Marriott Residence Inn (180th and Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

charlie123
Home Owners Association

Marriott Residence Inn (180th and Dodge)

Post by charlie123 »

They started moving dirt this week for a new Marriott Residence inn off of 180th & Dodge Street (182nd & Cuming is the address) next to the CSG campus (just west).  I didn't see anything on the Forums about it, so hopefully I'm not posting a duplicate post.  I will try to take pictures tonight and post tomorrow.    The land around the new hotel under construction and CSG is a perfect place for a restaurant, bar or pub type place.... I heard the CSG employees are keeping the Village Pointe restaurants busy at lunch time.   With CSG, the Seim Johnson/Pinnacle building and all of the dealerships + the homes to the North...there's a lot of potential for other service-type businesses to thrive in the immediate area.  

I couldn't find anymore information on the hotel being built, just a permit from a hospitality architect in Tulsa, Oklahoma.   The only notice on the site is a small sign at the entrance from the engineering firm which notes that it's a Marriott Residence Inn.  The Omaha permit web site states "1 building" only
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

Images of Hotel Construction (taken 9/27)   Most photos taken from the west side of the property facing East towards CSG's new campus
Map courtesy of DC Assessor GIS Mapping

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Thanks for the leg work!
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

I did some quick research on the parcels across from the Marriott Residence Inn (to the west) and found that there were plans approved by the City of Omaha for a Toyota dealership to be built across the street from the Marriott... the subject parcel is in my image above (the map) and is the one I placed a Red Arrow on which points to the Marriott location.   The city approved plans to eliminate what was going to be Strip malls of Retail on both sides of Cuming Street (and 182nd).   ---now the west side will have a Toyota Dealership at some point in the future, assuming nothing has changed since January, when approved.
Fromaha
Home Owners Association

Post by Fromaha »

That will be the future location of Old Mill Toyota. I think there may have been a World Herald article confirming about this a few months ago. I don't recall when they were going to be moving. It sounded like it was going to be this summer - but obviously that did not happen. Perhaps next year.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Yes, it will be called Village Pointe Toyota.  For whatever reason construction has been delayed one year, to 2013.  Big signs are up at Old Mill Toyota.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

This is topped out.  It is actually fairly large.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

New Hotel going up next to CSG:

nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Brad, we won't ask how you spent your Saturday!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote:Brad, we won't ask how you spent your Saturday!
Lol, its fun!  I like getting out and seeing what's going.
mrdwhsr
Library Board

Post by mrdwhsr »

Brad wrote:New Hotel going up next to CSG:

I know it is a work in progress and it is the end result that counts. But as I pass by daily I keep asking: are they working from blueprints or just nailing boards together?

:?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

mrdwhsr wrote:
Brad wrote:New Hotel going up next to CSG:

I know it is a work in progress and it is the end result that counts. But as I pass by daily I keep asking: are they working from blueprints or just nailing boards together?

:?
Are you referring to the roofs that appear to slop the wrong way?  I think it looks kind of cool.
mrdwhsr
Library Board

Post by mrdwhsr »

Yes (the roof slopes). I agree (it is cool). There are so many changes of geometric shapes during the construction of a building that are just very interesting. The framing started with the basic rectangular box and has gone far beyond that simple shape. This project has offered more line angles and intercepts than the typical hotel. It has been fun to watch the progress. I bet it has been fun to photograph as well
jgomaha
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jgomaha »

it's coming along nicely, got a couple nice shots today...

Last edited by jgomaha on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

fixed - you were copying the page the image was displayed on, not the link to the image itself
jgomaha
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jgomaha »

Thanks almighty_tuna, i think we may have edited it at the same time, i re-tried the postimage steps and thought it posted the thumbnails.. or was that thanks to your magic touch? :)
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I couldn't find this thread when I posted a pic earlier so I merged the two together.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

I'm not sure if its the permanent color, but the building is turning grayish black.
schumatt
Home Owners Association

Post by schumatt »

Here's a quick shot of the north/west façade as I was pulling into the CSG parking lot yesterday. The stone facing is looking really good!

Coyote
City Council

Re: Official: Village Point

Post by Coyote »

Marriott: Residence Inn (Next to VP Toyota)

Brad
City Council

Re: Official: Village Point

Post by Brad »

That hotel either has it's own thread or it's on the west dodge station thread. It's not part of village point. I will find it when I get home.

EDIT - Photos have been moved to the correct thread.