Crossroads - Redevelopment Plan

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Brad, nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy

MTO
City Council

Re: Crossroads - Redevelopment Plan

Postby MTO » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:15 am

nebugeater wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
MTO wrote:This project has a BRT component that is integral to the future of the city's future trasnportation aspirations and I have a feeling Yates is holding that over their heads to drag this bullshít out. The city needs to grow some balls and tell Yates to suck an egg, if each individual component has to be built sepepratly (but according to a master plan) then so be it. An all or nothing approach in a city this size is too much for projects of this scale.

Sorry to be brutally honest but the City don"t really have any future mass transportation plans. Stothert and Mellow are both full of B.S. and could careless about the streetcar or any of it. They will promise you that they will get BIgfoot for the zoo if it will get you to vote for them.

So..... You are saying that the Zoo is getting a Bigfoot? To heck with Pandas!!!!!!!

I was actually referring to the BRT.
15-17, 26, 32

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:12 pm

Schmitt's Music across the street is apparently for sale. I don't know if they are moving (wasn't this a Hospe's back in the day?) or if their land in now too valuable to keep and expect an offer they can't refuse...

Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Postby Omaha_Gabe » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:17 am

Coyote wrote:Schmitt's Music across the street is apparently for sale. I don't know if they are moving (wasn't this a Hospe's back in the day?) or if their land in now too valuable to keep and expect an offer they can't refuse...

I would assume that they are still in business as they provide (rent) the instruments for most of the band kiddos in many schools.

Dundeemaha
Library Board

Postby Dundeemaha » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:17 am

The Gadgeteer just south of Schmitt's closed recently as well. That whole 2 square block area 74-72, Dodge - Farnam is so haphazard with buildings. It's too bad the city's master plan for the area is so unlikely to happen.

GetUrban
Parks & Recreation

Postby GetUrban » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:04 am

That whole area from Jones north to Dodge, 72nd west to 74th, looks ripe for redevelopment. I could see a new NFM going in on part of that with a tie-in to their relatively new warehouse between Jones & Harney (behind Lowes.) NFM would probably only need Jones to Farnam, leaving space for more infill up to Dodge, including Do Space and more outlots.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.

HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation

Postby HR Paperstacks » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:48 pm

I was at the YP Summit today and the mayor said she met with the developer Friday and also hinted at a Nordstroms.

choke
Human Relations

Postby choke » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:07 pm

HR Paperstacks wrote:I was at the YP Summit today and the mayor said she met with the developer Friday and also hinted at a Nordstroms.

Did you get to hear Ari Shapiro speak? I did not know he was going to be in Omaha. I would have taken the day off. :(

HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation

Postby HR Paperstacks » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:35 pm

choke wrote:
HR Paperstacks wrote:I was at the YP Summit today and the mayor said she met with the developer Friday and also hinted at a Nordstroms.

Did you get to hear Ari Shapiro speak? I did not know he was going to be in Omaha. I would have taken the day off. :(

Yeah, it was a really interesting talk.

Greg S
Planning Board

Postby Greg S » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:15 am

I wonder if it's Nordstroms Rack? That's what most of their new locations are.

Greg

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Sears has 'substantial doubt' that it can survive

CNN wrote:Sears Holdings is not even sure it can raise enough cash through loans and debt financing to survive. The company owes $4.2 billion, up from about $3 billion a year ago.

It lost $2.2 billion in the fiscal year ending in January and has not turned an annual profit since 2010. Its losses since then total $10.4 billion.

bbinks
Human Relations

Postby bbinks » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Coyote wrote:Sears has 'substantial doubt' that it can survive

CNN wrote:Sears Holdings is not even sure it can raise enough cash through loans and debt financing to survive. The company owes $4.2 billion, up from about $3 billion a year ago.

It lost $2.2 billion in the fiscal year ending in January and has not turned an annual profit since 2010. Its losses since then total $10.4 billion.

Who will honor my "Lifetime Guarantee" on my Craftsman tools??

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Postby RNcyanide » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:55 pm

bbinks wrote:

According to my dad who recently took a craftsman drill to the Oakview Sears, they won't honor the lifetime guarantee anymore.
Last edited by RNcyanide on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

choke
Human Relations

Postby choke » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:56 pm

That Sears at the Crossroads is like a cockroach. It could survive a nuclear bomb. Even if Sears folds, somehow that one will remain open with its 99-year lease.

bbinks
Human Relations

Postby bbinks » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:00 pm

choke wrote:That Sears at the Crossroads is like a cockroach. It could survive a nuclear bomb. Even if Sears folds, somehow that one will remain open with its 99-year lease.

Its a HazMat dream. Probably asbestos aplenty.

choke
Human Relations

Postby choke » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:09 pm

bbinks wrote:
choke wrote:That Sears at the Crossroads is like a cockroach. It could survive a nuclear bomb. Even if Sears folds, somehow that one will remain open with its 99-year lease.

Its a HazMat dream. Probably asbestos aplenty.

The Crossroads Village apartments are now for lease:

https://www.zumper.com/apartment-buildings/p178485/crossroads-village-omaha-ne

Ben
Human Relations

Postby Ben » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:02 am

RNcyanide wrote:
bbinks wrote:

According to my dad who recently took a craftsman drill to the Oakview Sears, they won't honor the lifetime guarantee anymore.

Sears recently announced (January) that Craftsman tools will be purchased by Stanley/Black and Decker. So the Craftsman tool brand (and likely their lifetime warranty) should remain in existence even if Sears stores go away.

nativeomahan
Planning Board

Postby nativeomahan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:44 pm

I don't expect ANY Sears store to remain open through next year.

choke
Human Relations

Postby choke » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:26 pm

nativeomahan wrote:I don't expect ANY Sears store to remain open through next year.

Except for the one at Crossroads. That one will never close. Never.

Return to “Suburban Omaha Development”