Nebraska Multisports Complex

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

GrandpaaSmucker
Home Owners Association
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Nebraska Multisports Complex

Postby GrandpaaSmucker » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:57 pm

So we went from breaking dirt soon to were hoping to raise more money this year. Did I get that right or did I miss something. This project is chuck full of obvious Fake News mixed in with a strong lack of Transparency. Looks to smucks like me like the patient went FUBAR but still had enough pulse (Donor money) to give them hope that they could save the patient with a pacemaker :shock:

choke
Human Relations
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Nebraska Multisports Complex

Postby choke » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:11 am

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:So we went from breaking dirt soon to were hoping to raise more money this year. Did I get that right or did I miss something. This project is chuck full of obvious Fake News mixed in with a strong lack of Transparency. Looks to smucks like me like the patient went FUBAR but still had enough pulse (Donor money) to give them hope that they could save the patient with a pacemaker :shock:


Stothert may have been smart not to bite on this one.

bigredmed1
Home Owners Association
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Nebraska Multisports Complex

Postby bigredmed1 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:01 am

choke wrote:
GrandpaaSmucker wrote:So we went from breaking dirt soon to were hoping to raise more money this year. Did I get that right or did I miss something. This project is chuck full of obvious Fake News mixed in with a strong lack of Transparency. Looks to smucks like me like the patient went FUBAR but still had enough pulse (Donor money) to give them hope that they could save the patient with a pacemaker :shock:


Stothert may have been smart not to bite on this one.


This seems like one of the things that is cooked up by a group of rich people who bit off more than they can chew. Now they want to keep it, but want the taxpayers to carry the heavy weight. Of course, their names will still go on the building.

almighty_tuna
County Board
Posts: 4468
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Contact:

Re: Nebraska Multisports Complex

Postby almighty_tuna » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:20 am

Fwiw, signs touting the complex have been taken down at 120th & Giles and bare plywood left in its place. Looks like these plans drowned.

WBR_Tom
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:02 pm
Location: Papillion, Omaha, and Everything in Between

Re: Nebraska Multisports Complex

Postby WBR_Tom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:43 am

almighty_tuna wrote:Fwiw, signs touting the complex have been taken down at 120th & Giles and bare plywood left in its place. Looks like these plans drowned.


The signs were blown off by the wind during one of our January storms. I drive by them every day and saw the sign blowing around in the field one afternoon, leaving just the plywood base, as you said.

But yeah, I'll be totally shocked if this thing actually happens at this point. I think it's a dead project.

OmahaFan
Home Owners Association
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Nebraska Multisports Complex

Postby OmahaFan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:30 am

I think its dead in the water but who knows?


Greg S
County Board
Posts: 3749
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Multisports Complex

Postby Greg S » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:51 am

Doesn't look good but I think it eventually happens just because of who is behind the effort.

Omaha really has fallen behind in youth sports facilities. Even if this were built we are stil far behind.

Greg


Return to “Suburban Omaha Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest