree's Neapolitan Pizza is opening next to the Verizon store in the same strip as GreenBelly, a banner sign is hanging above the doors. Yay more food options.

http://www.1000degreespizza.com/
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

cafereef wrote:1000 Degree's Neapolitan Pizza is opening next to the Verizon store in the same strip as GreenBelly, a banner sign is hanging above the doors. Yay more food options.

That place certainly has a lot of store location coverage across the country..

Hopefully it will serve a quality pie and not fall flat on its face in the Omaha market like Uncle Maddio’s Recently did...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

I clicked on that link to see how much a franchise cost. It looks like you can buy a franchise for about 25,000. That is cheap. You also must give them 5% a month of gross sales forever and another 1 1/2% forever for advertising. The ad says they can get you up and running in 60 days. You fly to New Jersey and they give the sales pitch to you and no doubt they want you to write a check for the 25,000. Then you go home and rent a bay in a strip mall somewhere and boom you are now in the Pizza business.

I'm skeptical for a number of good reasons. I have a good idea that the franchise contract you sign is more then just a little vague when it speaks to the subject of how much advertising Corporate ever really does. And that is the end of it right there. How are they going to compete with Little Ceasars and Pizza Hut and their billion dollar ad campaigns? That pizza is going to have to be pretty good to get past that little obstacle.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

See my post it the thread on them coming to the Omaha market. You might get some insight to what might be their advertisement strategy.

Over under ----- 18 months?

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:I clicked on that link to see how much a franchise cost. It looks like you can buy a franchise for about 25,000. That is cheap. You also must give them 5% a month of gross sales forever and another 1 1/2% forever for advertising. The ad says they can get you up and running in 60 days. You fly to New Jersey and they give the sales pitch to you and no doubt they want you to write a check for the 25,000. Then you go home and rent a bay in a strip mall somewhere and boom you are now in the Pizza business.

I'm skeptical for a number of good reasons. I have a good idea that the franchise contract you sign is more then just a little vague when it speaks to the subject of how much advertising Corporate ever really does. And that is the end of it right there. How are they going to compete with Little Ceasars and Pizza Hut and their billion dollar ad campaigns? That pizza is going to have to be pretty good to get past that little obstacle.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

nebugeater wrote:

Over under ----- 18 months?

]
I'm going to go with the overs. I was thinking the strip mall gets them to agree to a 2yr minimum lease....... so they will stick it out at least that long.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

cafereef wrote:1000 Degree's Neapolitan Pizza is opening next to the Verizon store in the same strip as GreenBelly, a banner sign is hanging above the doors. Yay more food options.

There is another one of these that just opened up at 180th and Q. In the plaza with Hy-Vee. That is about 3 or 4 miles from 204th and Pacific location. Apparently you don't get a very big exclusive market area for your 25k.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:I clicked on that link to see how much a franchise cost. It looks like you can buy a franchise for about 25,000. That is cheap. You also must give them 5% a month of gross sales forever and another 1 1/2% forever for advertising. The ad says they can get you up and running in 60 days. You fly to New Jersey and they give the sales pitch to you and no doubt they want you to write a check for the 25,000. Then you go home and rent a bay in a strip mall somewhere and boom you are now in the Pizza business.

That $25,000 get's you the chance to sign the contract. You still have to come up with the cash to outfit the space. I'm going to guess somewhere around $100k. Plus, you get to hire the clowns who will work for you. You get to train them if the franchisor doesn't come in to train them. About half will quit within a week because you actually expect them to work. You're going to bust your own a s s working there because you signed a loan document that you will quickly learn that you really do have to repay. You also learn that food doesn't last forever and you throw out inventory pretty much every day and you get to replace it with more money.

I'm jaded because I was a franchisee in the 80s and back then there were zero protections for franchisees. It's a little better now. Still, it's a huge risk just going into the food business. Never forget that Willy Thiesen (sp) made all that money because he hired a really good franchise attorney before he sold out.
bfcmoose
New to the Neighborhood

Post by bfcmoose »

They have been doing some site prep with walls on the pacific street side and now they have structure going vertical. Anyone know what this will be? Possibly looks like a convenient store/gas station.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

A Sakoon Day Spa is going in here, north of Pets Earth.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

MKMScat20 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:42 pm Saw a Zesto's sign there this afternoon :D
They have been there awhile. Summer of 2017 I think.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

bbinks wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:08 am
MKMScat20 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:42 pm Saw a Zesto's sign there this afternoon :D
They have been there awhile. Summer of 2017 I think.
........And if you look at the post you quoted it was from Feb of 2017 !
MKMScat20
New to the Neighborhood

Post by MKMScat20 »

Zesto’s is now for sale.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Pickleman's is going in, just south of the UPS store, north of Greenbelly.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:01 pm Pickleman's is going in, just south of the UPS store, north of Greenbelly.
In the old Zesto's location