Carolyn Scott Rainbow House (78th and Farnam)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Today ground was broken for a new Carolyn Scott Rainbow House near 78th and Farnam St.  The Rainbow house is a place for out of town families to stay in Omaha while their child is stuck in Children's Hospital.

I was at the ground breaking and will have some photos later.
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

This is in our neighborhood and they've been planning this for awhile.  I'm interested in what will happen to the current Rainbow House, which isn't all that old.  Some other Children's Hospital project, or new buyer for something else?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

garyomaha wrote:This is in our neighborhood and they've been planning this for awhile.  I'm interested in what will happen to the current Rainbow House, which isn't all that old.  Some other Children's Hospital project, or new buyer for something else?
Yeah, we were working on it for quite a while.  It was planned to be over a block or so but that lot just didn't work out so they found this new lot.  The only thing they really said about the old one is that they outgrew it.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Carolyn Scott Rainbow House (78th and Farnam)

Post by Coyote »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

4/19/2014 Photo Update:
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

I am reviewing permits issued in 2014 for projects completed in 2015. I found this project and see that nothing was posited about it being done. :( Such a nice project deserves a close out (even if it is old news). It opened in January 2015.

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

U R my Helix wrote:I am reviewing permits issued in 2014 for projects completed in 2015. I found this project and see that nothing was posited about it being done. :( Such a nice project deserves a close out (even if it is old news). It opened in January 2015.
My be that was when the forum went down. I know I shot photos of it completed. I will try to get them posted up later.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

I thought it was strange that this would be left hanging like this. I am just doing a little house cleaning on the multi-family files.
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

Any updates on what's planned for the old Rainbow House location on Harney? Sometimes lights are on or off at night -- not sure if it's being used for something or if that's only to deter unwanted "visitors."
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

garyomaha wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:03 pm Any updates on what's planned for the old Rainbow House location on Harney? Sometimes lights are on or off at night -- not sure if it's being used for something or if that's only to deter unwanted "visitors."
The old house has a new use as Carole's House of Hope see Link. It is now a transitional living center for young women. It looks like they built on quite a large addition to the former building.