Taco Bell -- 90th & Fort

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Taco Bell -- 90th & Fort

Post by bbinks »

This store is now closed, and will be torn down and rebuilt by the end of summer.  As far as I can recall this building began as a Rax Roast Beef, then was converted into an Amigos Mexican food, then the Taco Bell in 1998.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Rax was on the corner where Pizza hut is now.  Taco bell use to be an Amigos and the old Taco Bell is down where Alvarado's is now.

I did some of the plans for this new taco bell, it appears from the outside it will just be like all the other new taco bell's in town.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Brad wrote:Rax was on the corner where Pizza hut is now.  Taco bell use to be an Amigos and the old Taco Bell is down where Alvarado's is now.

I did some of the plans for this new taco bell, it appears from the outside it will just be like all the other new taco bell's in town.
I thought the Pizza Hut was a Hardee's, prior to that a D'Lites of America.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

bbinks wrote:
Brad wrote:Rax was on the corner where Pizza hut is now.  Taco bell use to be an Amigos and the old Taco Bell is down where Alvarado's is now.

I thought it was Rax then Hardees Then Pizzahut?
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Brad wrote:
bbinks wrote:

I thought it was Rax then Hardees Then Pizzahut?
The atrium at that Taco Bell is much like the atriums at the Rax's.    That was too long ago to really remember.  I know there was a D'Lites and a Rax at the same time.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Taco Bell has its walls up, roof on and some of the windows and doors in.
Zilla
Library Board

Post by Zilla »

Brad wrote:I thought it was Rax then Hardees Then Pizzahut?
That's how I remember it also.  I don't remember a D'Lites at all.
Equal Opportunity Hater.

Proudly oppressing the rest of Omaha with my suburbia lifestyle since 1999.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Zilla wrote:
Brad wrote:I thought it was Rax then Hardees Then Pizzahut?
That's how I remember it also.  I don't remember a D'Lites at all.
Here is old Rax photo off Google..
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/22731390

And a former Rax.

Notice the similarities between it and the old Taco Bell.  
http://douglasne.mapping-online.com/|expletive| ... 110001.jpg

When the Rax's closed, some became Arby's.

South 72nd,
http://douglasne.mapping-online.com/|expletive| ... 000001.jpg
And 144th & Center
http://douglasne.mapping-online.com/|expletive| ... 300001.jpg

Again, the similarities.  (The glass atrium and the small windows on the sides of the building).

The one on 90th became Amigo's prior to the Taco Bell.
windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

Taco bell is really coming together.  It will not be long until its open.  The new building seems much smaller, however I don't think they used half of the old building.
where the corn meets the concrete
btotheill
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Taco Bell -- 90th & Fort

Post by btotheill »

When did the Rax restaurants in Omaha close? Out of nowhere I had this childhood memory of eating roast beef sandwiches and drinking lemonade out of one of these Image yesterday and after hours and hours of sleuthing and wasting time while I should have been working have come up with Rax as the restaurant. I was really young when I remember eating there (so much that I didn't even have a name for the place).
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

I remember RAX. I believe there was one where Wendy's is now on 90th between Fort and Maple. Famous for having a salad bar and atrium seating.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

choke wrote:I remember RAX. I believe there was one where Wendy's is now on 90th between Fort and Maple. Famous for having a salad bar and atrium seating.
Rax was on the other side of the street down by the Library. I know because I must of ate there a hundred times. I always did the salad bar which was 3.29 I think. The salad bar was not a good one either but it had the bare bones stuff. I would always make a good salad and have a couple big scoops of cottage cheese and potato salad. Rax actually sucked! One of the top 3 reasons I liked Rax was because the place was always deserted and I could go eat there in total peace. As was the case, places that are deserted are usually not going to be around long.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Why are they rebuilding it? I just ate in there not long ago. It has the new theme and looked updated.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

RockHarbor wrote:Why are they rebuilding it? I just ate in there not long ago. It has the new theme and looked updated.
Check out the dates on the posts... This thread jumps SIX YEARS halfway through it.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Brad wrote:
RockHarbor wrote:Why are they rebuilding it? I just ate in there not long ago. It has the new theme and looked updated.
Check out the dates on the posts... This thread jumps SIX YEARS halfway through it.
Oh! Thanks, Brad... I do need to watch that.

By the way, as I've told you before, I love your photography. I was back on your website last night. I do plan on eventually buying an aerial shot from you. I think I'm going to wait until the new Capitol District goes up before I get one, though -- and, if any other new buildings are announced, I may just wait a little longer, too. (Omaha stays the same long enough that you can rest in your newest photography for awhile, but changes quick enough, that you are kept on your toes, I imagine!)
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.