Development in and around Gretna

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Postby nebugeater » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:55 pm

New location for Gretna Family Health.  Moved into the former Reichert Dentistry building that they outgrew after only a few years

Image
Gretna Family Healthl Oct 20 2013 -1 by nebugeater, on Flickr


New Reichert Dentistry building that looks to be at least double the size of the new building they built just a few short years ago when opening in Gretna.

Image
Reichert Dentistry Oct 20 2013 -1 by nebugeater, on Flickr
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Postby nebugeater » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:01 pm

U Save Pharmacy that opened in Gretna late this summer.  They bought out the locally owned Gretna Pharmacy and many of the employees and prescriptions transferred here.




Image
U Save Oct 20 2013 -1 by nebugeater, on Flickr


Image
U Save Oct 20 2013 -2 by nebugeater, on Flickr
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21081
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Postby Coyote » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:12 pm

I've never thought about this, but, does Gretna have a 'downtown'?
Image

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Postby nebugeater » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:15 pm

Coyote wrote:I've never thought about this, but, does Gretna have a 'downtown'?


Yes it does but it is not very active.  There was a movement about 7 or so years ago to  pump some live back into it but it hit up against the economy dumping.  Plenty of empty building and a couple of bars, daycare, children's library and a few other businesses but not really retail.  I will shoot a couple of photos some time.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Postby nebugeater » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Here is a gigapan that I did in 2009 of part of DT Gretna when I just got my Gigapan head.  Down't show all of it and it is not that great of quality but you can get some idea.  Here is the link since the embedding does not work with this version of this BBS.



http://gigapan.com/gigapans?query=gretna+ne
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21081
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Postby Coyote » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:22 pm

nebugeater wrote:
Coyote wrote:I've never thought about this, but, does Gretna have a 'downtown'?


Yes it does but it is not very active.  There was a movement about 7 or so years ago to  pump some live back into it but it hit up against the economy dumping.  Plenty of empty building and a couple of bars, daycare, children's library and a few other businesses but not really retail.  I will shoot a couple of photos some time.


I did a flyover on Google Earth and couldn't find anything, what streets would that be?
Image

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Postby nebugeater » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:05 pm

Coyote wrote:
nebugeater wrote:
Coyote wrote:I've never thought about this, but, does Gretna have a 'downtown'?


Yes it does but it is not very active.  There was a movement about 7 or so years ago to  pump some live back into it but it hit up against the economy dumping.  Plenty of empty building and a couple of bars, daycare, children's library and a few other businesses but not really retail.  I will shoot a couple of photos some time.


I did a flyover on Google Earth and couldn't find anything, what streets would that be?


McKenna Ave. it is west of hwy 6/31. Fly down the hwy and then West on Angus. I did not go check but I believe the google street view has it, most if not all of Gretna is covered.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 9036
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Postby iamjacobm » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:09 pm

Any apartment complexes going up in Gretna?  With that many retail jobs coming down the street I have to think Gretna will need a lot more apartment units.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21081
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Postby Coyote » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Channel  7 will have a segment at 10:00 called Gretna's Growing Pains: what it might mean for city government...
Image

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21081
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Postby Coyote » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:15 pm

I hope they post this article. Basically Gretna is 95 census people from becoming a first class city; either through the 2020 census, a special census taken, or annexing SID's, which there are several begging for. If they attain this there would be federal money available for road work. They purchased 90 acres to the north for a new High School, and are active in finding new businesses...
Image

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21081
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Postby Coyote » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:23 pm

And, here is the article : Growing Gretna experiences growing pains
Image

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby nebugeater » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:54 pm

There was a NOW OPEN sign in front of the Ace Hardware for the first time on my way home tonight.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re:

Postby nebugeater » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:43 am

I guess everything I had heard abou this had me thinking this was a second location for those that owned Blair Auto mall. Drove through Blair on Friday and was surprised that they were closed and the sign out front said Thanks for the business... visit our new location in Gretna. Or something along those lines.



nebugeater wrote:Looks like the Owner of Blair auto mall is building a new used car outlet in Gretna. All indoors. Going to be built near where the Goodwill store is now going up.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130719/N" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -in-gretna




Gretna Auto Outlet, which aims to call Gretna home by the start of 2014.


He said his used car dealership will be unique to the area as it will be inside a 20,000 square foot building. While construction has not begun, the building will stand just south of Highway 6 and west of Brian Street near the new Goodwill development.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28672
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby Brad » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:27 am

The owner's brother was in the gallery a few weeks ago. He said he was excited to move. Didn't say much about the Blair location other than "He's done with Blair". He showed me a couple photos on his phone of some coffee bar they have inside. It didn't have the equipment in it yet, just a counter and a couple cabinets. Nice Guy.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby nebugeater » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Jimmy John's opening in Gretna

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140409/GO/140419988" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For anyone that knows Gretna it will be in the former Green Apple space right next to Anytime Fitness.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby nebugeater » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:56 am

Development of about 10 Acres near Hwy 6 and Lincoln Road into Mixed use project

Will be called Royal View

Image


http://www.dcpostgazette.com/gretnaguid ... ge&photo=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


The Royal View Mixed-Use Community is a private development project that got started with a group of local developers, business owners and entrepreneurs that have a strong interest in quality growth in the city of Gretna in a way that is not only attractive to the community but also fits the needs that the community has today and moving forward. The project itself has quite the mix. ...........................
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:39 am
Location: New York City..Soon To Be Omaha
Contact:

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby guitarguy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:57 am

This is whats gonna take Gretna to the full suburb class.. Hopefully the eating options in here provide whats missing in the Gretna area.
mountzenith New Album Releasing This Week.. Download For Free Here

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 9036
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby iamjacobm » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Should really improve that side of the city. One could of thought that all the new development would of been south toward the Outlet Mall and the older part of Gretna could of suffered a bit. Now the city will have two solid anchors on its edge.

Trips
Home Owners Association
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby Trips » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:21 am

Does anyone know the plans for the SE corner of 192nd and Hwy 370? This is the property owned by CHHH Investments (Curt Hofer, Castlewood Homes) It is directly to the west of the Alegent Health land. I saw a couple of dozers deep into the field with about a dozen work trucks this morning. It did not look farm related and I did not see any plans online.

Habits76
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:39 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby Habits76 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:34 am

Trips wrote:Does anyone know the plans for the SE corner of 192nd and Hwy 370?  This is the property owned by CHHH Investments (Curt Hofer, Castlewood Homes)  It is directly to the west of the Alegent Health land.  I saw a couple of dozers deep into the field with about a dozen work trucks this morning.  It did not look farm related and I did not see any plans online.


I used to work for CHC and remember seeing some initial renderings a few years back but that might have changed since then. From what I recall it was going to be retail space and possibly a hospital to be built on the property as well. Also, I think the property is owned under Jasperstone development a company that spun off from Curt Hofer Construction. I'll try and figure out whats going on here as I still have some contacts over there.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby nebugeater » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:02 am

Probably unlikely that anyone that frequents here will know but I will ask anyway.

Does anyone know what is being started along Hwy 6 in the undeveloped area in front of the Plume Creek development. This area has set ideal for a long time and this week there was some heavy equipment in there doing dirt worked. Looked like they started to put some underground utilities in and then are doing prelim grading for something. It looks to take up about the center 1/3 of the total area. I have searched and asked a few people and so far I have not figured out what is going on there. Yesterday there was a small construction trailer on site. I didn't catch the company name on the trailer yet
Attachments
Gretna 2b.jpg
Gretna 2b.jpg (85.45 KiB) Viewed 2366 times
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Trips
Home Owners Association
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby Trips » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:50 pm

I did not see anything approved yet but it looks like someone bought the land in July.

I did see that the Rod Kush land was approved for a Senior Living development.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby nebugeater » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Trips wrote:I did not see anything approved yet but it looks like someone bought the land in July.

I did see that the Rod Kush land was approved for a Senior Living development.



I had not found anything yet ether on the X

Had heard that the Kusch property was approved,
Already been a long time since this in 2012, so about time something happens there.

ImageFire Training -190 by nebugeater, on Flickr
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
PotatoeEatsFish
Library Board
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby PotatoeEatsFish » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:42 pm

My parents were talking about how back in the 1990s and 2000s people thought Blair would grow a lot however It obviously has not. Anyone know why people thought it would grow?
I got that Milf $

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2118
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:04 pm

PotatoeEatsFish wrote:My parents were talking about how back in the 1990s and 2000s people thought Blair would grow a lot however It obviously has not. Anyone know why people thought it would grow?


There was a brief period around that time when the exurbs were trendy. Before gas got expensive, people were bypassing the suburbs and heading for the exurbs. That was luckily a short lived trend.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 833
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby GRANDPASMUCKER » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:25 pm

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
PotatoeEatsFish wrote:My parents were talking about how back in the 1990s and 2000s people thought Blair would grow a lot however It obviously has not. Anyone know why people thought it would grow?


There was a brief period around that time when the exurbs were trendy. Before gas got expensive, people were bypassing the suburbs and heading for the exurbs. That was luckily a short lived trend.


Not true. Blair is just too far. Its a good 20 minute drive at 60 miles an hour to Blair from the North end of Omaha. If you think people are not moving in droves to Gretna, Papillion, and Bellevue look again.

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2118
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:16 am

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
PotatoeEatsFish wrote:My parents were talking about how back in the 1990s and 2000s people thought Blair would grow a lot however It obviously has not. Anyone know why people thought it would grow?


There was a brief period around that time when the exurbs were trendy. Before gas got expensive, people were bypassing the suburbs and heading for the exurbs. That was luckily a short lived trend.


Not true. Blair is just too far. Its a good 20 minute drive at 60 miles an hour to Blair from the North end of Omaha. If you think people are not moving in droves to Gretna, Papillion, and Bellevue look again.


If the trend continued, Blair would become more appealing to exurban types. It grew some around that time, but the growth has since slowed and it's lost people since 2010.

Papillion and Bellevue aren't exurbs and Gretna is quickly losing that title.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby nebugeater » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:08 am

It is more about access and less about distance.

By access I mean easy of the drive and location to other options such as Lincoln for Gretna in particular. I know plenty of people that one spouse works in the Omaha area and another in the Lincoln Area.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby nebugeater » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:03 am

There is a lot being graded near WalMart at I80 and 370. It on the same side of Wickersham as the Kum and Go gas station and across the street from Arby's. Looks like it will be a Taco John's

https://www.tacojohns.com/locations/

11310 Wickersham (Coming Soon)
11310 Wickersham
Gretna, NE 68028
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby nebugeater » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:27 am

nebugeater wrote:Probably unlikely that anyone that frequents here will know but I will ask anyway.

Does anyone know what is being started along Hwy 6 in the undeveloped area in front of the Plume Creek development. This area has set ideal for a long time and this week there was some heavy equipment in there doing dirt worked. Looked like they started to put some underground utilities in and then are doing prelim grading for something. It looks to take up about the center 1/3 of the total area. I have searched and asked a few people and so far I have not figured out what is going on there. Yesterday there was a small construction trailer on site. I didn't catch the company name on the trailer yet



Betting this is a Dental facility based on a little rooting around.

Per the Sarpy County Assessors site this was purchased by
AVENUE G PROPERTY HOLDINGS LLC
214 EAST ERIE ST
MISSOURI VALLEY IA 51555

When you google this address a Dental location comes up named Midland Dental Group.
Go to their web site and they have a number of locations. On is in Gretna and it is an older small location.

http://www.midlandsdentalgroup.com/loca ... _hours.php
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21081
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby Coyote » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:49 am

nebugeater wrote:Betting this is a Dental facility based on a little rooting around.


Is that a Dental Pun? :mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby nebugeater » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:54 am

Coyote wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Betting this is a Dental facility based on a little rooting around.


Is that a Dental Pun? :mrgreen:



Yep
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Trips
Home Owners Association
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby Trips » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:30 am

Aspen Creek 2 is adding 280 additional houses just North of the current development. This will take them all the way to Cornhusker Road.

I also notice that Sarpy County approved plans to change 180th and 192nd from Harrison to Hwy 370. They are now going to make a road from 192nd and Cornhusker going NE to meet up at 180th and Giles. Picture is in the link.

http://www.sarpy.com/pcommission/docume ... Street.pdf

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby HR Paperstacks » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Trips wrote:Aspen Creek 2 is adding 280 additional houses just North of the current development. This will take them all the way to Cornhusker Road.

I also notice that Sarpy County approved plans to change 180th and 192nd from Harrison to Hwy 370. They are now going to make a road from 192nd and Cornhusker going NE to meet up at 180th and Giles. Picture is in the link.

http://www.sarpy.com/pcommission/docume ... Street.pdf

Why would they make 180th discontinuous as a major arterial street when they plan on putting an interchange in for 180th at I-80? I understand that there's some existence development along 180th, but that street has been in MAPA's LRTP for a while now.

Trips
Home Owners Association
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby Trips » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:50 pm

That was my first thought. Seems like it would only help the eastbound Hwy 370 drivers that wanted to go north on 180th. The 180th & I-80 exit and westbound Hwy 370 drivers would still use 180th.

I do like the idea of a diagonal road going 1.4 miles with NO stops vs. going one mile north and one mile east that would have a stop light.

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby HR Paperstacks » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Trips wrote:That was my first thought. Seems like it would only help the eastbound Hwy 370 drivers that wanted to go north on 180th. The 180th & I-80 exit and westbound Hwy 370 drivers would still use 180th.

I do like the idea of a diagonal road going 1.4 miles with NO stops vs. going one mile north and one mile east that would have a stop light.

Splitting this discussion into a Transportation thread: 180th Through Sarpy County

Erik
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1204
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:55 am

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby Erik » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:55 am

Suburbanizing our main arteries. I like it. We should make all of our thoroughfares twisty and curvy in honor of suburbian living.

MTO
City Council
Posts: 7893
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby MTO » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:41 am

...A place where even Nancy Botwin would feel at home.
15-17, 26, 32

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby nebugeater » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:14 am

Gretna City Council OK's Former Kush site plan per OWH

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/gretna- ... cc7cc.html

The Gretna City Council on Tuesday unanimously approved plans by developer Frank Krejci to build Gretna Senior Living, a $23.5 million senior housing project near the northwest corner of Nebraska Highways 6 and 370.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
U R my Helix
Library Board
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 pm

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Postby U R my Helix » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Gretna Senior Living Center (Apartments) 62 Units in 1st Phase. Image

1st phase is two buildings with 62 units. A 2nd phase is reported to add 47 additional units for a total of 109 units. located at 11010 S Highway 31/6 see http://www.dcpostgazette.com/gretnaguid ... mode=story


Return to “Suburban Omaha Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests