Farm Credit Services of America (120 & Q)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I heard from a friend today that Farm Credit Services of America is going to be building a new building (77,000 sq ft) to go with what they already have on S 118th.
Brad
City Council

Re: Farm Credit Services Of America

Post by Brad »

Uffda wrote:I heard from a friend today that Farm Credit Services of America is going to be building a new building (77,000 sq ft) to go with what they already have on S 118th.
Where at?  Out west again?
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Yes at their property at 118th and Q. The building they have now was built in 2002.

Thanks for moving it brad
Last edited by Uffda on Wed May 28, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Uffda wrote:Oops Please Move this to suburban threads Brad.

Yes at their property at 118th and Q. The building they have now was built in 2002.

Good for them, that's a great looking building they have now, hopefully the new one is up to the same standards.  I hear that is also a great place to work.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Work under way on Farm Credit Services building

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091221/MONEY/712219976
Jeffrey Robb WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Farm Credit Services of America is expanding its Omaha headquarters as it prepares to bring together local staff and set aside space for future expansion.

Construction of a $17 million, 77,000-square-foot office building is under way adjacent to the farm lending cooperative’s current headquarters near 120th and Q Streets.

When construction is complete in summer 2011, Farm Credit Services will move 100 employees from space currently leased near 108th and L Streets, housing about 400 employees at the central office, said Ann Finkner, senior vice president and chief administrative officer.
[quote='Jeffrey Robb
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER"]When completed, the building is expected to be certified as environmental friendly, according to the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED rating system.[/quote]
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

I noticed the site a couple of weeks ago and forgot about it.  What a turn about... once talking about selling out to the highest bidder, now expanding.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
charlie123
Home Owners Association

118th & P (betwen O & P street)

Post by charlie123 »

Does anyone know what is going in on the corner just down from Kalbredo's gas station off of Q street (just to the north).  recently a decent sized building was torn down.  I didn't see another post on here on this.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The half circle lot?  
http://douglasne.mapping-online.com/Dou ... 2508675074

Owned By Farm Credit.
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

yes, in the half circle lot.    I was going to post a picture, but don't seem to have permission to do so w/my posts.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

charlie123 wrote:yes, in the half circle lot.    I was going to post a picture, but don't seem to have permission to do so w/my posts.
Anyone can post a photo.  Please make sure you DO NOT have "Disable BBCode in this post" checked right above submit button.

Also Check out this thread for more help:
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6539
Guest1

118th and P (Vetter office building)

Post by Guest1 »

Someone was asking about the building that was town down on 118th and P (the old Vetter Office Building) in the Suburban Development forum.  Farm Credit purchased the building and tore it down for parking.  Nothing is going in there for the time being except a parking lot.  From what I heard the building had a lot of mold too which hastened it's demolition.  I'm sure they will use it for future expansion but that will be awhile since they've got their fancy new building that they just opened up in October.
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

Thanks Brad for the info on how to post an image.   It took a few tries..... I wasn't clicking on the image button at the right time.  
I used imageshack.

Below is the image I was trying to post.  This is the building I was inquiring about (now it's gone), as later explained, for a parking lot for Farm Credit

Courtesy: Google

Bugeater
Library Board

Post by Bugeater »

Wow, they paid $3M for the property in 2008, that seems like an awfully expensive parking lot.
Life is the sh*t that happens while we wait for moments that never come.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Farm Credit just submitted a Site Plan Review for this parcel.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (163.88 KiB) Viewed 2327 times
CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Re: Farm Credit Services of America (120 & Q)

Post by CapitalGuy »

Someone mentioned to me that Farm Credit was also going to take the Carol Hotel property. If that has been posted previously on this site, my apologies.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Any news on what it entails? Is it for the whole property or just the half-circle shaped parcel?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Any news on what it entails? Is it for the whole property or just the half-circle shaped parcel?
From what I can tell, just the former Vetter building now parking lot half circle.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

CapitalGuy wrote:Someone mentioned to me that Farm Credit was also going to take the Carol Hotel property. If that has been posted previously on this site, my apologies.

You are correct, this was also mentioned in the Carol Hotel thread. I like to see Farm Credit expanding over there. Great employer for Omaha that pays very very well.

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

On the former Vetter land, Farm Credit West: 110k sq ft office building, 107k sq ft garage.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Looked like a tower crane was going up today.
obvious2677
Library Board

Post by obvious2677 »

New front entrance on the right building (supposedly complete 2019), new building on the left (2020).

Photos: https://app.truelook.com/?u=fo151267273 ... e_archives
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Love it. So happy about the addition. Their building is very sharply designed (the brick design on the facade alone is amazing), so I know this new addition will compliment it perfectly.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.