North Shore (NW 120th & Lincoln)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mcarch
Library Board

Re: North Shore (NW 120th & Lincoln)

Post by mcarch »

Looking it up right now...

4 Active
26 Pending

Average Price: $384,132

Has anyone said why they were having issues transferring the lots? Was it because the NRD was involved?
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

Only 30? Seems like more basements than that out there.

So what is that, about 20% of phase 1 so far?

From what I've been told, the issue was only with Castle Bridge builder?
Luckyleach
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Luckyleach »

Has anyone found a most recent copy of the North Shore Covenants? I am actually looking for what the HOA dues will be for the neighborhood but I can't find it online anywhere. I have a list of construction guidelines our builder gave us but no covenants yet. We should be closing within the next 75 days
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Ive known more then a few lucky leachs in my time. :(
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

MLS Count update?
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Drove around the area yesterday and wow. Roughly 52 houses under construction with only 13 listed on the MLS.
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

Trips wrote:Drove around the area yesterday and wow.  Roughly 52 houses under construction with only 13 listed on the MLS.
Seems like the first phase will be 2/3 built/building by fall at this rate.

Talked to one of Woodlands reps and looks like they are taking hush hush reservations on phase 2 lots. Must be getting those streets ready by this fall...?
Razzingto
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Razzingto »

Luckyleach wrote:Has anyone found a most recent copy of the North Shore Covenants?  I am actually looking for what the HOA dues will be for the neighborhood but I can't find it online anywhere.  I have a list of construction guidelines our builder gave us but no covenants yet.  We should be closing within the next 75 days
Would like to know about the HOA as well. I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything on the HOA. Builder provided the building requirements. Plans and specs are almost finalized and they will be breaking ground in 2-3 weeks.
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

Already posted PM me with your email I'll send you covenants. We should be closing end of May
Razzingto
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Razzingto »

Just sent you a PM Al. Thanks!
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

Razzingto wrote:Just sent you a PM Al. Thanks!
don't think I have it?

Heard Phase 2 is going to start work soon
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

I don't want to sound like a prick, but why is there so much conversation on this development? There are dozens of subdivisions being built in the Omaha metro and yet this one in a suburban county is getting more and more commotion on this website. What's the deal?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I think those live there or are looking into living there.
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

Louie: It is a major Papillion-La Vista development since Shadow Lake. Many of the lots have views of the lake or the Omaha Skyline (if you are on the East portion of the neighborhood you can see downtown).

MLS Update:

Out of 59
For Sale: 17
Pending: 38
Sold: 4

Please note: Sold could mean the home was bought, but listed in MLS for information purposes only; happens all the time with new construction; as is the case for the 4 sold. Also, these numbers are possibly not representative of what ACTUALLY is pending/under construction, as it is NOT required to be input into MLS. Right now, about 20% are ghost listings/sold. An example would be if someone went to a builder, picked out a lot, and signed a contract with said builder and started construction. That sale does not have to be reported in the MLS.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

6 life-sized bronze horses installed at entrance to Papillion neighborhood
A stallion, mare and foal are among six life-sized bronze horses just installed at the entrance of the Ashbury Farm subdivision near 120th Street and Highway 370 in Papillion.

wishful
New to the Neighborhood

Post by wishful »

Anyone know anything about COX servicing the area? Moving soon, and can't seem to get COX to give me any answers.
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

They should. They service Omaha, Papillion, and surrounding areas. I lived about 4 miles from Ashbury Farms and had Cox.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Make sure to talk to a local Cox person. Six months ago Centurylink came in and ripped up my yard for the 1 Gig infrastructure. They never came back to fix my yard. I still decided to sign up, took off work for the installation and they No Call No showed me. The next day I get a thank you for your service with a bill. Last week they came to my door and said that service was now just turned on. I told them my story and they said that corporate does not know new service areas. I told them to come back on Thursday and I would sign up again. What do you know, No Call No Show. Cox is coming next week to instal my internet.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Does anyone know how long it takes for a neighborhood to go from graded to open for builders? I have a friend from out of state that has reserved a lot in Southbrook. His builder believes that they can start building in June. The development does not have a single road and 108th St is still not paved. It seems like a lot of work especially with the weather.

Sorry but I could not find a Kingsburry, Granite Falls, Southbrook, Ashbury Farms spot for this question.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Trips wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes for a neighborhood to go from graded to open for builders? I have a friend from out of state that has reserved a lot in Southbrook. His builder believes that they can start building in June. The development does not have a single road and 108th St is still not paved. It seems like a lot of work especially with the weather.
One some of our projects, I have seen builders start within a few days of the roads being poured. It doesn't take too long to pour the roads once they get started.
Trips wrote:Sorry but I could not find a Kingsburry, Granite Falls, Southbrook, Ashbury Farms spot for this question.
I don't know anything about Ashbury, but all the others you have mentioned either have paving plans in for approvals or are in the bidding process.
wishful
New to the Neighborhood

Post by wishful »

As for the Cox Communications service. I got a few more answers. It seems the street I am on (124th) the main trunk link did not get pulled just for this street They said they are trying to get people out to run the line, but they can't give a time frame. I heard anywhere from 1 week to 2 months before 124th street gets service for Cox. Hopefully the sooner. I am not sure if that includes both sides of 124th.

125th and 125th ave all have service. Just 124th in that section of the neighborhood does not apparently.

A while back there was a U-haul truck from some framers parked right where the main line would come into that street. It was parked there for a good month or so. I wonder if that might have had something to do with it. Although I have no idea when Cox came to run the lines initially. Just speculating.
wishful
New to the Neighborhood

Post by wishful »

Trips, what street are you on?
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

wishful wrote:Trips, what street are you on?
Lot 68 in Southbrook. 110th St. and about 4 houses north of Schram Rd. It is actually for a friend of mine that is moving here from Arizona.
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

wishful wrote:As for the Cox Communications service. I got a few more answers. It seems the street I am on (124th) the main trunk link did not get pulled just for this street They said they are trying to get people out to run the line, but they can't give a time frame. I heard anywhere from 1 week to 2 months before 124th street gets service for Cox. Hopefully the sooner. I am not sure if that includes both sides of 124th.

125th and 125th ave all have service. Just 124th in that section of the neighborhood does not apparently.

A while back there was a U-haul truck from some framers parked right where the main line would come into that street. It was parked there for a good month or so. I wonder if that might have had something to do with it. Although I have no idea when Cox came to run the lines initially. Just speculating.
I'm pretty sure that is what they just pulled across the edge of my lot. ElectriComm or something. Big thick cable, definitely not power. Cox?

I'm trying to go without cable for a while but will definitely need internet.
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

skinzfan23 wrote:6 life-sized bronze horses installed at entrance to Papillion neighborhood
A stallion, mare and foal are among six life-sized bronze horses just installed at the entrance of the Ashbury Farm subdivision near 120th Street and Highway 370 in Papillion.

These do look pretty cool.

Maybe North Shore will get a boat and some paddles? ;)
Razzingto
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Razzingto »

Al Buterol wrote:
wishful wrote:As for the Cox Communications service. I got a few more answers. It seems the street I am on (124th) the main trunk link did not get pulled just for this street They said they are trying to get people out to run the line, but they can't give a time frame. I heard anywhere from 1 week to 2 months before 124th street gets service for Cox. Hopefully the sooner. I am not sure if that includes both sides of 124th.

I'm pretty sure that is what they just pulled across the edge of my lot. ElectriComm or something. Big thick cable, definitely not power. Cox?

I'm trying to go without cable for a while but will definitely need internet.
So it sounds like COX is in the works. Anyone have any ideas on Centurylink and their 1gb internet? Their corporate offices seem to have no idea just like COX's as to what they have available. I am on 124th Street as well. Close October 1 so I know a lot changes between now and then - just thinking about getting some pricing done so we can decide what to do.

I also have a brother-in-law who installs for Centurylink and he swears that North Shore is setup for 1gb fiber, last we talked though he wasn't sure when they would start selling/installing for people.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Razzingto - Call the local office. I am in a new neighborhood and only a local office knew what was going on. Once they started it they put up signs and had reps knocking on doors of everyone. They really like to push their PRIZM tv.

Here are the prices per month I got 2 months ago when it just started vs current pricing.
1 Gig - $129 vs $154/month
100 Mbps - $75 vs $95/month
40 Mbps - $30 vs $74/month

Free installation ($60 rebate to cover that) + $25 gift card. Prices locked for 1 year. I could also pay an extra $10/month and lock the rates for 2 years.
Razzingto
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Razzingto »

Trips wrote:Razzingto - Call the local office. I am in a new neighborhood and only a local office knew what was going on. Once they started it they put up signs and had reps knocking on doors of everyone. They really like to push their PRIZM tv.

Here are the prices per month I got 2 months ago when it just started vs current pricing.
1 Gig - $129 vs $154/month
100 Mbps - $75 vs $95/month
40 Mbps - $30 vs $74/month

Free installation ($60 rebate to cover that) + $25 gift card. Prices locked for 1 year. I could also pay an extra $10/month and lock the rates for 2 years.
Thanks for the info - any numbers on what they do when bundled with Directv?
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

I'm also on 124th st. Small world. We love the neighborhood so far and our builder was awesome through the whole process.

Anyone have inside info on getting the Cluster Mailbox installed on 124th St? I call BHI Birchwood to ask 2-3 times a week and always get a different answer, and the install is always a week or two away. I have serious doubts that they have even ordered it yet.

We have Cox installed after 3 weeks of trying. They had a lot of trouble with their fiber lines in our backyard boxes but finally done and installed. Unfortunately they wouldn't match the $70 gigabit prices that they advertise in the Arizona market.

I actually wanted CL Prism. Even though I know there's fiber in my backyard the customer service reps think we can only get 1.5 Mbit service to our house. Not sure what's up there. And they have no local office to talk directly either in person or on the phone.
Razzingto
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Razzingto »

See below
jsheets wrote:I'm also on 124th st. Small world. We love the neighborhood so far and our builder was awesome through the whole process.

Anyone have inside info on getting the Cluster Mailbox installed on 124th St? I call BHI Birchwood to ask 2-3 times a week and always get a different answer, and the install is always a week or two away. I have serious doubts that they have even ordered it yet. There is actually a box installed right across the street from us on 124th st basically at the corner with Windward Ave. Its on the east side of 124th st, our house is on the west side.

We have Cox installed after 3 weeks of trying. They had a lot of trouble with their fiber lines in our backyard boxes but finally done and installed. Unfortunately they wouldn't match the $70 gigabit prices that they advertise in the Arizona market.

I actually wanted CL Prism. Even though I know there's fiber in my backyard the customer service reps think we can only get 1.5 Mbit service to our house. Not sure what's up there. And they have no local office to talk directly either in person or on the phone. There is a CL shop out about 168th and Maple. I stopped in there and they looked - said that they are getting the fiber installed and finishing work at the boxes. Said we should be seeing people around the neighborhood soon with door hangers and going door-to-door letting people know. We close October 1 so hopefully they will be good to go by then.
We previously had Directv and Cox for internet. Was hoping to package Directv with CL 1GB internet but their so called package deal was for only a $10 credit each month. If I can't get Directv to come down on their price and give me a better rate I am probably going to go with CL Prism as well. CL Prism packaged with their internet is by far the best price. Not sure about their service or if I will like their TV as much as Directv, but for the price, we may just have to try them out for a little while.
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

Guessing Phase 2 has to start on streets this fall?

MLS count? How many lots active/sold/pending? I don't see many lots still for sale.
Razzingto
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Razzingto »

Does anyone know what Cornhusker is going to do when it gets to the recreation area? Is it going to end in a parking lot like it is on the other side? Will there be access to the recreation area from it?
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

Razzingto wrote:Does anyone know what Cornhusker is going to do when it gets to the recreation area? Is it going to end in a parking lot like it is on the other side? Will there be access to the recreation area from it?
I was told by the developer (however this was in late 2013) that it would be developed into a parking lot/trail head whenever Cornhusker was paved from 120th/114th to the lake.
Razzingto
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Razzingto »

Al Buterol wrote:
Razzingto wrote:Does anyone know what Cornhusker is going to do when it gets to the recreation area? Is it going to end in a parking lot like it is on the other side? Will there be access to the recreation area from it?
I was told by the developer (however this was in late 2013) that it would be developed into a parking lot/trail head whenever Cornhusker was paved from 120th/114th to the lake.
:banger: Good - we won't have a long walk to get into the park! :banger:
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

Al Buterol wrote:Guessing Phase 2 has to start on streets this fall?

MLS count? How many lots active/sold/pending? I don't see many lots still for sale.
Al, I changed jobs and am no longer at the Appraisal Firm, so I have lost my access to MLS.
shoe14
New to the Neighborhood

Post by shoe14 »

Anyone know the building requirements for phase 2 and 3? Are they any different than phase 1?
shoe14
New to the Neighborhood

Post by shoe14 »

Anyone?
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

I'm not sure why Phase 2 or 3 would be any different than Phase 1. Especially Phase 2.

Plat was already approved. Should be same covenances.

http://www.egovlink.com/public_document ... 0FINAL.pdf

http://www.egovlink.com/public_document ... 070814.pdf

http://www.egovlink.com/public_document ... eement.pdf

http://www.egovlink.com/public_document ... %20292.pdf

Looks like they have started the preliminary grading on Phase 2.
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

Anyone know when North Shore Commercial, directly west of the stadium, will take off?

Plat seems like it has been in "pending" for some time. I heard about 5 restaurants in the mix to be there, including Le Mesa being named.

http://www.egovlink.com/public_document ... 071814.pdf

http://www.egovlink.com/public_document ... 071814.pdf
Husker22
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Husker22 »

Does anyone know when phase 2 lots will be sold?