Ashbury Farm

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Ashbury Farm

Post by Coyote »

Signs of Omaha-area housing comeback are building
Cindy Gonzalez: WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:If approved, Torczon's Ashbury Farm subdivision south of Highway 370 would be an “executive neighborhood” dotted by street sculpture art and 123 homes selling for between $400,000 and $600,000.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote
City Council

Re: Ashbury Farm

Post by Coyote »

Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

Heard today that Great Wolf Lodge is a signature away from taking the commercial lots in front of Ashbury Farms fronting Hwy370 across from Werner Park. Anybody else?
DevKy
New to the Neighborhood

Post by DevKy »

Al Buterol wrote:Heard today that Great Wolf Lodge is a signature away from taking the commercial lots in front of Ashbury Farms fronting Hwy370 across from Werner Park. Anybody else?
Very interesting, where did you hear about this?
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

The for sale sign on the SW corner of 126th and 370 is gone.
Turtle9160
Home Owners Association

Post by Turtle9160 »

Al Buterol wrote:Heard today that Great Wolf Lodge is a signature away from taking the commercial lots in front of Ashbury Farms fronting Hwy370 across from Werner Park. Anybody else?
That would be a huge thing for the Omaha area if true, 370 from 108th to 80 is going crazy with new construction. Would be a great location across the highway form Werner Park
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

DevKy wrote:
Very interesting, where did you hear about this?
A local hyvee director who said Kroger had been planning a Bakers for some time there, but when I asked him again about the Bakers, he said actually I saw blueprints today for a Great Wolf Lodge on those lots instead. He thought it was essentially a done deal. I don't know much else.
tpaine
New to the Neighborhood

Post by tpaine »

Why don't they instead build the Great Wolf Lodge next to the Henry Doorly Zoo? That would be a much better place for it and go better with the theme of the zoo. For having one of the best zoos in the country, the city of Omaha has sadly underpromoted its top tourist attraction and underutilized the surrounding area. Stick a Rainforest Café along with the Great Wolf Lodge next to it and you'd have more of a major tourist destination!
omaha79
Parks & Recreation

Post by omaha79 »

It would be somewhat surprising to me that the developer of the $600-$1 million homes in Ashbury Farms would want a touristy theme hotel right there. I can't imagine the kind of people who buy nearly million dollar homes would want that in their backyard due to the increased noise and traffic an attraction like that would represent. But, what do I know? I don't run in those circles and that development is already a stones throw from Werner Park. I'm sure they can hear the P.A., some crowd noize, and certainly the Friday Fireworks and occasional concerts.
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

tpaine wrote:Why don't they instead build the Great Wolf Lodge next to the Henry Doorly Zoo? That would be a much better place for it and go better with the theme of the zoo. For having one of the best zoos in the country, the city of Omaha has sadly underpromoted its top tourist attraction and underutilized the surrounding area. Stick a Rainforest Café along with the Great Wolf Lodge next to it and you'd have more of a major tourist destination!
That would be pretty great. I hope they get the parking and car access fixed sooner than later as well (to the zoo). Saw something saying a 3rd exit lane from I-80 would be going in by 2018
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

Talked to the HyVee guy again.

He said the Great Wolf Lodge was going in on the ballpark side of 370, not in front of Ashbury. So apparently on that lot not owned by the church/retirement/apartment groups? I wouldn't think that would be big enough but I don't know these things.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

167 Unit Multi-Family component Ashbury Hills. Source Link