88 Tactical to build Indoor Range and Training Facility

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

88 Tactical to build Indoor Range and Training Facility

Post by nebugeater »

Per the OWH today 88 Tactical is ready to "pull the trigger" on a $5 million indoor range, training facility and retail store. Location to be at I80 & Hwy 370

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140331/M ... ting-range" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The new 88 Tactical facility — a 20,000- to 30,000-square-foot facility on a three-acre site — would feature classrooms for its 90 course offerings, a 25-meter indoor shooting range with 20 lanes, cocktail and cigar lounges, and offices.
If approved, the 88 Tactical facility would be one of two new indoor ranges scheduled to open to the public in the Omaha area. Another indoor range, 10 Weapons and Training, plans to open by the end of the year at 8910 Military Road.

Other indoor shooting ranges in the area include the Bullet Hole in La Vista and Take Aim, which opened in 2013 at 3403 Samson Way in Bellevue
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
MTO
City Council

Re: 88 Tactical to build Indoor Range and Training Facility

Post by MTO »

They'll help many people.
Last edited by MTO on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
15-17, 26, 32
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

If the place has Range Safety Officers and has a general policy of reining in the Turbos who seem more interested in shooting as many bullets as possible rather than hitting the bullseye, it will be a nice addition.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

is this all finished yet?
Last edited by MTO on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
15-17, 26, 32
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Well this is unfortunate.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I hope they franchise.
Last edited by MTO on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
15-17, 26, 32
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

How do you know?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

MTO wrote:Listen to me now and believe me later, this is no coincidence.
You are calling the people in this business racists. You are now obliged to come real with some independently verifiable facts to support this insult.

If they are racists, then we will shun them. If not, then we will shun you.

No more word grenades.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Maybe they can get a contract with black water.
Last edited by MTO on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
15-17, 26, 32
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Are the nice people of Hiro88 racists as well?

The Bride
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Haven't heard anything..
15-17, 26, 32
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

RNcyanide wrote:Are the nice people of Hiro88 racists as well?
88 is a lucky number in several Asian cultures...
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Ben wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:Are the nice people of Hiro88 racists as well?
88 is a lucky number in several Asian cultures...
Thanks for the information lol. However, I was failing at being sarcastic.

The Bride
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

You do know that Signal 88 is the formal police code for All Safe, which is what Tactical 88 is named after...
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I do and I'm not talking about it anymore. Delete all of this please.
15-17, 26, 32
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

The internets never forgets... :P

The Bride
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

MTO wrote:I do and I'm not talking about it anymore. Delete all of this please.

No posts exist for this topic
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

This guys got 6000 posts and he breaks out in some crazy racist Klu Klux Klan conspiracy tirade :lol: Then he requests the evidence of his insanity be destroyed. :lol: Have we not an once of credibility folks :?:
Pat
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Pat »

5,666 of his posts are just complete bs, don't you know...
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

MTO has earned the right to go off the rails once in a while. What makes this place interesting is he isn't even the craziest person on here, more middle of the pack crazy.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I have heard so much about 88...
But this weekend got my CCW at Take Aim.
Bullet Hole...? Show me a place Lead won't kill me...z
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Coyote wrote:I have heard so much about 88...
IN the process of joining Omaha Gun Club, but what do you think of Take Aim?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

bigredmed wrote:IN the process of joining Omaha Gun Club, but what do you think of Take Aim?
It is one of the cleaner ranges in Omaha. It is not much. two ranges that has 6 stalls, a class room and lobby. They keep real busy though, and you don't get that lead feel of other ranges. I live in Millard but bypass The Bullet Hole because of this.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

I don't know you at all and you seem like a fairly nice guy. That being said you also seem kind of a little bit different too and it concerns me that all too often the off people are the ones that want to run around town with a gun in their belt. I have lived in this area 55 years and I just don't feel the need to take my gun with me to be safe. Your most powerful weapon and source of protection is your brain. Use common sense and don't put yourself in risky situations and you wont need a gun. I am a Republican and I support Donald Trump 100% but I don't agree that its a good idea to arm everybody and return to the days of the wild wild west. I dont want to live in a world where every other fool is walking around with a gun tucked in his belt. In fact if thats the kind of world we are heading towards I'm glad I will be dead in another 20 years and wont have to see it.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

its for work
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
I don't know you at all and you seem like a fairly nice guy. That being said you also seem kind of a little bit different too and it concerns me that all too often the off people are the ones that want to run around town with a gun in their belt. I have lived in this area 55 years and I just don't feel the need to take my gun with me to be safe. Your most powerful weapon and source of protection is your brain. Use common sense and don't put yourself in risky situations and you wont need a gun. I am a Republican and I support Donald Trump 100% but I don't agree that its a good idea to arm everybody and return to the days of the wild wild west. I dont want to live in a world where every other fool is walking around with a gun tucked in his belt. In fact if thats the kind of world we are heading towards I'm glad I will be dead in another 20 years and wont have to see it.
If I start target shooting, you can bet I will get a CCW, and probably never carry. I drive a vehicle without a trunk, where two step rules get murky, and don't think I care to spend a weekend in jail and thousands in legal fees just to have the DA toss the case. Esp when a CCW would obviate the whole thing.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

A friend of mine told me a couple months back that he had went to 88 Tactical and they gave him a quick little 20 minute sales tour. My friend told me the place was amazing. I finally got around to taking that tour a couple of weeks ago and he was right. To make a long story short this is quite the little gun club. You walk in the front door and right there in front of you is a couple of AK-47 looking type rifles mounted on a display. If you join the club one of the many benefits is you get one of those rifles for free. Again the place is super nice with guns for sale and a gun shop. They even have 2 bars! The VIP Club bar upstairs is a restaurant/bar. They say once you have had a drink they will not let you shoot guns no more that day :) They give classes and everything else. That tower out front is for police to practice repelling from they say. I would like to be a member but then again maybe I would not. This place is nice and looks fun but no doubt at all it is a magnet for the nuts. Your chances of getting shot on any given day have to go up significantly any day you are hanging out at this place. Just the same this place is really cool.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I have to agree, the place is amazing, but its owner Shea Degan is one serious badass, and is surrounded by people who can teach you anything. I've had several classes with them from active shooter classes to classes at their Ranges at their Tekamah site. He used to own Signal 88 but sold that off to create this unique niche in our market, and is doing very well.
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

I belong to Omaha Gun Club and given it’s closer location, I haven’t tried that place. Heard that they are pretty tacticool. Any thoughts?
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:44 pm A friend of mine told me a couple months back that he had went to 88 Tactical and they gave him a quick little 20 minute sales tour. My friend told me the place was amazing. I finally got around to taking that tour a couple of weeks ago and he was right. To make a long story short this is quite the little gun club. You walk in the front door and right there in front of you is a couple of AK-47 looking type rifles mounted on a display. If you join the club one of the many benefits is you get one of those rifles for free. Again the place is super nice with guns for sale and a gun shop. They even have 2 bars! The VIP Club bar upstairs is a restaurant/bar. They say once you have had a drink they will not let you shoot guns no more that day :) They give classes and everything else. That tower out front is for police to practice repelling from they say. I would like to be a member but then again maybe I would not. This place is nice and looks fun but no doubt at all it is a magnet for the nuts. Your chances of getting shot on any given day have to go up significantly any day you are hanging out at this place. Just the same this place is really cool.
There’s probably some members there one Russian tweet bot away from shooting up a place but most likely not there. I got myself an ACR and SAM7 specifically because those gun nuts are impowered right now. I take Jiu Jitsu at Clark Internatoonal they don’t have guns but they do teach self defense \ tactical stuff with those fake guns.
15-17, 26, 32
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

I came across this news release about the partnership between 88 Tactical and city+ventures, the guys behind the la Vista downtown project, to expand the 88 concept and brand nationally. The specs are impressive for future locations, doubling the current location in Omaha plus it's expansion. Anyway, I thought this was interesting news considering the current economic climate.

https://88tactical.com/88-tactical-city ... v1cv_KwyK0

Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

The lounge upstairs is really nice and drink prices were reasonable. Have they started building the gym yet? I would have signed up for a membership but did not like the fact that everyone got an AR with their membership.
dave1215
Home Owners Association

Post by dave1215 »

Trips wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:29 am Have they started building the gym yet?
A member told me today that the gymnis now open