Relocating to Omaha - need advice on apartments

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

tas82
New to the Neighborhood

Relocating to Omaha - need advice on apartments

Post by tas82 »

Hey guys - I've been lurking around the forum off and on for the past ten months as I've been on a few interviews in Omaha.  Now I am excited to be relocating to Omaha next month!  I am familiar with the general lay-of-the-land of the metro from my explorations and research on great sites like this.  But I am just starting to look at apartments and wanted to get some input.  I am thinking I want to get a place in the general West Omaha area (which I know is pretty big).  I am looking for a typical nice, preferably newer apartment complex and my range for a 1BR is $600-750.  I thought maybe there were certain areas that have high concentrations of these types of complexes that are popular like maybe around Westroads Mall or other places along Dodge.  Other areas I was thinking of would be West Dodge addition, Blondo and 120th area, 144th St (which might be a bit far from downtown?), Pacific near 120th, etc. etc.  I would appreciate any thoughts of good apartment complexes or areas to look at in these or other parts of the general West Omaha area.  Thanks and I can't wait to move to such an awesome area!
Tom
Last edited by tas82 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Tons of apartments to the east of Westroads!  Not sure the price ranges, but I think that'd be a great spot.
omaharocks
New to the Neighborhood

Post by omaharocks »

I moved out of the Bentley Apartments 6 years ago (bought a house, got married), but lived in a one bedroom there for 6 1/2 years.  They're just east of the Westroads at 95th & Burt.  GREAT location close to I-680 and Dodge; only 1 and 2 bedroom units; small complex; nice workout room and pool.  The management was amazing when I was there.  Not sure what the rents are now, but you might want to add them to your list.  Good luck!
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Well anywhere west of I-680 is a bit far from downtown. But there are a bunch of concentrations of apartments in certain areas - 108th & Old Maple-Dodge corridor, 102nd & Hamilton, Papillion Pkwy (~114th) & Blondo, 114th & Maple, 114th & Center, 120th & Burt, 122nd & Pacific, 96th-99th & Q-Harrison area, 90th & Burt, Paddock Rd (~99th & Center), 144th & Center, 150th & Dodge, 150th & Maple, 156th & Q.
koberaptor
Home Owners Association

Post by koberaptor »

OSILayer8Support wrote:Well anywhere west of I-680 is a bit far from downtown. But there are a bunch of concentrations of apartments in certain areas - 108th & Old Maple-Dodge corridor, 102nd & Hamilton, Papillion Pkwy (~114th) & Blondo, 114th & Maple, 114th & Center, 120th & Burt, 122nd & Pacific, 96th-99th & Q-Harrison area, 90th & Burt, Paddock Rd (~99th & Center), 144th & Center, 150th & Dodge, 150th & Maple, 156th & Q.
Theres nothing but malls and car dealers on 144th and center
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

koberaptor wrote:Theres nothing but malls and car dealers on 144th and center
Not sure what they are refering too, but there is a decent sized complex north of the Old Chicago on 144th and Cetner
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

And can someone tell me where all the car dealers are near this intersection?  My guess is that someone is invesioning another location.

Brad wrote:
Not sure what they are refering too, but there is a decent sized complex north of the Old Chicago on 144th and Cetner
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Brad wrote:
Brad, you are correct. I was talking about the apartments off 140th & Arbor.
Bugeater
Library Board

Post by Bugeater »

I see you mentioned 120th and Pacific, stay the heck away from Pacific Winds, that place is a freaking hole.

Find something managed by either Broadmoor or Seldin, they're the only management companies around that I've dealt with that don't seem sketchy.
Life is the sh*t that happens while we wait for moments that never come.
Bugeater
Library Board

Post by Bugeater »

OSILayer8Support wrote:
Brad wrote:
Brad, you are correct. I was talking about the apartments off 140th & Arbor.
There's two of them up that way, Georgetowne and Apple Creek. Georgetowne used to be dumpy, no idea what it's like these days. Apple Creek is newer and a bit more upscale.
Life is the sh*t that happens while we wait for moments that never come.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

If you're open to something closer to downtown, there's a lot of new apartments in the Midtown area, as well as Aksarben.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

When I first moved to town in 2002 I lived in the Enclave Apartments - Broadmoor corporation -- http://www.broadmoor.cc/apartments-omaha3.html -- which are about 99th and Q. I had to travel down to North omaha to teach and usually could get there in about 15 minutes. The apartments and staff were great. Not sure what they charge these days.