120th & Military

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

bbinks
Parks & Recreation

120th & Military

Post by bbinks »

Anyone know what is going on in these 2 parcels?  They are still listed as being owned by MUD, bot sometimes the assessor's files are not up to date.

The trees were removed about 3 weeks ago, and from what I could see it was surveyed about that time too.  Beginning last week the steel shed was removed, and now both parcels are being graded.  A quick count there were 5 earth movers and 2-3 backhoes.

I drive by this every day.  It's big enough for a new home sub devision.

Thanks.

cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Just a big |expletive| MUD office and fleet maintenance facility.  Decidedly underwhelming for the amount of ground there.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

cdub wrote:Just a big |expletive| MUD office and fleet maintenance facility.  Decidedly underwhelming for the amount of ground there.
Well at least they can look at their own big blue tank on the hill.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

cdub wrote:Just a big |expletive| MUD office and fleet maintenance facility.  Decidedly underwhelming for the amount of ground there.

Thanks.

Something is better than nothing I guess.   I would have preferred something that generates some property tax for the county though.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

They have moved a lot of dirt off the west (and still are) and have created this huge hill on the east end.

Someone also told me that MUD has a natural gas reserve just to the south so no house could be built on that property... that part i don't can't confirm
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Uffda wrote:They have moved a lot of dirt off the west (and still are) and have created this huge hill on the east end.

Someone also told me that MUD has a natural gas reserve just to the south so no house could be built on that property... that part i don't can't confirm
The big blue tank is liquefied natural gas.
ZaEry
New to the Neighborhood

120th & Military

Post by ZaEry »

I heard at one point on the SE corner of 120th & Military, they would be building an office and a fleet maintenance facility. Is that still happening?
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Re: 120th & Military

Post by guitarguy »

That corner is OPPD property.. if your talking about the SW corner I actually know that family well and they aren't interested in selling their land at all.
ZaEry
New to the Neighborhood

Re: 120th & Military

Post by ZaEry »

guitarguy wrote:That corner is OPPD property.. if your talking about the SW corner I actually know that family well and they aren't interested in selling their land at all.
No actually the SE corner. But that was said back in 2011 when they cleared the farm away. Those plans could've gotten cancelled. I actually do think that they should start building retail out that way because it might help bring traffic out that way.
ZaEry
New to the Neighborhood

Re:

Post by ZaEry »

Is the office and fleet maintenance still being built there? I think that if they started to build retail or office buildings out that way, it might bring more traffic in that area.