85th and Cass Office

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Brad, nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8597
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

85th and Cass Office

Postby iamjacobm » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:22 pm


User avatar
Seth
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1439
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 pm
Location: Ford Birthsite Neighborhood

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Postby Seth » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Looks like a perfect use for that property. There's just one small ranch-style house on that parcel right now.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8597
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Postby iamjacobm » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Seth wrote:Looks like a perfect use for that property.  There's just one small ranch-style house on that parcel right now.


Totally agree. Cass could see a lot of redevelopment over the next few years with crossroads about to take off. Could be a nice corridor with offices and apartments instead of some of the dumpy buildings it has now.

Busguy2010
Library Board
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Postby Busguy2010 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:27 pm

I live in that area and I've always thought the houses that face Cass between 85th and 76th could easily be bought out and the land be better used. I could totally see row houses between 85th and 83rd. How beautiful would that be?

With this office being built, I wonder if that all-window house on the corner will be torn down?

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2687
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Postby RNcyanide » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Busguy2010 wrote:I live in that area and I've always thought the houses that face Cass between 85th and 76th could easily be bought out and the land be better used.  I could totally see row houses between 85th and 83rd.  How beautiful would that be?

With this office being built, I wonder if that all-window house on the corner will be torn down?


From the outside, the blinds look all disheveled and it looks messy. Kind of a shame for a unique looking house.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
Seth
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1439
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 pm
Location: Ford Birthsite Neighborhood

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Postby Seth » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:48 pm

RNcyanide wrote:
Busguy2010 wrote:I live in that area and I've always thought the houses that face Cass between 85th and 76th could easily be bought out and the land be better used.  I could totally see row houses between 85th and 83rd.  How beautiful would that be?

With this office being built, I wonder if that all-window house on the corner will be torn down?


From the outside, the blinds look all disheveled and it looks messy. Kind of a shame for a unique looking house.


The Google Streetview also still shows a giant 1980's satellite dish on top of it. Clearly they're behind in a few things beyond dusting the shades.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8597
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Postby iamjacobm » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:37 pm

http://www.omaha.com/money/major-commercial-residential-projects-sprouting-up-across-omaha-area/article_5c5e7166-0e56-5f69-ba27-ed425a2f714c.html

Cindy Gonzalez OWH wrote:Construction is expected in midyear, says Lanoha Development, on a 30,000-square-foot office building near 85th and Cass Streets.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8597
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:49 am

http://www.livewellnebraska.com/health/new-office-building-to-give-children-s-room-to-stretch/article_d54e7626-f354-5802-8c62-0f3d3801b3e8.html

A two-story office building set to rise at 85th and Cass Streets will join an existing “sibling” structure next door to create an administrative-services campus for Children’s Hospital & Medical Center.

Lanoha Development has started ground work for the new 30,000-square-foot structure to be built on land previously occupied by two homes and a vacant lot.


Image

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 19930
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Postby Coyote » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Image

Image
Image

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28002
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Postby Brad » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:34 pm

Photo Update:
Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8597
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Postby iamjacobm » Sun May 01, 2016 5:30 pm

The steel looks to be done here.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28002
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Postby Brad » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:30 pm

Photo Update:
1.
Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 19930
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Postby Coyote » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:51 pm

That turned out better than the original plan, and looks to match the building to the west.
Image


Return to “Suburban Omaha Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest