Hampton Inn (111 & Davenport) old Club Nico

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

charlie123
Home Owners Association

Hampton Inn (111 & Davenport) old Club Nico

Post by charlie123 »

I heard a rumor that someone was negotiating to buy the property that Club Nico sits on in order to tear it down and build a hotel.  it would be a great location as the Ameritrade Campus continues to develop and the fact that the new Marriott hotel next door to Grisanti's sits at a very high occupancy rate.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I thought we had a thread on this but I can't seem to find it.

I just looked and it has been owned by the same people forever "DANNY & ANITA YINN"  I heard at one time the big shot from CBS Home bought it but apparently not.

Club Nico Building

Post by Guest »

i had heard the same thing.... Ralph supposedly bought it.  Perhaps he just rented it.  If memory serves me correctly, it originally opened up as "The Imperial Palace".  The building perhaps isn't in the right location nor design to attract someone else to lease it, nor customers to go into it.

Post by Guest »

The Yinn's are the founders of Imperial Palace. Unless something has happened very recently, they still own the building.

Post by Guest »

Brad wrote:I thought we had a thread on this but I can't seem to find it.

I just looked and it has been owned by the same people forever "DANNY & ANITA YINN"  I heard at one time the big shot from CBS Home bought it but apparently not.
The "big shot" was Ralph Morasco and the club was named after his son Nico.  Anyone who has ever listened to a husker football radio broadcast in the past 5-10 years was subjected to annoying CBS ads with the both of them.  Interesting that he never owned it outright though, he must've leased it.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Anonymous wrote:The Yinn's are the founders of Imperial Palace.
And Hiro.
Stable genius.
Omaha Restaurant Examiner
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Omaha Restaurant Examiner »

Danny and Anita Yin own the club Nico building and leased it to the Nico people.

Hiro was started by his brother Milton Yin and his wife Norma, and they currently own Hiro West and Hiro 88.

Post by Guest »

he did buy it in 2003 and then sold it in 2009. Yin's own it now. Not sure if they used to or not.
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

I just drove by the former Club Nico Building.  There are a handful of guys out there removing some (so far, maybe all?) of the nice ornamental trees around the front of the building with a nursery spade...not sure what is going on, but it certainly seems a bit strange that the somewhat abandoned building would start selling off trees?  Hurting for money?  Tearing it down??  I also noticed last week that an SUV was sitting out front and the doors were open.  Is it perhaps reopening as something else? ..or being torn down as the rumor for a future hotel may be true?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

charlie123 wrote:I just drove by the former Club Nico Building.  There are a handful of guys out there removing some (so far, maybe all?) of the nice ornamental trees around the front of the building with a nursery spade...not sure what is going on, but it certainly seems a bit strange that the somewhat abandoned building would start selling off trees?  Hurting for money?  Tearing it down??  I also noticed last week that an SUV was sitting out front and the doors were open.  Is it perhaps reopening as something else? ..or being torn down as the rumor for a future hotel may be true?
I was in that parking lot shooting a photo of the TD Ameritrade Tower the other day it it looked like someone had been inside stripping materials out of it.  There was some junk piled by the back door.
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

After a bit of research, I see on the assessors site that the Club Nico building was purchased on 12/15/11 by "WEST DODGE LODGING ASSOCIATES II LLC"  The sales data has a Utah address...which looks to be the same management company or investors who were involved in the Marriott Suites built in the former Guitars and Cadillacs location (next to Grisanti's)  No record w/Douglas County yet as far as permits pulled for work to be done.

Post by Guest »

The hotel at Westroads is losing its Hampton Inn flag.  Nico will be torn down for a Hampton Inn and I believe the Hampton at Westroads will become Comfort Inn (notice the change to a Holiday Inn on 88th and Dodge..)
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The former Imperial Palace building was the most beautiful restaurant in Omaha, complete with an interior stream populated by koi.  I have missed that incarnation of the building.  But I have my memories, I guess.  A new hotel will be nice.
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

Anonymous wrote:The hotel at Westroads is losing its Hampton Inn flag.  Nico will be torn down for a Hampton Inn and I believe the Hampton at Westroads will become Comfort Inn (notice the change to a Holiday Inn on 88th and Dodge..)
Grow Omaha just posted this on their FB page too :)
byrdrules
Home Owners Association

Post by byrdrules »

Anonymous wrote:The hotel at Westroads is losing its Hampton Inn flag.  Nico will be torn down for a Hampton Inn and I believe the Hampton at Westroads will become Comfort Inn (notice the change to a Holiday Inn on 88th and Dodge..)
What's sad is that one of the main reasons that the Westroads location is losing its flag is because they couldn't put in a pool.  I don't even remember ever staying at places that had pools when I was little, these crazy spoiled kids nowadays...
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

I posted in the same forum area a note about the new Mariott Residence Inn under construction on 182nd & Cuming (next to new CSG campus).  Perhaps that is cancelling out the project that was going to take place here?  (Removing the NICO building and building a Marriott Residence Inn).  perhaps more potential was discovered at the 182nd location???
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

Looks like Demolition is beginning at the former Club Nico    Men are on the roof removing the roof tiles
This photo taken today at 9:30AM.   Roof tiles are being neatly stacked on pallets on the South West side of the building.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

The Planning Department web site does show "Hampton Inn" as name of project for the parcel in which the former Club Nico sits on.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

charlie123 wrote:The Planning Department web site does show "Hampton Inn" as name of project for the parcel in which the former Club Nico sits on.
Would make sense because they moved out of their Westroads location.  Would be cool to see a decent design to complement TD Ameritrade.  Most likely we will get a crappy standard hotel finishes.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

That was such a gorgeous Chinese restaurant when it was first built.  With a koi stream meandering through the lounge and into the restaurant.  It really was a palace.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

nativeomahan wrote:That was such a gorgeous Chinese restaurant when it was first built.  With a koi stream meandering through the lounge and into the restaurant.  It really was a palace.
Yes, exactly. I remember that place.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

according to WOWT, it could be demolished in the next 3 weeks.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Brad wrote:according to WOWT, it could be demolished in the next 3 weeks.
It's about time they do. It was a cool building, but it has really fallen apart.
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

article mentions Club Nico Biliding (Copper Thief caught)

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Man- ... 35951.html
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Demolition started today.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Brad wrote:Demolition started today.
I drove by over lunch and they've started bring down the east side of the building.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Looks like the foundation of the new building is in and the plumbers are ruffing in pipe.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

What is going in here?  Another hotel?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote:What is going in here?  Another hotel?
Yes, I believe its a Hampton Inn.
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Thats exciting to hear.. a lot of new hotels opening up around town. Seems like around the Old Mill area a lot of new construction should be going on with the new TD building being moved into soon.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

guitarguy wrote:Thats exciting to hear.. a lot of new hotels opening up around town. Seems like around the Old Mill area a lot of new construction should be going on with the new TD building being moved into soon.
Soon? Lol. We've been moved in for probably more than a month now. Last week we just brought a lot of associates up from our other offices across the country to be able to check out the new HQ. Interestingly enough, the two remote members on my team were staying at the Hilton downtown instead of the hotels nearby, which I found weird. Last time they were here about five months ago when we were across the street at the One Exchange building (which is still one of three other buildings in our Old Mill campus that we are keeping) , one stayed in an Old Mill hotel and another in a Regency Hotel.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130830/M ... -mill-area
Project manager Tim Berg with developer Lodging Dynamics Hospitality Group said the Hampton Inn going up at 11201 Davenport St., formerly the site of dance club Nico, is expected to be complete by April 2014.

The hotel will feature 110 rooms, an indoor pool, spa and exercise room, Berg said. Lodging Dynamics also developed the extended stay TownePlace Suites, also in the Old Mill at 10865 West Dodge Road and the former site of Guitars and Cadillacs nightclub.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

I've been watching it go up and have been wondering how tall it will be. I'm guessing four stories like TownePlace across the creek. Does anyone know have many rooms TownePlace has?
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

HR Paperstacks wrote:I've been watching it go up and have been wondering how tall it will be. I'm guessing four stories like TownePlace across the creek. Does anyone know have many rooms TownePlace has?
I believe it has 108 rooms
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Omaha_Gabe wrote:
HR Paperstacks wrote:I've been watching it go up and have been wondering how tall it will be. I'm guessing four stories like TownePlace across the creek. Does anyone know have many rooms TownePlace has?
I believe it has 108 rooms
So that means this will most likely be four stories. Last I saw on Friday, they were working on putting up the third.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Did they ever build an elevator shaft for it?
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Brad wrote:Did they ever build an elevator shaft for it?
You know, now that you say that, I have not seen an elevator shaft. I'll have to look when I go to work on Tuesday. I have a really nice view from above. But I can tell you that as of yesterday, they were working on the third floor and there was nothing towering over that. So my guess is no.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Nope.  But they have two shafts (for either elevators or a staircase) on the hotel going up next to the Hilton Garden on 180th and W. Dodge Rd.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote:
Nope.  But they have two shafts (for either elevators or a staircase) on the hotel going up next to the Hilton Garden on 180th and W. Dodge Rd.
I saw that the other day which made me think that I never saw anything like that on this hotel.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Sorry for the dots. All the windows are covered in them at the TDA HQ. They have something to do with keeping heat from sunshine out.