The Crossroads (72 & Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

MTO
City Council

Re: Crossroads - Redevelopment Plan

Post by MTO »

I agree there are tons of places I'd rather live in than Detroit except Omaha. I was in Novi for a while and got a chance to see a lot of the city and was impressed with the momentum. I think they should embrace the decayed areas and turn it into a green belt and pioneer some urban farming.
15-17, 26, 32
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

MTO wrote:I agree there are tons of places I'd rather live in than Detroit except Omaha. I was in Novi for a while and got a chance to see a lot of the city and was impressed with the momentum. I think they should embrace the decayed areas and turn it into a green belt and pioneer some urban farming.
Then quit bitching and just move already
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I'd love to but it's not in the cards right plus I could log into this forum and be the same old fun loving and jovial MTO.
15-17, 26, 32
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Well, the website is active again. Demolition starts 2017???????

http://www.crossroadsvillage.com/
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

choke wrote:Well, the website is active again. Demolition starts 2017???????

http://www.crossroadsvillage.com/
And you all got mad when I said this project would fall through.
:roll:
#SaveTheUglyGrainSilos2024
Dundeemaha
Human Relations

Post by Dundeemaha »

Not really news, they said they weren't starting this year back in November. Did anyone expect that to change the last week in December?
choke wrote:Carrot on a stick.........

Crossroads Mall site developers likely to miss end-of-year demolition deadline

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/crossro ... de454.html
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Dundeemaha wrote:Not really news, they said they weren't starting this year back in November. Did anyone expect that to change the last week in December?
choke wrote:Carrot on a stick.........

Crossroads Mall site developers likely to miss end-of-year demolition deadline

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/crossro ... de454.html
No, but the website had been inactive for quite a while and now it is back. Kinda gives some hope they haven't completely bailed on this.
Dundeemaha
Human Relations

Post by Dundeemaha »

Agreed, my comment didn't come out quite the way I intended, it was meant more for PotatoeEatsFish's comment than yours.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Should this thread not be moved to "Projects Never Built"?
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

nativeomahan wrote:Should this thread not be moved to "Projects Never Built"?
Seriously... :?
#gohawks
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:Meanwhile, just across the street, Furniture Row Outlet is closed and will become a Denver Mattress. I hope they do extensive renovations to this place.
Sounds like a rebuild, not a renovation.
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Coyote wrote:
Coyote wrote:Meanwhile, just across the street, Furniture Row Outlet is closed and will become a Denver Mattress. I hope they do extensive renovations to this place.
Is it still gonna be a Denver Mattress? Seems like that sign has been there for a decade.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

choke wrote:
Coyote wrote:
Is it still gonna be a Denver Mattress? Seems like that sign has been there for a decade.
All signs point to the affirmative.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

It said in the paper yesterday that they plan on having one of those Fresh Thyme grocery stores in the new Cross Roads so maybe that should encourage some of the doubters :sly:
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

The only thing holding it up is this hellish winter, after the blizzards stop and all this snow melts it'll be on like donkey king.
15-17, 26, 32
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:It said in the paper yesterday that they plan on having one of those Fresh Thyme grocery stores in the new Cross Roads so maybe that should encourage some of the doubters :sly:
Oh, now, Mr. SMUCKER, you know the newspaper is referencing some story they wrote 3 years ago. That deal has probably flown the coop. What's next? Dorm rooms for UNO? :shock:
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

MTO wrote:The only thing holding it up is this hellish winter, after the blizzards stop and all this snow melts it'll be on like donkey king.
Or ya'know this thing is just a mess behind the scenes.
#SaveTheUglyGrainSilos2024
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

PotatoeEatsFish wrote:
MTO wrote:The only thing holding it up is this hellish winter, after the blizzards stop and all this snow melts it'll be on like donkey king.
I assumed he knew that by the donkey "king" reference.

I don't see this thing happening. I think he is still holding out to get more incentives and I don't think Omaha will or should offer additional.

Greg
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Greg S wrote:
PotatoeEatsFish wrote:
I assumed he knew that by the donkey "king" reference.

I don't see this thing happening. I think he is still holding out to get more incentives and I don't think Omaha will or should offer additional.

Greg
OMG
15-17, 26, 32
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

I know there is a National Company that has an agreement to lease some of the Office Space in the Crossroads development. Relocating workers already in Omaha. The agreement was signed years ago. The deal was signed so long ago that their office needs have changed and they are now planning on leasing a much small portion of the office space. It wouldn't surprise me if eventually they just drop out completely.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I can't imagine that all of the retailers lined up initially are still firmly committed anymore either with being 6 years in and they have not even started demolition.

Greg
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

BTW, Heath Mello tried to pass a bill last year in the legislature to help the development of Crossroads. The bill went nowhere. Yates also contributed to Heath Mello's mayoral campaign this year. I wouldn't expect any movement on Crossroads 'til after the mayoral election. And if Mello wins, I would expect another push from Yates for more taxpayer money :thumb:
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

choke wrote:BTW, Heath Mello tried to pass a bill last year in the legislature to help the development of Crossroads. The bill went nowhere. Yates also contributed to Heath Mello's mayoral campaign this year. I wouldn't expect any movement on Crossroads 'til after the mayoral election. And if Mello wins, I would expect another push from Yates for more taxpayer money :thumb:
If that is the case, then a good reason not to vote for Mello.

If he wins, we HAVE to legalize recreational pot just for the pun value.
Dundeemaha
Human Relations

Post by Dundeemaha »

choke wrote:BTW, Heath Mello tried to pass a bill last year in the legislature to help the development of Crossroads. The bill went nowhere. Yates also contributed to Heath Mello's mayoral campaign this year. I wouldn't expect any movement on Crossroads 'til after the mayoral election. And if Mello wins, I would expect another push from Yates for more taxpayer money :thumb:
According to the OWH article on the fundraising for the mayoral race both Rod Yates and Frank Krejci gave money to both campaigns. Though I agree that Mello sounds more ambitious with putting public funds toward developers.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I'm all for incentives to make development happen, but no more for Yates. I really wish we'd move on from him. Would love to see him sell the properties to another developer.

Greg
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

Greg S wrote:I'm all for incentives to make development happen, but no more for Yates. I really wish we'd move on from him. Would love to see him sell the properties to another developer.

Greg
We don't need more incentives, especially for this project. Its right in the middle of Omaha and with Children's addition and all the other business nearby there is plenty of support for a mixed use development. It's not like Yates is going to have trouble making money on this and if the developer doesn't have the money to start this, then get out!
#gohawks
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Minard'ed again

Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

You guys keep that guys picture on your hard drives still to this day. :type:
15-17, 26, 32
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I have to say, I don't keep up on the "city politics" revolving around all this. Many of you on this Forum are great at that. I'm not. Thanks for the updates... I just keep telling myself "Best Buy moved...so the Crossroads project is definitely in the works." Yet, Barnes & Noble is still there, so I always think twice, and wonder what is going on.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

buildomaha wrote:
Greg S wrote:I'm all for incentives to make development happen, but no more for Yates. I really wish we'd move on from him. Would love to see him sell the properties to another developer.

Greg
We don't need more incentives, especially for this project. Its right in the middle of Omaha and with Children's addition and all the other business nearby there is plenty of support for a mixed use development. It's not like Yates is going to have trouble making money on this and if the developer doesn't have the money to start this, then get out!
I totally agree with you! If your business or development idea needs corporate welfare then you business concept SUCKS. Come up with a new plan!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Best Buy space currently being marketed for a short term lease on LoopNet.
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

iamjacobm wrote:Best Buy space currently being marketed for a short term lease on LoopNet.

Are you sayin' that this ain't happening?
Attachments
CR.PNG
CR.PNG (43 KiB) Viewed 2054 times
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Isn't there a difference to 'Crossroads' proper and the Best Buy property?
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Coyote wrote:Isn't there a difference to 'Crossroads' proper and the Best Buy property?
Yes. But Yates bought up all the property to combine it for Crossroads Village. But until/unless that begins, it's probably still considered separate.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

HR Paperstacks wrote:
Coyote wrote:Isn't there a difference to 'Crossroads' proper and the Best Buy property?
Yes. But Yates bought up all the property to combine it for Crossroads Village. But until/unless that begins, it's probably still considered separate.
Exactly. When I heard this I immediately thought about that overstock teachers bookstore. We haven't seen one in town for years...
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Which comes first, Crossroads Village, streetcar on Farnam, or redevelopment of the Civic site/Tetrad Development?

Greg
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Greg S wrote:Which comes first, Crossroads Village, streetcar on Farnam, or redevelopment of the Civic site/Tetrad Development?

Greg
None of them. It's going to be another 10,000 sq ft lookalike strip mall in far west Omaha with a subway and a Buckys or something along that line....sadly
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Greg S wrote:Which comes first, Crossroads Village, streetcar on Farnam, or redevelopment of the Civic site/Tetrad Development?

Greg
Prior to this recent downtown office vacancy rate I would have said the civic but now :shrug: good question though.
15-17, 26, 32
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

NEDodger wrote:I have the feeling the feeling that if infrastructure begins on [Boys Town] and Crossroads hasn't broken ground yet, Crossroads isn't happening. The people who would have lived at Crossroads and prefer the east half of Omaha will live in Midtown Crossing Phase 2. The people who would have lived at Crossroads and prefer the west half of Omaha will instead live here.
Okay, let's say Crossroads isn't happening. Then what would happen?
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
NEDodger wrote:I have the feeling the feeling that if infrastructure begins on [Boys Town] and Crossroads hasn't broken ground yet, Crossroads isn't happening. The people who would have lived at Crossroads and prefer the east half of Omaha will live in Midtown Crossing Phase 2. The people who would have lived at Crossroads and prefer the west half of Omaha will instead live here.
Okay, let's say Crossroads isn't happening. Then what would happen?
You mean at the Crossroads site, or between the other two mentioned?

Greg