Development in and around Gretna

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

New location for Gretna Family Health.  Moved into the former Reichert Dentistry building that they outgrew after only a few years

Gretna Family Healthl Oct 20 2013 -1 by nebugeater, on Flickr

New Reichert Dentistry building that looks to be at least double the size of the new building they built just a few short years ago when opening in Gretna.

Reichert Dentistry Oct 20 2013 -1 by nebugeater, on Flickr
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

U Save Pharmacy that opened in Gretna late this summer.  They bought out the locally owned Gretna Pharmacy and many of the employees and prescriptions transferred here.

U Save Oct 20 2013 -1 by nebugeater, on Flickr

U Save Oct 20 2013 -2 by nebugeater, on Flickr
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I've never thought about this, but, does Gretna have a 'downtown'?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:I've never thought about this, but, does Gretna have a 'downtown'?
Yes it does but it is not very active.  There was a movement about 7 or so years ago to  pump some live back into it but it hit up against the economy dumping.  Plenty of empty building and a couple of bars, daycare, children's library and a few other businesses but not really retail.  I will shoot a couple of photos some time.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Here is a gigapan that I did in 2009 of part of DT Gretna when I just got my Gigapan head.  Down't show all of it and it is not that great of quality but you can get some idea.  Here is the link since the embedding does not work with this version of this BBS.

http://gigapan.com/gigapans?query=gretna+ne
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebugeater wrote:
Yes it does but it is not very active.  There was a movement about 7 or so years ago to  pump some live back into it but it hit up against the economy dumping.  Plenty of empty building and a couple of bars, daycare, children's library and a few other businesses but not really retail.  I will shoot a couple of photos some time.
I did a flyover on Google Earth and couldn't find anything, what streets would that be?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:
nebugeater wrote:
I did a flyover on Google Earth and couldn't find anything, what streets would that be?
McKenna Ave. it is west of hwy 6/31. Fly down the hwy and then West on Angus. I did not go check but I believe the google street view has it, most if not all of Gretna is covered.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Any apartment complexes going up in Gretna?  With that many retail jobs coming down the street I have to think Gretna will need a lot more apartment units.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Channel  7 will have a segment at 10:00 called Gretna's Growing Pains: what it might mean for city government...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I hope they post this article. Basically Gretna is 95 census people from becoming a first class city; either through the 2020 census, a special census taken, or annexing SID's, which there are several begging for. If they attain this there would be federal money available for road work. They purchased 90 acres to the north for a new High School, and are active in finding new businesses...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

And, here is the article : Growing Gretna experiences growing pains
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Post by nebugeater »

There was a NOW OPEN sign in front of the Ace Hardware for the first time on my way home tonight.
nebugeater
City Council

Re:

Post by nebugeater »

I guess everything I had heard abou this had me thinking this was a second location for those that owned Blair Auto mall. Drove through Blair on Friday and was surprised that they were closed and the sign out front said Thanks for the business... visit our new location in Gretna. Or something along those lines.

nebugeater wrote:Looks like the Owner of Blair auto mall is building a new used car outlet in Gretna. All indoors. Going to be built near where the Goodwill store is now going up.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130719/N" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -in-gretna

Gretna Auto Outlet, which aims to call Gretna home by the start of 2014.
He said his used car dealership will be unique to the area as it will be inside a 20,000 square foot building. While construction has not begun, the building will stand just south of Highway 6 and west of Brian Street near the new Goodwill development.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The owner's brother was in the gallery a few weeks ago. He said he was excited to move. Didn't say much about the Blair location other than "He's done with Blair". He showed me a couple photos on his phone of some coffee bar they have inside. It didn't have the equipment in it yet, just a counter and a couple cabinets. Nice Guy.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Jimmy John's opening in Gretna

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140409/GO/140419988" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For anyone that knows Gretna it will be in the former Green Apple space right next to Anytime Fitness.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Development of about 10 Acres near Hwy 6 and Lincoln Road into Mixed use project

Will be called Royal View

http://www.dcpostgazette.com/gretnaguid ... ge&photo=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Royal View Mixed-Use Community is a private development project that got started with a group of local developers, business owners and entrepreneurs that have a strong interest in quality growth in the city of Gretna in a way that is not only attractive to the community but also fits the needs that the community has today and moving forward. The project itself has quite the mix. ...........................
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

This is whats gonna take Gretna to the full suburb class.. Hopefully the eating options in here provide whats missing in the Gretna area.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Should really improve that side of the city. One could of thought that all the new development would of been south toward the Outlet Mall and the older part of Gretna could of suffered a bit. Now the city will have two solid anchors on its edge.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Does anyone know the plans for the SE corner of 192nd and Hwy 370? This is the property owned by CHHH Investments (Curt Hofer, Castlewood Homes) It is directly to the west of the Alegent Health land. I saw a couple of dozers deep into the field with about a dozen work trucks this morning. It did not look farm related and I did not see any plans online.
Habits76
Home Owners Association

Post by Habits76 »

Trips wrote:Does anyone know the plans for the SE corner of 192nd and Hwy 370?  This is the property owned by CHHH Investments (Curt Hofer, Castlewood Homes)  It is directly to the west of the Alegent Health land.  I saw a couple of dozers deep into the field with about a dozen work trucks this morning.  It did not look farm related and I did not see any plans online.
I used to work for CHC and remember seeing some initial renderings a few years back but that might have changed since then. From what I recall it was going to be retail space and possibly a hospital to be built on the property as well. Also, I think the property is owned under Jasperstone development a company that spun off from Curt Hofer Construction. I'll try and figure out whats going on here as I still have some contacts over there.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Probably unlikely that anyone that frequents here will know but I will ask anyway.

Does anyone know what is being started along Hwy 6 in the undeveloped area in front of the Plume Creek development. This area has set ideal for a long time and this week there was some heavy equipment in there doing dirt worked. Looked like they started to put some underground utilities in and then are doing prelim grading for something. It looks to take up about the center 1/3 of the total area. I have searched and asked a few people and so far I have not figured out what is going on there. Yesterday there was a small construction trailer on site. I didn't catch the company name on the trailer yet
Attachments
Gretna 2b.jpg
Gretna 2b.jpg (85.45 KiB) Viewed 18359 times
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

I did not see anything approved yet but it looks like someone bought the land in July.

I did see that the Rod Kush land was approved for a Senior Living development.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Trips wrote:I did not see anything approved yet but it looks like someone bought the land in July.

I did see that the Rod Kush land was approved for a Senior Living development.

I had not found anything yet ether on the X

Had heard that the Kusch property was approved,
Already been a long time since this in 2012, so about time something happens there.

ImageFire Training -190 by nebugeater, on Flickr
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

My parents were talking about how back in the 1990s and 2000s people thought Blair would grow a lot however It obviously has not. Anyone know why people thought it would grow?
#SaveTheUglyGrainSilos2024
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

PotatoeEatsFish wrote:My parents were talking about how back in the 1990s and 2000s people thought Blair would grow a lot however It obviously has not. Anyone know why people thought it would grow?
There was a brief period around that time when the exurbs were trendy. Before gas got expensive, people were bypassing the suburbs and heading for the exurbs. That was luckily a short lived trend.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
PotatoeEatsFish wrote:My parents were talking about how back in the 1990s and 2000s people thought Blair would grow a lot however It obviously has not. Anyone know why people thought it would grow?
There was a brief period around that time when the exurbs were trendy. Before gas got expensive, people were bypassing the suburbs and heading for the exurbs. That was luckily a short lived trend.
Not true. Blair is just too far. Its a good 20 minute drive at 60 miles an hour to Blair from the North end of Omaha. If you think people are not moving in droves to Gretna, Papillion, and Bellevue look again.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
Not true. Blair is just too far. Its a good 20 minute drive at 60 miles an hour to Blair from the North end of Omaha. If you think people are not moving in droves to Gretna, Papillion, and Bellevue look again.
If the trend continued, Blair would become more appealing to exurban types. It grew some around that time, but the growth has since slowed and it's lost people since 2010.

Papillion and Bellevue aren't exurbs and Gretna is quickly losing that title.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

It is more about access and less about distance.

By access I mean easy of the drive and location to other options such as Lincoln for Gretna in particular. I know plenty of people that one spouse works in the Omaha area and another in the Lincoln Area.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

There is a lot being graded near WalMart at I80 and 370. It on the same side of Wickersham as the Kum and Go gas station and across the street from Arby's. Looks like it will be a Taco John's

https://www.tacojohns.com/locations/
11310 Wickersham (Coming Soon)
11310 Wickersham
Gretna, NE 68028
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

nebugeater wrote:Probably unlikely that anyone that frequents here will know but I will ask anyway.

Does anyone know what is being started along Hwy 6 in the undeveloped area in front of the Plume Creek development. This area has set ideal for a long time and this week there was some heavy equipment in there doing dirt worked. Looked like they started to put some underground utilities in and then are doing prelim grading for something. It looks to take up about the center 1/3 of the total area. I have searched and asked a few people and so far I have not figured out what is going on there. Yesterday there was a small construction trailer on site. I didn't catch the company name on the trailer yet

Betting this is a Dental facility based on a little rooting around.

Per the Sarpy County Assessors site this was purchased by
AVENUE G PROPERTY HOLDINGS LLC
214 EAST ERIE ST
MISSOURI VALLEY IA 51555

When you google this address a Dental location comes up named Midland Dental Group.
Go to their web site and they have a number of locations. On is in Gretna and it is an older small location.

http://www.midlandsdentalgroup.com/loca ... _hours.php
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebugeater wrote:Betting this is a Dental facility based on a little rooting around.
Is that a Dental Pun? :mrgreen:
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Betting this is a Dental facility based on a little rooting around.
Is that a Dental Pun? :mrgreen:

Yep
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Aspen Creek 2 is adding 280 additional houses just North of the current development. This will take them all the way to Cornhusker Road.

I also notice that Sarpy County approved plans to change 180th and 192nd from Harrison to Hwy 370. They are now going to make a road from 192nd and Cornhusker going NE to meet up at 180th and Giles. Picture is in the link.

http://www.sarpy.com/pcommission/docume ... Street.pdf
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Trips wrote:Aspen Creek 2 is adding 280 additional houses just North of the current development. This will take them all the way to Cornhusker Road.

I also notice that Sarpy County approved plans to change 180th and 192nd from Harrison to Hwy 370. They are now going to make a road from 192nd and Cornhusker going NE to meet up at 180th and Giles. Picture is in the link.

http://www.sarpy.com/pcommission/docume ... Street.pdf
Why would they make 180th discontinuous as a major arterial street when they plan on putting an interchange in for 180th at I-80? I understand that there's some existence development along 180th, but that street has been in MAPA's LRTP for a while now.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

That was my first thought. Seems like it would only help the eastbound Hwy 370 drivers that wanted to go north on 180th. The 180th & I-80 exit and westbound Hwy 370 drivers would still use 180th.

I do like the idea of a diagonal road going 1.4 miles with NO stops vs. going one mile north and one mile east that would have a stop light.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Trips wrote:That was my first thought. Seems like it would only help the eastbound Hwy 370 drivers that wanted to go north on 180th. The 180th & I-80 exit and westbound Hwy 370 drivers would still use 180th.

I do like the idea of a diagonal road going 1.4 miles with NO stops vs. going one mile north and one mile east that would have a stop light.
Splitting this discussion into a Transportation thread: 180th Through Sarpy County
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

Suburbanizing our main arteries. I like it. We should make all of our thoroughfares twisty and curvy in honor of suburbian living.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

...A place where even Nancy Botwin would feel at home.
15-17, 26, 32
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Gretna City Council OK's Former Kush site plan per OWH

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/gretna- ... cc7cc.html
The Gretna City Council on Tuesday unanimously approved plans by developer Frank Krejci to build Gretna Senior Living, a $23.5 million senior housing project near the northwest corner of Nebraska Highways 6 and 370.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

Gretna Senior Living Center (Apartments) 62 Units in 1st Phase. Image

1st phase is two buildings with 62 units. A 2nd phase is reported to add 47 additional units for a total of 109 units. located at 11010 S Highway 31/6 see http://www.dcpostgazette.com/gretnaguid ... mode=story