N 72nd and World Communications Dr.

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

GetUrban
Planning Board

N 72nd and World Communications Dr.

Post by GetUrban »

Noticed this morning that there is some substantial earth moving going on at World Comm Dr. just west of N72nd St., northwest of the old Sitel Building (now ESI) I'll keep you posted if I find out what it is....maybe a new building? Anyone know?

This is the office park just south of I-680 & N 72nd.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Re: N 72nd and World Communications Dr.

Post by GetUrban »

It's looking like this is just a parking lot expansion for the ConAgra data center nearby to the east. There are still a few lots left for any businesses looking to locate in the area, but it seems everybody wants to go southwest, which is OK with me.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

According to a Q1 office report Triage Staffing took 20K SF in this building.
zippy
Home Owners Association

Post by zippy »

Triage staffing is only temporarily using this location while they build out their future space, which I believe is NW of 120th and Pacific.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Apoligies if this isn't the same building.

https://www.omaha.com/money/mud-decides ... 74968.html
The Metropolitan Utilities District is poised to move from its downtown headquarters — where it has called home for nearly a century — to northwest Omaha.

MUD Board members on Wednesday approved a recommendation from its management to buy the property at 7350 World Communications Dr., near 72nd Street and Interstate 680.

The property was listed at $9.16 million. The board authorized MUD President Mark Doyle to negotiate a price not to exceed $8.1 million.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

The property was listed at $9.16 million. The board authorized MUD President Mark Doyle to negotiate a price not to exceed $8.1 million.
Well that kinda puts all their cards on the table...
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
PWL73316
Library Board

Post by PWL73316 »

iamjacobm wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 pm Apoligies if this isn't the same building.

https://www.omaha.com/money/mud-decides ... 74968.html
The Metropolitan Utilities District is poised to move from its downtown headquarters — where it has called home for nearly a century — to northwest Omaha.

MUD Board members on Wednesday approved a recommendation from its management to buy the property at 7350 World Communications Dr., near 72nd Street and Interstate 680.

Same complex. The three buildings in the complex are 7200, 7300, and 7350, from south to north. The new MUD building is the one furthest back in the complex. You can see the west parking lot expansion mentioned at the top of the thread in this satellite view, if you can see past my terrible Paint skills.