West Maple, Grayhawk area

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

BIG-T
New to the Neighborhood

West Maple, Grayhawk area

Post by BIG-T »

I have noticed a lot of dirt moving, on the south side of maple @ 150th St, anyone have any idea what's going up there?
Brad
City Council

Re: West Maple, Grayhawk area

Post by Brad »

They are building "West Grayhawk". My company did the work on it, but I have no clue whats going in there.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Brad wrote:They are building "West Grayhawk". My company did the work on it, but I have no clue whats going in there.
Any improvements in design over Greyhawk?

It is still Crazy to me that you build several back to back strip malls in a row and make nearly zero provision for someone to park in one parking lot and walk from a store in one building to a store or restaurant in another building. How expensive are a few extra sidewalks. This whole larger development has two big box stores and at least nine different strip mall buildings, an apartment complex and two adjacent large residential neighborhoods, and an ocean of surface parking. Forget good urban design, how hard is it to simply have sidewalks that would allow someone to park and go from store to store or someone from the apartments or a neighborhood to walk to a store or restaurant.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Yes, that is all spelled out in the Mix Used Agreement. It was probably in one of the city council agendas, but yes everything is connected to each other with sidewalk. I wonder if the existing area by Lowes was built before that was required?
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Brad wrote:Yes, that is all spelled out in the Mix Used Agreement.  It was probably in one of the city council agendas, but yes everything is connected to each other with sidewalk.  I wonder if the existing area by Lowes was built before that was required?
It must have been. This is one of my pet peeves. I use to live in that general area and it drove me nuts that there were stores and restaurants less than a mile from me but to walk there you had to walk in the street or through grass lots and across parking lots. Even in car centric suburban developments good sidewalks are such an easy design feature and can only increase business. People are so use to bad design that they don't even think about it.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Replat Three is before the City Council, to "allow construction of several buildings containing office, commercial, fast food, and gas station uses"
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/money/major-commer ... f714c.html
Cindy Gonzalez OWH wrote:The West Grayhawk 85,000-square-foot retail center, with Fresh Thyme grocery as an anchor, is to be built at 147th Street and West Maple Road, said Lockwood Development Co.