Candlewood Hills (122& Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad

Brad
City Council

Candlewood Hills (122& Dodge)

Postby Brad » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:32 am

Redesign revs up plan for West Dodge project

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140111/M ... ge-project" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cindy Gonzalez / World-Herald staff writer wrote:
A long-delayed commercial and housing project to be built on what's left of Blumkin family property northwest of 122nd Street and West Dodge Road has revved up again.

Grading and other site preparation on the now-vacant 27 acres just west of Costco could begin this year, said Bob Begley of Lockwood Development, which intends to develop the site.

As proposed, an apartment complex, a three-story office building, a 10,000-square-foot bank and a 5,000-square-foot retail area would occupy the area. Construction of structures would wait, Begley said, until tenants are secured.
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Re: Candlewood Hills (122& Dodge)

Postby guitarguy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Gosh with this filling in now I wonder how much longer there will be any undeveloped land along Dodge St.
mountzenith New Album Releasing This Week.. Download For Free Here

iamjacobm
City Council

Postby iamjacobm » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:30 pm

guitarguy wrote:Gosh with this filling in now I wonder how much longer there will be any undeveloped land along Dodge St.

Not that it will or should happen, but it would be interesting to see how much the land that Boy's Town has is worth.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Postby bigredmed » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:43 pm

iamjacobm wrote:
guitarguy wrote:Gosh with this filling in now I wonder how much longer there will be any undeveloped land along Dodge St.

Not that it will or should happen, but it would be interesting to see how much the land that Boy's Town has is worth.

Their farm to the west of 144th used to be useful for teaching kids some basic mechanics and carpentry. Now with child labor laws and the revolving door at that place, the kids are never there long enough to stabilize and be trusted with tools, and they are not allowed to work on the farm for fear of violating that law. That land is probably worth a couple of million raw. Though they should keep it as the pendulum of child protection is bound to change back.

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:11 pm

122th and Dodge

Still land available at 128th & W Dodge:

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Historic Parcel on Council's Table

WOWT wrote:they don't want the back entrance to come out on Burt Street and into the Candlewood neighborhood, believing drivers will use it as a Costco shortcut.

Brad
City Council

Postby Brad » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:17 am

Put in a couple speed bumps and call it good. If I lived in Candlewood,I would be all over this entrance. You could get to Menards, Costo, and HyVee without hitting a main street.
@bradwphoto on Twitter

cdub
Parks & Recreation

Postby cdub » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:32 am

This one is more silly than many similar neighborhood complaints that I have seen. Its a driveway to an apartment complex. Technically you can drive through to the Costco but its only really a shortcut if your already in the neighborhood.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Postby bigredmed » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:24 pm

Brad wrote:Put in a couple speed bumps and call it good.  If I lived in Candlewood,I would be all over this entrance.  You could get to Menards, Costo, and HyVee without hitting a main street.

I agree. Candlewood is not the most efficiently layed out development anyway and anyone who has gone there more than once knows that its better to just go around. It will be nice for them to go out. I could see others using it as a back up, especially on Saturdays when the frontage road gets congested around Menards and Costco, so I don't know that I would dismiss their concern out of hand.

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:29 pm

Despite neighbors' protests, redevelopment of Blumkin property gets City Council's OK

Erin Golden: World-Herald staff writer wrote:Tuesday, the council voted 6-1 to approve plans for a 27-acre project on the Blumkin family property near 122nd Street and West Dodge Road. The development, located near the Candlewood neighborhood, will include retail space, a bank, an office building and an apartment complex.

Brad
City Council

Postby Brad » Fri May 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Is something being built between Tires Plus and the Fox N Hound in front of Menard's?
@bradwphoto on Twitter

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Fri May 02, 2014 4:12 pm

Brad wrote:Is something being built between Tires Plus and the Fox N Hound in front of Menard's?

You mean Discount Tire?
Brakes Plus

U R my Helix
Library Board

Postby U R my Helix » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:18 pm

This apartment complex calls for a total of 327 units. Per discussion in a zoning board of appeals meeting in July 2015 159 units on the west side and 168 units on the east. Remaining issues before a permit can be issued appear to be driveway locations, an updated wetlands analysis and a property line v parking lot issue.

Habits76
New to the Neighborhood

Postby Habits76 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:10 am

I noticed over the past few weeks there has been some activity on this property. There was some bigger equipment on site as of this morning.

apsteingas
New to the Neighborhood

Postby apsteingas » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:44 am

Anyone have any other information on this plan? Image

MTO
City Council

Postby MTO » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:02 pm

Love it when developments go ahead while NIMBYs protest. And given how heavy commercial is on a W. Dodge frontage road I'm surprised how much residential this will be.
15-17, 26, 32

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Postby bigredmed » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:12 pm

MTO wrote:Love it when developments go ahead while NIMBYs protest. And given how heavy commercial is on a W. Dodge frontage road I'm surprised how much residential this will be.

The apartments will be a bonus if they stay good. Section 8 or blue hair specials will further drag down the area. The retail space is unnecessary given the gross square feet of empty store fronts all around that area. The office space is probably a push in terms of helping or hurting the area.

Sometimes NIMBYs make good points and sometimes they don't.

RockHarbor
Human Relations

Postby RockHarbor » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:06 pm

Awesome!! I was just wondering what they are building there, as I'm noticing earth being moved around near the Costco. Finally...that is all filling in.

Sometimes, lots are unbuilt upon for so long, that you almost forget it is land to still build upon. You just get used to it being part of the landscape. It's kind of like that with those Dodge lots. Until they built Costco, I almost didn't notice there were lots there anymore. They are more noticeable to me looking at Google Maps (satellite view). For example, I never noticed the empty lot next to the Marriott Hotel in Regency, until Google Maps. It has been there so long, that you grew up around it, and you just don't notice it ...

Return to “Suburban Omaha Development”