Official: CSG - 180th Dodge

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Fromaha
Home Owners Association

Official: CSG - 180th Dodge

Post by Fromaha »

This may be old news to some, but I hadn't seen anything about this yet...

According to the GO guys this morning, CSG Systems out of Denver, with offices currently at North Park - NE corner of 120th and Blondo -are going to be building a new center near the new Pinnacle Bank Headquarters on the NW corner of 180th and West Dodge. The new center will be approximately 225,000 sq ft in as many as 3 mid-rise buildings.

They mentioned that 1,000 jobs would be at the new location, though I can't recall if they said that more jobs will be moved to the Omaha area, or they would just be relocating from their current Omaha office.

While I like to see new development, and possibly more jobs come to the area, this seems to be part of a continuing trend to build in the suburbs instead of downtown. Personally, I would much rather see this company build something east of 72nd, with some height to it. At 225,000 sq ft, I would hope to see something 15-20 stories. Not a big-time skyline changer, but a nice structure, nonetheless.
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Post by TechnicalDisaster »

This should be moved to the rumors section.  No decision has been made or announced to CSG employees.  The company renew's their lease at 120th and Blondo in 2012.  They are still reviewing all options.
"This is America.  It is my God given right to be loudly opinionated on issues I am completely ignorant of."
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Damn admins - you work quick!!!
"This is America.  It is my God given right to be loudly opinionated on issues I am completely ignorant of."
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Ok - now that this is in the rumors section I feel more comfortable discussing it.  We received an internal company memo that doesn't mention this as a possibility - it is the first I heard of it.  

The move to 180th & Dodge would cut my commute down considerably, but I hope it doesn't happen.  The Northpark location has exceptional amenities within walking distance.  I have dozens of different food choices practically next door to the building.   Moving to 180th on the north Side of Dodge would mean I have to drive for lunch everyday and their isn't much variety at Village Pointe.

Post by Guest »

TechnicalDisaster wrote:This should be moved to the rumors section.  No decision has been made or announced to CSG employees.  The company renew's their lease at 120th and Blondo in 2012.  They are still reviewing all options.
While this is technically a rumor, it sounded like more of a done deal - seems to be conflicting info out there. You clearly have more info on this than has been disseminated.
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Anonymous wrote:
TechnicalDisaster wrote:This should be moved to the rumors section.  No decision has been made or announced to CSG employees.  The company renew's their lease at 120th and Blondo in 2012.  They are still reviewing all options.
While this is technically a rumor, it sounded like more of a done deal - seems to be conflicting info out there. You clearly have more info on this than has been disseminated.
As of Tuesday, the final decision was not announced and a warning sent out about information flowing from sources outside the company.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I don't mind it out west, I just wish they would take a page out of TD's book and have it all in one structure.

Now if they didn't want to go DT building something to match TD in Old Mill would be cool!  Get that 4th skyline going.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

iamjacobm wrote:Now if they didn't want to go DT building something to match TD in Old Mill would be cool!  Get that 4th skyline going.
No way!! Not without a new exit directly to Old Mill, or some more efficient method of getting in/out of there!!  It's going to be a cluster as it is with the TD folks moving in their tower.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

almighty_tuna wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Now if they didn't want to go DT building something to match TD in Old Mill would be cool!  Get that 4th skyline going.
No way!! Not without a new exit directly to Old Mill, or some more efficient method of getting in/out of there!!  It's going to be a cluster as it is with the TD folks moving in their tower.
I by no means was getting into the logistics with that, it was more of my inner SimCity happening.
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

almighty_tuna wrote:
I had heard  that TD tried to get the city to redesign the entrance to Old Mill but was shut down.  I can't substantiate that at all.

If CSG moves out, there will be 1,000 less people at the old mill intersection on Dodge.  When you add the TD people in 2013 the traffic will kind of break even.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Should be more than a rumor when they apply for an MU amendment with the City.  They may be waiting for approval before inking the deal but this is far more than a theory.  Its on Planning Board April 6.
Last edited by cdub on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrdwhsr
Library Board

Post by mrdwhsr »

The e-mail to CSG employees was probably prompted by the mention of a CSG move to 180th & Dodge on Saturday morning's Growmaha show. Wednesday was a GO repeat. Rumors is a good place for this topic. North Park definitely offers plenty of lunch options, 24-hour fitness, sidewalks etc. A lot of that infrastructure has been built since CSG moved to North Park.

I haven't driven through Old Mill at rush hour since CSG moved to North Park.

Post by Guest »

cdub wrote:Should be more than a rumor when they apply for an MU amendment with the City.  They may be waiting for approval before inking the deal but this is for more than a theory.  Its on Planning Board April 6.
Where would one go to this application or Planning Board information?
zippy
Home Owners Association

Post by zippy »

TechnicalDisaster wrote:If CSG moves out, there will be 1,000 less people at the old mill intersection on Dodge.  
I'm confused... does CSG still have an Old Mill location in addition to their North Park digs?
mrdwhsr
Library Board

Post by mrdwhsr »

zippy wrote:
TechnicalDisaster wrote:If CSG moves out, there will be 1,000 less people at the old mill intersection on Dodge.  
I'm confused... does CSG still have an Old Mill location in addition to their North Park digs?
I don't know of any CSG facilities in Old Mill. Maybe some CSG employees pass through Old Mill on their way to/from North Park?

Post by Guest »

its been decided its gonna happen
mrdwhsr
Library Board

Post by mrdwhsr »

This can be moved from rumors. CSG is announcing the plan today with completion planned for Fall 2012.
Fromaha
Home Owners Association

Post by Fromaha »

The G.O. guys on KFAB this morning said that the groundbreaking for this project is - if my memory serves me correctly - tomorrow. Will be 208,000 sq ft in 2 connected 3 story buildings. Completion is set for the fall of 2012. Apparently, 1100 employees will be moved from the North Park area. But...this is still a rumor.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Fromaha wrote:...said that the groundbreaking for this project is - if my memory serves me correctly - tomorrow...
Its today at 2.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Hopefully we'll get to see a rendering or something... although 2 3-story buildings... meh.  Should have stayed in North Park.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Stargazer wrote:Hopefully we'll get to see a rendering or something... although 2 3-story buildings... meh.  Should have stayed in North Park.
I shot the ground breaking this afternoon.  They only had one rendering there.  Two buildings, room for a third, lots of landscaping, etc.  I am sure the OWH will have a nice rendering soon.
Fromaha
Home Owners Association

Post by Fromaha »

CSG Systems building campus

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110623/M ... ing-campus
Ross Boettcher WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Another major Omaha employer is displaying a strong allegiance to the city by constructing a new office campus.

By the end of August 2012, a pair of three-story office buildings totaling 208,000 square feet will be built at 180th Street and West Dodge Road. At that time, longtime Omaha employer CSG Systems, the Denver-based customer management and billing software provider, plans to move 1,100 workers — about one-third of its global workforce — from its office at North 117th Avenue into new, sustainably constructed facilities.

Like other major Omaha employers, including TD Ameritrade, CSG is turning to a multimillion-dollar construction project to show its plans to keep a long-term presence in the Midlands.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

From the Omaha World Herald article (PLEASE DON'T SUE US)

Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Like other major Omaha employers, including TD Ameritrade, CSG is turning to a multimillion-dollar construction project to show its plans to keep a long-term presence in the Midlands.
That's why they're all building these new structures?  To show they intend to stay here long term?  Here I thought they needed more space... or perhaps wanted to consolidate their employees in a single location. :)
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

OWH Ross Boettcher wrote:Omaha employer CSG Systems, the Denver-based customer management and billing software provider, plans to move 1,100 workers

about 1,100 parking stalls.
Hope they count right.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I didn't get too close to the site today, but they definitely had a couple floors worth of steel up.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Early on in the project there was a discussion about the skywalk not being built between the two buildings.  From the pictures it looks like they are putting it in. Neat.
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

I heard they are officially moving in this coming Monday (7/20/12)... All weekend moving vans have been unloading items through the back.  Overall the building looks good.  They even included a sculpture in the parking lot in their landscaping plans.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

charlie123 wrote:They even included a sculpture in the parking lot in their landscaping plans.
That's probably an Omaha By Design Deal.  Northstar will be installing something similar and its required before they get their C.O.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Software services, support company CSG is 'in Omaha for the duration'
Ross Boettcher WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Just off of the West Dodge Expressway near 180th Street, CSG Systems International Inc. has moved into a two-building, 202,000-square-foot complex and will show it off today at a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Here are two from a couple CSG Photo shoots this weekend.

1.  Day

2.  Night
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Nice shots Brad! I think this came out really nice.
Greg S
City Council

Re: Official: CSG - 180th Dodge

Post by Greg S »

Sounds like layoffs starting today at CSG.
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

That is sad to hear. Any more info?
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Nope just heard from a couple people that said it's happening. No idea on numbers though.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Sorry to go back and quote a post from 4 years ago but...
HR Paperstacks wrote:Nice shots Brad! I think this came out really nice.
Thanks! I forgot I took that second one. I should have that in my portfolio!
Greg S wrote:Sounds like layoffs starting today at CSG.
Thats too bad, hope they are minor.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Probably should post in the 'Business' section.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Sounds like a quite a few layoffs happening with some decent paying IT folks at CSG. Started yesterday.

Greg